+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Fanbois Called Delusional

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone Fanbois Called Delusional

In a report that is raising eyebrows and some laughs throughout the iPhone user community, a marketing firm in Denmark announced that dedicated fans of Apple's smartphones are suffering from a delusional syndrome akin to that experienced by kidnap victims.

Analyst firm Strand Consult released a report called “How will psychologists describe the iPhone syndrome in the future?” in which they compare the often-defensive attitude shown by iPhone owners to ”Stockholm Syndrome.” Stockholm Syndrome is described as a psychological response, in which hostages develop sympathy and loyalty towards their captors.

The reports explains that iPhone fans spend lots of their energy “defending the product despite the shortcomings and limitations of both past and present versions of the iPhone.”

Apple has launched a beautiful phone with a fantastic user interface that has had a number of technological shortcomings that many iPhone users have accepted and defended, despite those shortcomings resulting in limitations in iPhone users’ daily lives.

When we examine the iPhone users’ arguments defending the iPhone, it reminds us of the famous Stockholm Syndrome – a term that was invented by psychologists after a hostage drama in Stockholm. Here hostages reacted to the psychological pressure they were experiencing, by defending the people that had held them hostage for 6 days.
    The report lists the shortcomings of the iPhone - such as the inability to change the battery, or the lack of multitasking - and what they consider to be standard fanboi responses, such as "How many customers run around with spare batteries? None or very few."

Strand also publishes a free report entitled " The Moment of Truth, a portrait of the iPhone" that claims that "many of the conclusions that the media have published about the significance of the iPhone for mobile operators are not documented in the operators’ - or other key market players - financial statements" and that positive media reports about the iPhone correlate with how close a relationship the media outlet has to Apple.

Thanks

Hiii...

Thanks

lmao

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds about right. Why is the "O RLY" picture up there?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blowfish64 For This Useful Post:

ifonemaniac (12-13-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I wouldn't say they are delusional really, just grossly biased to the point of ridiculousness. They just defended the indefensible when it came to basic features. To this day I sincerely wish they had a removable battery. I use my phone enough during the day having a second battery would be awesome. When I had a BlackJack I carried my spare battery everywhere I went, it was in my truck, but I always had it close by. Plus it's not like the iPhones battery life hasn't been an issue that's not been complained about at length. I deal with poor battery life every day, by the time I get off work I'm usually at 30% or less on battery and I don't want to deal with having to wait for it to charge to take it with me. Yes I could get a car charger but that's not the point, a quick swap and I'd be back in business. That way I can charge one while using the other, precisely what alot of people did with removable MacBook batteries.

Another gripe I have is with bluetooth. Why am I not able to send info to another phone that isn't an iPhone or iPod Touch? Why must the bluetooth on this phone be so crippled? Two years for A2DP? I tried to send a picture to an older gentleman that's a coworker and was extremely embarrassed that his $50 phone could do it flawlessly yet my full price $553 iPhone 3GS couldn't. Why can a 50 dollar phone do basics that a 553 dollar phone can't? That to me is inexcusable. It's not hard to implement but Apple has the ethos that they know what's better for the customer than the customer does. For even the subsidized price this should be included, it doesn't cost anything since it's an industry standard worldwide.

All that said, the iPhone is by far the best software/hardware integrated phone I've ever had the pleasure to use. I'm constantly under withering fire about AT&T though! That's not the phones fault though.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KartRacer For This Useful Post:

Kiserai (12-14-2009), Rota (12-13-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I'd always wanted to compare the loyalty to Stockholm Syndrome, but I felt it was a stretch. I guess it's not so much after all!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    man thats how I always felt about apple fansboys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default hahaha people need to get a life!
    I will admit the iPhone has its shortcomings to say the least but for people to keep ******** about the same stuff over and over is what is getting ridiculous. If you don't like how your phone works out of the box then jailbreak it and customize it to how you want. If you don't want to jailbreak it then you should of read the reviews on a non-modded iPhone before you jumped into such an expensive phone. Boo hoo Apple restricts my freedom on my phone. Seriously sell your iPhone and get a Droid if you want and then you will really be sad you left your phone for that piece of crap.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not one phone is perfect but the iPhone is what I like the best. And I am willing to accept its few shortcomings(which I dont really care) for its amazing features. Can't change batteries lol k. Multitasking, well there's always jailbreaking so I don't care as long as I can do it.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to M4tt Dam0n For This Useful Post:

sk8ertim (12-13-2009)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    I will admit the iPhone has its shortcomings to say the least but for people to keep ******** about the same stuff over and over is what is getting ridiculous. If you don't like how your phone works out of the box then jailbreak it and customize it to how you want. If you don't want to jailbreak it then you should of read the reviews on a non-modded iPhone before you jumped into such an expensive phone. Boo hoo Apple restricts my freedom on my phone. Seriously sell your iPhone and get a Droid if you want and then you will really be sad you left your phone for that piece of crap.

i dunno man I have both the droid and the 3gs, the droid is very sexy. I just hate the lack of good apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    This guy just proved the point of this whole article. Typical Fanboy!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Go Gators For This Useful Post:

wiltok (12-13-2009)

Thanks

there definately are apple and mac fanboys. but whats worse being a fanboy on a iphone websight or coming to a iphone websight only to flame those who use iphones.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the authors are more biased than those who defend the iPhone. Obviously those that had bought the phone bought it for a reason. Why wouldn't we defend it? The lack of multitasking is partially incorrect because it can do that but only with default applications. I've really never had a reason to remove my battery so oh well.

Comparing those that defend a phone they like because they bought it to a kidnapping situation seems like a hater's article to me. And of course we're labeled as the "fanboi" another bandwagon statement to make themselves feel outstanding.

Who really cares what phone you have? As long as you're happy with it then that's all that matters. Whether it be a google phone, blackberry, nokia, or apple..why do you care?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blowfish64 View Post
    Sounds about right. Why is the "O RLY" picture up there?
    they're showing their own personal bias

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Kartracer. Battery replacement and better battery life are a must. Bluetooth A2DP absolutely. AND let's not forget the crappy service through ATT...

Thanks

Yep the iPhone is crap and what I have to do just to make it work like I want is also crap.... Will i get the 4g....HELL YEAH

Thanks

I could care less about the physical keyboard or removable battery but would love working bluetooth. I'm suprised there hasnt been one done on cydia actually.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Um, pretty sure that guy didnt defend Apple or the iPhone in any way. He actually told people to go buy a droid....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

Default What ever dude, get a droid then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Fanboy, what ever, some of us don't use what some people are complain about. Even those individuals that do complain don't even use the feature they are crying about probably no more than 3 times. And the few features that are missing are not even that important.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I don't know what this fool is talking about, my phone is perfect.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

25. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

MnVikingsFan26 (12-13-2009)