+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 64GB iPhones and 128GB iPods On the Way?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think this time if i upgrade "if", I'll probably get the 32gig and not 64 buttt... i like getting the high-end iPhones lol >.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this time if i upgrade "if", I'll probably get the 32gig and not 64 buttt... i like getting the high-end iPhones lol >.< But, like the majority have said, i would also like more ram and processing power. The 3G[S] is fast but with Apple approving data intensive apps we're gonna need all the power we can get on this device. Also, a longer life battery to withstand our abuse on it.

Thanks

I need one. I NEED ONE!!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

128GB is too much. I would used iPhone as a time machine backup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    128GB is too much. I would used iPhone as a time machine backup.
    ^ LOL I second that. Can't imagine my phone having more storage space than my 120gb mbp, of which 110gb is still free without any use of an external storage device.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

No amount will ever be "too much". I have over 4TB of music and movies I would love to have all on my iPhone
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

So .... I think I've made a good decision not to upgrade to 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matthew1111 View Post
    iPhones are now literally mini computers...with whole hard drives in their little cases!
    You have no iDea. (see that? i did the little "i" thing in iDea...nvm.) My PC's hard drive is 32.95Gb. my iPod (Touch) is 32Gb. and i have MORE storage free on my iPod than i do on my PC. It's sad, really. a 128Gb iPod will be demeaning to crappy PC's everywhere.

Thanks

Luckily I have an upgrade valid beginning in March, I'll be buying it. I'm getting a pre-paid phone strictly for the selling of my 3GS, lol, last year was a NIGHTMARE. I posted my 3G on craigslist and literally got 30 calls within an hour, I couldn't keep track of a damn thing. Never putting my cell number out on craigslist for the selling of my cell phone again.

Thanks

I am going to lol when all of you in the US sell your iPhones and then the iphone 4th gen goes to Verizon or Tmo and you are screwed.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks

64GB iphone will last me a good while =) thats alot of room for me..i still have like 13GB left on my 32GB 3GS..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy714 View Post
    I posted my 3G on craigslist and literally got 30 calls within an hour, I couldn't keep track of a damn thing. Never putting my cell number out on craigslist for the selling of my cell phone again.
    Sign up for google voice. Keep your cell phone number privately to your family and friends. That's what I do. I gave out my google voice number to my banks, insurance, credit card, or whenever I have to fill up a form which requires my number, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I am going to lol when all of you in the US sell your iPhones and then the iphone 4th gen goes to Verizon or Tmo and you are screwed.
    Ain't gonna happen, man. At least not next summer. Apple had already defended AT&T on the recent war ads against Verizon. So we can guess Verizon won't get an iPhone deal in the near future. And I don't think Apple would let iPhone stays in the same network with Droid phone.

And for T-mobile ..... it is not even in the same league with the 2 giant wireless carriers. T-Mobile can sit in the corner and watch.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    About the 8 month (past halfway) mark you start thinking about selling the 32gb phone and going down to the 2g or 3g "beater" you have $125 in until the 64 is released so you get your money back on your 32gb at the right time.
    I have some dust under my screen. Waiting til June to bring it back to Apple and have them replace it again. Then I'm going to sell it before the 4th gen iPhone is announced and use the money to buy a 4th gen 32/64GB iPhone, whichever has the most memory this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Riviera
    So .... I think I've made a good decision not to upgrade to 3GS.
    No you didn't, because you've been using a 412MHz processor with around 40MB of available memory for 1/2 a year, and have to wait another 1/2 year for something better. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518
    Even if that happened, it would still come to AT&T as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    64GB iphone will last me a good while =) thats alot of room for me..i still have like 13GB left on my 32GB 3GS..
    Lucky. My 32GB 3GS is maxed out. I actually just synced my phone today and iTunes took all my photos off because there wasn't enough room.
    Last edited by Channan; 12-16-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Agree with the idea of more processing power...
    but more space is still a plus!
    I've got 18.9GB left out of 29.3 GB and I've
    only had my 3GS since March 2009.

Thanks

I don't see why anyone would need more than 640Kb of memory and twin 5 1/4" floppys.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Screw floppy's, I just heard of these things called zip drives. Can hold like a couple mb I heard. Hopefully DOS will support it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

4/8GB iPhone, 8/16GB 3G, 16/32GB 3GS.

Seriously if you didn't see it coming you are stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Whats is so hard about not making the iphone a little thicker?
    I'm pretty sure it's more about price/profit than the thickness of the device. Sure apple could make a 1TB iPhone but it would cost too much lol. Memory prices are always going down so that's why you need good timing to maximize profits. I remember paying almost 100 bucks for a 512mb memory stick a few years ago wow lol.

And I for one does not want a brick in my pocket. The iPhone size is perfect imo. Wouldn't even mind if it was thinner.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 12-16-2009 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Thanks

[QUOTE=Riviera;5061944]Sign up for google voice. Keep your cell phone number privately to your family and friends. That's what I do. I gave out my google voice number to my banks, insurance, credit card, or whenever I have to fill up a form which requires my number, etc.

Just searched it and it says that it's 'coming soon' and at the moment it's invite only. How does it work exactly?

Thanks

Just searched it and it says that it's 'coming soon' and at the moment it's invite only. How does it work exactly?
    Do a quick forum search on Google Voice and you will see how it works

Thanks

Go here: https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/

Make sure you put your gmail account. I read somewhere that google would not invite any other email account. I might be mistaken, though. Anyways, if you don't have gmail, then create one. Wait for a few days and see the invite in your gmail. Some got lucky to receive the invite within few hours.

What you can do with your Google voice account: Features - Google Voice Help