Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.1.3 and 4.0 Spotted in the Wild?

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3.1.3 and 4.0 Spotted in the Wild?

Boy Genius Report, the website of the popular Engadget blogger, posted an excerpt from their server visitor log that showed browsers claiming to be using the "iPhone OS 4_0" and "iPhone OS 3_1_3" operating systems accessing the site. Observers have seized on this as evidence that a new OS revisions are being tested on the Internet, though the log entries are not in themselves proof that these systems exist.

Just a few weeks ago, an iPhone carrying the hardware designation "3,1" was spotted by Pandav, the developers of iBart, on the San Francisco Bay Area's rapid transit system. The combination on new hardware codes and software user agents has encouraged the spread of talk about new releases. However, there are browser add-ons that enable a user to just type in any information at all into the "user agent" field that is being reported by the browser. The MacRumors site notes that they've seen log entries like those reported by BGR that seem to be fake:
    In this case, we also found similar user agent strings in our logs, though they were not originating out of an Apple IP address, but instead out of somewhere in Florida. Little else can be said about the finding.
    Of course, this hasn't stifled speculation as to the possible features that will come with the upgrade, including such things as Bluetooth file transfer support and the addition of turn-by-turn voice guidance to Maps, which is currently only available on the Droid.

image via Boy Genius Report

if the iphone 4g is coming out this summer, this is quite possibly true. i will like the bluetooth file transfer support as ibluetooth seems to be broken now.
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    if the iphone 4g is coming out this summer, this is quite possibly true. i will like the bluetooth file transfer support as ibluetooth seems to be broken now.
    there's a new version that's the fix for that!

Thanks

sweet can't wait to see what comes out of this
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xxfr0stbytexx For This Useful Post:

mosesh (12-16-2009)

It's super easy to fake your User Agent. Takes about 5 seconds to change it to anything you want in Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    if the iphone 4g is coming out this summer...
    Do we even have to say "if" anymore?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n00neimp0rtant For This Useful Post:

daxter146 (12-15-2009), staterunner180 (12-14-2009), whereswaldo (12-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i cant wait for the 4g.. i hope tmobile starts supporting 4g lol

i love rumours...

^ t-mobile apparently supports the iPhone in the US

Does anyone think that apple will put out a firmware that is not going to be able to be jailbroken? Or is Apple just coming up with more clever ways to hide their exploits because secretly they are supporting the jailbroken community.

There will always be a way. I don't think there is anything out there today that absolutly can't be hacked. It just may take them longer lol

Quote Originally Posted by GhStRdR2k View Post
    Does anyone think that apple will put out a firmware that is not going to be able to be jailbroken? Or is Apple just coming up with more clever ways to hide their exploits because secretly they are supporting the jailbroken community.
    There will always be a work around, always....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    Do we even have to say "if" anymore?
    Well there'll definitely be a new iPhone in the summer, if not sooner, the only thing thats "if" is the name. iPhone 3.1 or 4G....?

Thanks

DAMN. I just upgraded my iPhone this summer.

Bring it on Apple...we're waiting to see how long it'll take to JB the 4G!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunnering View Post
    there's a new version that's the fix for that!
    There's a fix for what now? Please elaborate.

Well didn't we see 2.1 stuff popping up around that area of Cali approximately this time last year?

Someone post the link to that article!

Apple just coming up with more clever ways to hide their exploits because secretly they are supporting the jailbroken community.
    so true, since their Dev Team could make such awesome iPhone OS (which beats most of the mobile OS out there) and MAC OS X. they could easily get a team just to hide/fix exploits every month and release updates for that.

Apple didn't do that therefore, they are support "jailbreak"

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

apple should just give up trying to make their FWs unjailbreakable...
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

If apple not supporting jailbroken, how they can sell iphone millions and millions?........

Thanks

always good news to hear some rumors. i love this stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast