+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Look Unveiled For App Store Pages

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This weekend, Apple is introducing a new look and design to their App Store individual app pages. Closely mirroring the iTunes 9 design, the new look adds greater visual consistency
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default New Look Unveiled For App Store Pages

This weekend, Apple is introducing a new look and design to their App Store individual app pages. Closely mirroring the iTunes 9 design, the new look adds greater visual consistency to the overall iTunes/app store user experience. But the motivation for the revision is believed to be the growing number of developers displeased with the previous look of the store's individual app pages.

According to coverage from MacRumors:

The changes will be of primary interest to App Store developers who rely on the App Store pages to drive sales.
    The most obvious changes rolled out include larger, more visually striking application icons. A variety of screenshots portraying apps are also now available within a scrollable window. Additionally, a shortened description of the app now appears in the first two lines by default. Further helping promote developers and their work, other apps they've released are similarly listed automatically, much the same way "other books by this author" is listed on Amazon.

In general, there seems to be a bigger focus on the icon/screenshots on first glance of the page. The changes seem to be propagating to the App Store tonight so not all pages have been affected.
    As the passage above notes, the full breadth of the store will soon be covered by the new look. And, in the design, it's clear that Apple is aiming for a less text-heavy construct and, instead, will now rely upon a more image-oriented appearance that, put simply, makes individual app pages look a lot "prettier."

Adding to the pervasive theory that 2010 will be a year largely dedicated to developers from Apple's perspective, the people in Cupertino are obviously striving to improve and repair relationships with many frustrated developers. Realizing that the app store is only good as its offerings, Apple will likely continue working to improve both the App Store approval process as well as the marketing efforts afforded by individual app pages in the store.

Image via MacRumors

Thanks

itunes to me needs update..i dont really like the look of it..and the white background is fugly hurts me eyes 0_o
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I checked that out yesterday. Has a nice look to it.

As far as the color of iTunes, the white background color doesn't bother me but maybe an update that will allow you to change the color of it? If that happened i would choose a black background color with green text color ^^

reminds me of WinMx!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Cydia store is better!! It lets you use PayPal!! LOL

iTunes definitely needs a facelift. If you are changing, youre standing still.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ROFLwaffle's Avatar
    Thanks

Doodle Jump is the best app ever!

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Huh thats nice...iTunes needs to be taight a lesson by Rock!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Thanks

i sent in that tip with the exact same pic!
    come on

anyway the new look is much better

Thanks

im an update fanboi
    killall Terminal[]