Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pastebot iPhone App is a Cut - and Paste - Above the Rest

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Pastebot iPhone App is a Cut - and Paste - Above the Rest

The iPhone has gained a cool new clipboard app from developer Tapbot. Taking the iPhone's copy and paste functionality to a whole new level, Pastebot bestows many of the attributes we've longed for in our beloved handset.

The new app, which is available now for download, was profiled this morning on 9to5mac. Checked it out myself and definitely understand why so many iPhone users are pleased with the offering.

Pastebot lets you copy anything you like to Pastebot's clipboard, including images, you simply need to employ iPhone OS
    3.0's native copy-and-paste tools in any other app, then run Pastebot to automatically tap it into that apps clipboard. Create new text clippings within the app, or import a photo from the camera or your photo library.
    Pastebot really helps the iPhone tap into an assortment of commonplace utilities that are taken for granted on most computers but sorely lagging on virtually all smartphones. As easy and efficient to use as any app of its caliber can be, Pastbot works as one might expect. After saving your designed image, text, etc. to the clipboard, you can do almost anything imaginable with it.

Once you have assets inside your clipboard you can engage in sundry editing operations, using tools like find-and-replace, crop photos, add color filters, or wrap lines in HTML tags. Organize your clippings in folders and use the built-in search to find what you need quickly.
    Similarly, if you obtain the Pastebot Sync companion app for your Mac, you can undertake all sorts of cool and highly practical actions. For example, one can easily export text or images to the iPhone via WiFi by just copying them. Conversely, you can also transfer clippings in Pastebot from your iPhone right over to your Mac.

It works, it's cool, it's of the standard you would expect from a credible developer like Tapbot, and it's long, long, long overdue.

Image via Tapbot

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

MrJayRizzie (12-16-2009)

I need this app....Where can I get it???

Not anymore!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 12-18-2009 at 01:14 PM. Reason: unwanted comment

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I think i might try this out. It sounds intriguing.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by iLaw-One View Post
    Umm... from the link provided in the article

iTunes Store

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    x2
    x3

Quote Originally Posted by sandstorm77 View Post
    x3
    Are you guys serious? Or asking for a cracked version?

I would like to be able to copy and paste text that I can not select. For instance, I can only copy text when I can edit it. I would like to be able to copy text that I can not edit.

Will this app do that?

tim

Theme Creator
    Thanks

This is hilarious. I think someone at Apple is gonna get their asses chewed for this little mistake. I just downloaded this app, and one of the example images it has stored (from the app) has ********* in it, in Cydia no less
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -hack1.jpg   -hack2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    This is hilarious. I think someone at Apple is gonna get their asses chewed for this little mistake. I just downloaded this app, and one of the example images it has stored (from the app) has ********* in it, in Cydia no less
    .. Thats because thats what you copied last. The app doesn't come with that.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I prefer Action Menu Plus (Cydia store). If I need a few image editing effects on my phone, I'll use Ps.

Action menu lets you paste your history without having to exit your current application. When you bring up the cut/copy/paste options, you get a "history" button, too. Press that, and you get a list of everything you copied, and paste whatever you want. It's really nice.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Channan For This Useful Post:

jeffro (12-16-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    LMAO! You just proclaimed yourself a pirate!
    Last edited by adp; 12-16-2009 at 10:04 AM.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Just got this and it is simply incredible. Especially for now when I am tracking some different packages with UPS. Soooo cool

17. The Following User Says Thank You to brianlg For This Useful Post:

MrJayRizzie (12-16-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Action Menu is the shizznit...

Glad this app is available.... Those using this app, can you post any pros or cons?

Trying out today.
    JayRizzie

It really helps to watch the demo video to get a full grasp of just how amazing this app is.

[ame=http://vimeo.com/8157582]Pastebot Demo on Vimeo[/ame]

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nukie For This Useful Post:

hollow0 (12-17-2009), MrJayRizzie (12-16-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not enough here to get me to leave Action Menu.

Action Menu rocks the mic!!

I suppose if you are not jailbroken or dont want to take the step up to the big leagues, this app is for you.

I guess I just don't really get this one. I can copy/paste things into Evernote too. What's the big deal?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    .. Thats because thats what you copied last. The app doesn't come with that.
    bwahahahahaha!!! that's too funny..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast