+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Gorillacam Tripod Application Picture Perfect for iPhone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Gorillacam Tripod Application Picture Perfect for iPhone

Although our built-in iPhone cameras have enabled millions of us to capture the priceless - or pointless - moments that would have otherwise passed un-preserved, among the most frustrating aspects of our beloved iPhone camera is its inability to match the functionalities of a traditional point and shoot camera.

Until now, for example, taking a group photo or family portrait on the iPhone was nearly impossible without someone removing themselves from the frame in order to activate the iPhone's camera. But thanks to Joby's new "Gorillacam," the iPhone can now function more like a real camera than we've previously been accustomed to.

Once your iPhone is steadied and secured (preferably on an actual tripod), the new application enables a host of exciting features that, while common to the attributes of most flash photography equipment, are refreshing when found on the iPhone.

According to an introduction to Gorillacam from Wired's Gadget Lab:

The functions are skewed towards tripod-mounted pictures, of course, and you get such smart additions as a bubble level at the top of the screen, grid lines, a press-anywhere shutter release and auto-save to let you keep shooting instead of waiting for a save between snaps.
    Best of all, you can set a self-timer for the iPhone's camera to ensure everyone gets in the picture. A "burst-mode" of three shots is also possible, as well as a cool time-lapse function that, needless to say, shoots pictures at intervals that can be customized anywhere between one second and two minutes.

The Gorillacam application - which is free - will likely help raise the profile of Joby's already popular line of iPhone/iPod hardware including, naturally, their own tripod dubbed Gorillamobile.

The iPhone presents a unique opportunity for accessory makers. Never before has a tripod maker, for example, been able to actually reach inside a camera and tweak its software. But thatís exactly what Joby has done with Gorillacam, an iPhone app which lets you get the most out of not just Jobyís iPhone tripod but any tripod on which the phone may happen to be perched.
    Image via UberGizmo

iPhone? More like MyPhone reaves205's Avatar
    Thanks

I opened my computer at 6:53 this morning and then opened ModMyi and clicked on the article Gorillacam. I then got an alert from NORTON that it just BLOCKED a virus called Hacktool.PassReminder.
    This was the first thing I looked at this morning so I'm sure it came from the article. I got the alert when I clicked on "more" at the bottom of the front page article.
    Thought you should know......

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    I opened my computer at 6:53 this morning and then opened ModMyi and clicked on the article Gorillacam. I then got an alert from NORTON that it just BLOCKED a virus called Hacktool.PassReminder.
    This was the first thing I looked at this morning so I'm sure it came from the article. I got the alert when I clicked on "more" at the bottom of the front page article.
    Norton sucks.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reaves205 View Post
    Yeah i had a warning of some kind of script. Sophos alerted me of that. My corp IT department will prob be contacting me soon lol. Good thing i'm also IT.

But yeah there's something in this page...

adp
    Thanks

Yes, I agree. My computer detected a virus. This page is trying to run a Java script from ************ - I first clicked run and immediately my AV detected a virus, which it could not delete. I had to manually go to the Temp folder and remove it. But it keeps asking me to run the script. There's something wrong with this page.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Green Apple
    Thanks
    there's something wrong here. my mac just warned me about a script

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah its asking me to allow something java to run.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Yeah i had a warning of some kind of script. Sophos alerted me of that. My corp IT department will prob be contacting me soon lol. Good thing i'm also IT.

But yeah there's something in this page...
    i'm also IT and we also run sophos... who ever runs this site needs to clean this ***** up!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought it was just me! I have the same script popup.

Nice phone holder btw.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I got it on my Mac the second I clicked on this acticle.

Last edited by luvmytj; 12-11-2009 at 02:46 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

This guys is trouble. I see he has been banned from a few forums for similar tactics. Try a search on his name... [ame]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=djoscard&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/ame]

Also, see these... Hack Forums - Profile of djoscard
    and
    " When you're opening djoscard profile or djoscard posts u are attacked by pop-ups"
    http://forum.mmosite.com/topics/54/2...2/11031,1.html

this looks like the same guy judging by other trails he left on the web - http://www.youtube.com/user/djoscardd
    Last edited by luvmytj; 12-11-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Thanks

intego software is sweet. thought yall should know
    killall Terminal[]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did someone pull an RFI attack on the site? lol. If so, tighten up your site guys. No offense, cause I do love the site

Yeah, read up and his SN is in a lot of hacking forums. Check for any new files... could have been RFI or LFI attack... Make sure no shells got put on. :P Good luck.
    Last edited by thecritter; 12-12-2009 at 02:28 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh my...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...