+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 90 of 90

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: "Operation Chokehold" Spreading

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Windmeel Well, the gas prices going up 2 weeks later to the "Gas Boycotts" that takes place is just coincidental. See, if everybody didn't buy gas for
...
  1. #81
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Well, the gas prices going up 2 weeks later to the "Gas Boycotts" that takes place is just coincidental. See, if everybody didn't buy gas for one day, it doesn't hurt anyone. It just doubles the gas pumped the following day.
    The "Gas Boycotts" do nothing but delay when you get gas. Just like you say they raise the price the following day or week because people will need the gas at some point just not on the day of the boycott. Not going to the pumps for one day does nothing. You still need gas at some point. To hurt them more you see the people actually putting up more fight by using public transportation, bikes, walking, carpools, etc. Those items actually use less gas than not going to a pump for one day.

    This "Operation Chokehold" will do nothing also. It may just be a small connection issue here or there in big cities but most people and places will not even notice. Like I said before it takes a disaster to bring communications to it's knees in an area. Heavy use by several users will not have a great impact on them. Remember T-Mobile going down completely? People just brushed that off also and that lasted 5+ hours.

    Att will probably just say whatever to this and move on with the everyday business. Because they will know if the system is bogged down it was because of an "attack" and not the normal use of the customers.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-17-2009 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #82
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    The "Gas Boycotts" do nothing but delay when you get gas. Just like you say they raise the price the following day or week because people will need the gas at some point just not on the day of the boycott. Not going to the pumps for one day does nothing. You still need gas at some point. To hurt them more you see the people actually putting up more fight by using public transportation, bikes, walking, carpools, etc. Those items actually use less gas than not going to a pump for one day.
    lol - I've only just realised what you guys are talking about. I wondered how you managed to boycott gas. I was imagining turning off heating and all sorts. But, of course, when you talk about gas you don't mean gas at all (what do you call gas? ) , you actually mean petrol which makes far more sense.

    It's very confusing.

    Like Winston Churchill said - 'Two nations separated by a common language'.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  3. #83
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    163
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    You're an idiot like all the rest who think this will help. The person who began this whole thing prob doesn't give a crap about AT&T nor you. How do you know he's not hoping that this trick will force AT&T to actually implement the usage limits to **** us iPhone users up?

    Do any of you morons actually use your brains when it comes to business matters like this? Or do you all just follow on like baby ducks hoping for some kind of resolution? You're all going to probably end up ruining it for ALL OF US. Not just me, not just joe the plumber,even you yourselves. Such stupid childlike brains you all have.
    And you must be one of those "idiot sheep" that goes along with everything and never complains or voices their oppinions. I am sure AT&T (and others)just loves your type! By the way, next time your being herded by Apple and AT&T, buy an extra iPhone so that you can help the cause.

    Whether an "idiot" like yourself knows it or not, you are part of the problem - on all sorts of levels. But, you are just to DUMB to know it!

  4. #84
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    lol - I've only just realised what you guys are talking about. I wondered how you managed to boycott gas. I was imagining turning off heating and all sorts. But, of course, when you talk about gas you don't mean gas at all (what do you call gas? ) , you actually mean petrol which makes far more sense.

    It's very confusing.

    Like Winston Churchill said - 'Two nations separated by a common language'.
    Lol yes we meant petrol. The american english language can be very, very confusing. One word can have many meanings or many words can be one thing. I work with our India group a lot on the phone and email/messenger and sometimes things get confusing because of how the word is meant or one of us thought of a different meaning. Even moving from southern US to northern US things have different words and meanings. When I hear some of my employees talking on some items I have to double check what they meant or why are they saying that word because the sentence sounded weird from a southern standing.

    By the way did "Operation Chokehold" do anything to anyone today? I work late nights so I didn't notice a thing because I was asleep and none of my friends or family mentioned any issues.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.

  5. #85
    Retired Moderator one1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    In my own little world
    Posts
    10,318
    Thanks
    349
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

    Hmmm I used my iphone normally all day and never noticed a thing..... as predicted. *fluff*
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

  6. #86
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    13,989
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 889 Posts

    That was the same thing I had been saying. Several hundred people doing heavy use all aross the US will not do much. Several thousand people using the networks during a disaster will take it down just in that area. Even then it is not a full take down but just a rough time getting through but it will happen with retries. T-Mobile going down nationwide for 5+ hours caused mild headaches but the next day everyone didn't care and forgot.
    Last edited by Cer0; 12-18-2009 at 10:21 PM.

  7. #87
    The King Melech518's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,704
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

    Yup, The T-Mobile outage was awful but was quickly forgotten in a few days. But I knew this chokehold would do nothing..
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

    Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

  8. #88
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Small town in california
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    lol oh my, everyone was just so pumped for this, over thousands of people supporting it on facebook...and nothing. the media was all over this, fcc got in, and there was no impact from this, whatsoever. hah, how anticlimactic.

  9. #89
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    wow OVER-HYPED...sucks it didnt do anything.

  10. #90
    Green Apple CrunchDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood Hills, California
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Haha...Yea well, this didn't really accomplish anything other than to show how childish and silly the iPhone community is.

    I made sure to turn on WiFi for 12/18 on my 3GS.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts