+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Fanbois Called Delusional

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This reminds me of the idiot who said that A2DP wasn't in the iPhone and iPhone 3G because it wasn't "good enough for Steve Jobs." I wonder how he explained
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This reminds me of the idiot who said that A2DP wasn't in the iPhone and iPhone 3G because it wasn't "good enough for Steve Jobs." I wonder how he explained it being half-assed added with iPhone OS3.0, complete with WiFi streaming incompatibility, higher latency than a universal A2DP adapter and LESS AVRCP controls than an Apple dock A2DP adapter (Play/Pause only).

Oh, and now I see people complaining about the WiFi issue (can't stream WiFi content and A2DP Bluetooth audio at the same time) saying that "older" A2DP headsets don't work right with the iPhone 3G... as if to say that they are the problem and not the iPhone 3G! Show me a single BT2.0 A2DP headset that works flawlessly with the iPhone 3G while streaming YouTube or Pandora Radio over WiFi. The signal will drop to near zero and the audio will soon skip intolerably and the video will fail to finish loading. Even trying to let a video buffer completely first doesn't work because the f---ed up YouTube app starts buffering it again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you dont like the phone dont buy one. There isn't that simple. No one is putting a gun to anyones head and making you use one. I hear more often people randomly telling me that iphones are crap, more than people walking up to me and telling me I should buy one. That before they know I have one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I think the authors are more biased than those who defend the iPhone. Obviously those that had bought the phone bought it for a reason. Why wouldn't we defend it? The lack of multitasking is partially incorrect because it can do that but only with default applications. I've really never had a reason to remove my battery so oh well.

Comparing those that defend a phone they like because they bought it to a kidnapping situation seems like a hater's article to me. And of course we're labeled as the "fanboi" another bandwagon statement to make themselves feel outstanding.

Who really cares what phone you have? As long as you're happy with it then that's all that matters. Whether it be a google phone, blackberry, nokia, or apple..why do you care?

It's not just about the phone...It's about the people using the phones and how they defend something they know has flaws because of how much attention its been getting from everyone and how much of a big deal the media has made it become. It's like a girl with an abusive boyfriend who keeps defending him no matter what. It's not about the boyfriend. its the girl who's got issues and who everyone is focusing on.

Like Ferrari is not the best exotic sports car but many will still say its the greatest because they grew up with that in their head...I still love Ferraris even tho there's better cars .
    Last edited by snap1500; 12-14-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    I think the authors are more biased than those who defend the iPhone. Obviously those that had bought the phone bought it for a reason. Why wouldn't we defend it? The lack of multitasking is partially incorrect because it can do that but only with default applications. I've really never had a reason to remove my battery so oh well.

Comparing those that defend a phone they like because they bought it to a kidnapping situation seems like a hater's article to me. And of course we're labeled as the "fanboi" another bandwagon statement to make themselves feel outstanding.
    Two things to say here...

Having the ability to multitask while being restricted from doing it is not the same as actually multitasking. Does it really matter what the phone CAN do if we are not allowed to do it. Yes we have jailbreaking and the like, but comparing a product that out of the box does what you want to a product that technically speaking needs its warranty voided to do those same things is a bit of an unfair comparison. There are some people who DON'T want to modify a product when an unmodified product will get them what they want.

I am also not sure you or others are aware of what exactly this comparison with kidnapping victims is. It is psychological phenomenon that kidnap victims go through when they have been with the kidnapper for long periods of times (weeks, months, years even). Basically they become so dependent on kidnapper that anything "bad" the kidnapper may have done is not seen as such. The kidnapper becomes the provider and is defended by the kidnapped. I don't see this so much as a haters comparison as the fact that they are trying to explain psychologically how/why people respond to the iphone the way they do.

The argument others have made that we buy a product and then defend it is also a little ridiculous to me. If I buy something and certain parts of it are lackluster, or something better comes out in the mean time, why would I waste my time trying to convince myself and others that MY product is better than the others and does all that I want it to do when it clearly doesn't? I suppose this can psychologically be explained as well as some sort of feeling of inadequacy.

When it comes down to it, really the only things people can complain about with the iPhone ITSELF at this point is lack of removable battery as well as true multitasking. Let's face it though, we got some of the other basic things that we wanted (ie MMS) and I bet the average user could give less of a crap.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I think the relevant part is

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    or something better comes out in the mean time,
    When it does I'll change but no sign of anything better yet.

The hardware is great - a large screen and no buttons is what I want (OK one button).

The iPhone does have faults, but for me they are minor. In so many other ways it is just so much better than the competition.

Yes, the iPhone could be improved but there is nothing else that comes close to tempting me away.

Maybe that makes me a fanboi - at least until something better comes along
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    ...trying to explain psychologically how/why people respond to the iphone the way they do.
    C'mon how can you fall for this idiocy. They're TRYING to market a product (they're a consulting firm) by generating negative feedback about the iPhone not trying to explain psychology. I'd be willing to bet that the extent of the author's knowledge of the Stockholm Syndrome comes from wikipedia.

Hmm... threat of violent harm and loss of freedom versus... lack of cell phone features... yea, great analogy. Up there with spousal abuse.

Numbnuts...

PS Why shouldn't the ability to multitask be included as a feature just because you need to install software to do it? Of course it should. You also may need to power-on the device to make phone calls, you know...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

How else does one explain spending $600+ for a new cell phone every year with no faith!

I guess some just have to drink the whole pitcher of "Koolaide"..... I think I'm ready to change flavors.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default What's more strange?
    Are the people who are anti-Mac no matter what Apple comes out with. At least pro-Mac people are happy with their products. I simply love people who defend crappy products (I'm looking at you "Droid") simply because they DON'T have the Apple logo on the back.

Thanks

Please don't accuse me of being pro-Mac! When it comes to computers it's Windows all the way
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I think the relevant part is

When it does I'll change but no sign of anything better yet.

The hardware is great - a large screen and no buttons is what I want (OK one button).

The iPhone does have faults, but for me they are minor. In so many other ways it is just so much better than the competition.

Yes, the iPhone could be improved but there is nothing else that comes close to tempting me away.

Maybe that makes me a fanboi - at least until something better comes along

This is indeed an interesting point. How will someone define better when they are used to a specific User Interface....it boils down whether your iphone was your first smartphone purchase or not. I have had a blackberry, Htc, iphone, palm pre (till the guy wanted it back). The user interface on the iphone is seriously simple to use straightforward and such, but so are the others if you are not coming to them from the iphone. The Price point is irrelevant now as the iphone actually is cheaper than some of the newer smart phones on the market (with contracts). User interface is personal and you can't argue anything besides what you feel is required, so point is moot. That being said I have seen, and again this is my personal experience, far more 'serious' business people and professionals using something other than the iphone. Blackberrys i think still out number iphones in the Corporate structure. I have yet to see an executive with a "buff" themed phone. The stuff that happens on this board is not what most people are going to do to there phone. Most don't even think about customization beyond idiotic ringtones. People want it to be useable for them out of the box. When someone pays 400 plus on anyphone, regardless of what brand it is...they make an effort to learn how to use it. That being said flooding the market with advertising (to which apple are masters) is a proven technique, so of curse everyone wants an iphone. Each however has to look at their own situation and pick, people who are on there phone constantly (again, executives on the move etc..) have need of a longer battery life, which i think is the reason the iphone is seen in this marketplace. Powerful does not always = better in the marketplace. Yes there are more powerful "mp3" players than ipod, yes there are more powerful/feature ridden smart phones, but apple has being selling the user experience, it is what people are use to. It has now become the standard by which every "other" is judged. Regardless of features etc, first thing is the user experience....and really honestly...how many people give a fair shot to other user interfaces?

After all the droid app store is a few years behind apples....i may be wrong here....but i don't think so.

Buy what you wish, but remember to always be self-critical as well....it makes you less annoying to those who have and are self-critical by default.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123