Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Fanbois Called Delusional

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    I will admit the iPhone has its shortcomings to say the least but for people to keep ******** about the same stuff over and over is what is getting ridiculous. If you don't like how your phone works out of the box then jailbreak it and customize it to how you want. If you don't want to jailbreak it then you should of read the reviews on a non-modded iPhone before you jumped into such an expensive phone. Boo hoo Apple restricts my freedom on my phone. Seriously sell your iPhone and get a Droid if you want and then you will really be sad you left your phone for that piece of crap.
    I think most of the complaints are everyday uses that it needs to improve upon. Battery life can't be improved by jailbreaking, and Apple has boasted about how good it is and it's nowhere near close to what they say. I get great battery life when it's locked in my pocket and I'm in an area that has good signal. When I actually use it to listen to music or surf the web (and doing that at the same time) it drains extremely fast. I don't have the luxury of plugging it in at work because I don't work in an office setting.

Bluetooth A2DP was a huge gripe for two years and it took them that long to implement a feature that other crappy phones could do years ago. That's inexcusable, and Apple ignored it until the complaints came to a fever pitch and they got dinged by reviewers for it. Still to this day the iPhone has a very dumbed down bluetooth capability. I can't understand why anyone would do this, it costs them no money to stick the profiles in their OS. So what's the deal?

I agree you should do your research before buying anything to make sure it fits your needs, but after a few years of ignoring user requests about updating to features that are very old and widespread gets old. I didn't know the iPhone had such crippled bluetooth until I actually tried it and found out it does streaming audio and handsfree. That's it. Jailbreak additions don't work. So why can't Apple include this, or MMS on the 2g iPhone? That's a huge slap in the face to the 2g crowd. It's doable but Apple would rather you spend more money on things that should 'just work'.

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Um, pretty sure that guy didnt defend Apple or the iPhone in any way. He actually told people to go buy a droid....
    Actually in a way he did. His username is 'addictedto3gs'. Is that not the epitome of a fanboy? Basically he said if you don't like it go buy 'a droid' and then called it a piece of crap. They promised better battery life and haven't delivered. They have crippled bluetooth, which is a mainstream feature by the way. Quite a few things that were pointed out to be laughably missing from the first iPhone got the defenders almost foaming at the mouth to defend Apple. Still no flash, complaints only got us video when the 2g iPhone was capable of it and they completely skipped it on the 3g. Just about everything that's been a huge complaint from everyone has gotten fixed or at least improved. Not complaining about features that are missing or broken is just plain stupid and so is anyone that says you shouldn't. With that attitude there would be no innovation because you'd buy whatever companies decided you needed and gave you nothing more. That's why his response was a typical fanboy response. Like what Apple gives you or go elsewhere. None of the things mentioned can be fixed permanently by jailbreaking, it's up to Apple to give the customers what they want.

It's actually kind of sad to see people so fervently defend a company and it's CEO that doesn't care one single bit about the average user of their products. There are a few other gripes, but like he said they can be solved by jailbreak sometimes. I just want a better battery and bluetooth that has an actual use. That so hard to do? Not like Apple isn't raking in billions in profit these days.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 12-13-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have never had an issue with any iPhone I have ever owned. Now that being said, I make a living off of people breaking their iPhones or them failing on their own out of warranty. So, Whatever you're doing Apple, keep it up!
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Hmmm i realy don't know what is wrong with iPhone :-)
    My 3G is quite OK .. and i am satisfied with it ... I am aware of tons of crap i must doo to JBreak and unlock it because here in Bosnia we do not have AT&T ( 10x God 4 that hehe ) but after i done all that my phone is way in front of everything on the market right now !

I have 11 springboard screen 6 by 5 full of icons ( approx 240 aplications including Cydia stuff ) and i removed tons of apple launch daemons from startup sequence ... my battery life is OK if u consider my little child play 3D games ( gameloft ) for about 1 hours @ day ... it can stand up to 3.5 days of normal usage and 8 days if i use only weather app and few phonecalls.

BTW my screen brightnes is on 20% PUSH are OFF and EDGE and GPRS OFF most of the day ( i stay away of 3G because it drains battery like hell and is stupid to use when i have WiFi ).

Bluetooth are working, multitasking too ... MMS i use every few hours ... soo what is wrong with you ppl ... take your time RTFM ... read stuff on web customize your phone ... use other ppl knowledge ( especialy good application like SBSettings, LazyPanda, Cydia repos, Kirikae, 3G unrestrictor, Backgrounder etc etc ) it will make your day !!!

Chiers _DM_

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

iphone syndrome ? really ?! LMAO these people have too much time on their hands

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    This guy just proved the point of this whole article. Typical Fanboy!

Because he likes his iPhone he is a Fanboy? Try coming up with something better than that typical bandwagon statement.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple are liars, when the first iPhone came out they said it's FIVE years ahead of any phone so I don't see why it can't officially do MMS or Video or even have ALL general Bluetooth capabilities, I'd really like them to answer that question, I still can't go to a different phone after using the iPhone, the HTC HD2 however I can

I am an Apple fanboy ever since this year due to my first Mac, my MBP which I love and a 3GS and various iPods which will be soon hitting eBay!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know that I'd compare the iPhone fanboys to people suffering from Stockholm Syndrome, but some of their defenses can be pretty damn funny. I remember before Apple added MMS people on this site defending the lack of MMS by saying that MMS was an outdated technology that was on its way out, and as soon as Apple added it everyone was in love with MMS again.

Just one example.

Now don't get me wrong I loved my 3g, I love my 3gs even more, and I look forward to Apple adding more features down the line, but loving something without being able to see its faults begins to border on obsession.

Thanks

This is BS

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

I've met more people than not who have an iPhone and really only use it calling. I've met more people than not who have an iPhone and love it, but they really can't tell me why. I've known more people than not that want an iPhone, but can't afford it. And there are days that I'm on my iPhone more than my computer.

This is a paradigm shift for everyone who grew up in the '50s and '60s when the **** Tracy wrist phones and Star Trek Tricorders were fantasy. I really don't think Jobs knew what was coming, either. It appears to have overwhelmed everyone and new lessons are being learned.

What's funny is that this is just a slow news day bs post and it has had some of the longest, most heated comments I have come across on here before lol
    I'm really excited for what the new iPhone is going to feature with all the recent competition from the htc phones and of course the droid. I hope apple doesn't let us down, apple fan ppl deserve the best of the best. Remember, the first step is to admit you are a fan boy... And it's ok to be one
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...wtf fanbois?

Fanbois...haha wtf?
    Last edited by matthew1111; 12-13-2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    This guy just proved the point of this whole article. Typical Fanboy!
    Try again! Your comment is considered invalid!

This is not like I give a ****! I wouldn't care if it doesn't have a removable battery or other features. Yeah, the iPhone has some cons. But, is this going to change iPhone users with this report? If you want a battery-changeable iPhone, go to Europe then (if there is one). Until then, stop complaining and just wait.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

you got me.....im sick
    killall Terminal[]

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

Finally, there's proof that I'm crazy.
    #eli7e revived me

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weazle23 View Post
    I could care less about the physical keyboard or removable battery but would love working bluetooth. I'm suprised there hasnt been one done on cydia actually.
    +1 and there was a project in Cydia for bluetooth but it hasn't advanced yet :/

Thanks

the only other thing i would like is to be able to delete pics not in your camera roll and songs without having to sync to your computer.

The iPhone has it's faults and if a replaceable battery and BT are important to you then don't buy one.
    There is no such thing as a 'perfect' phone but, for me, the iPhone is pretty close.
    When something better comes along I will have no hesitation in jumping ship but I have a feeling thet the next phone I get will be the next iPhone...
    Help! I've been kidnapped and am suffering from Stockholm syndrome!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Fanboy !??? hmmm I dont know am I one of them , 17" MBP , new MB , waiting for the 24" Mac , iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS .
    Whats wrong with those guys ?? talking about the buletooth ? one thing I know why there is no BT with iPhone coz all about iTune is the copyright , if iphone can sending file like other phone there will be big lost on iTune , Apple is just protecting there own product whats wrong with it ?? if Apple cant make any money , dont think the 4th iPhone will be as good as now .

I read feedback before I buy iPhone and is what i want and I can live w/o the BT issue , and the iPhone still is the sexiest Phone out there .

Oh !! S*** !!I've been kidnapped and am suffering from Stockholm syndrome! .... lmao!!!
    Apple a Day , PC away

Thanks

and if im not mistaken they did atleast make the battery where it doesnt have to be soldered anymore.

I would say it's in reverse, the only people that don't care for the iphone are apple-haters or those that cannot adjust to a virtual keyboard. It's the number 1 selling phone on the planet, so it's a stupid argument to say that people are delusional. Sure it has shortcomings, every phone does, but the overall experience is unlike other phones, and that's what sells.
    Really?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast