Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProSwitcher : A Free and OpenSource Multitasking App for the iPhone

Default ProSwitcher : A Free and OpenSource Multitasking App for the iPhone

Say What? A Free and OpenSource Multitasking App? What about multifl0w you say? Hope you didn't think that was going to be the last multitasking app to come to the iPhone. A few days ago we got wind of some screenshots and information for the new app.

chpwn & Ryan Petrich, developer of OverBoard, has announced ProSwitcher, another Palm Web OS inspired utility to navigate through the applications running in the background on your iPhone, much like MultiFl0w does, only much easier, faster and more intuitive. And to top it all off, it's FREE and OpenSource! The app is also being developed with the help of . The project actually started out as PreSwitcher, but the chpwn thought the name may cause some trouble, so now we have ProSwitcher.

The app will use a library called libactivator and allow you to select from a number of gestures such as flick to close, swipe to scroll, tap to open. The app is said to use very little memory and only runs what is needed.

No word on official release, probably a few weeks, but you can easily find the beta or visit Ryan's hub here: rpetrich's Profile - GitHub. And obviously you will need a Jailbroken iPhone.

Thanks to ltjbigshot & n00neimp0rtant for the tips!

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-11-2009 at 07:13 PM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

apoc (12-11-2009), bigarte (12-13-2009), Channan (12-11-2009), Forgoten Dynasty (12-11-2009), iliveforbball (12-16-2009), Melech518 (12-28-2009), oo3 (12-25-2009), s0uthp013 (05-03-2010), smokyjro (12-12-2009), tattoojack (12-17-2009), tma (12-10-2009), Zaurik (12-20-2009)

looks awesome! will it get approved?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to warfa For This Useful Post:

amaanp (12-11-2009)

Have been hearing about this a lot lately, but didn't know it'd be free! Can't wait!

is this a fail for the 3G/2G?

tried multiflow but it seemed to be lacking something. petrich allways comes out with quality apps, so pro switcher sure is to be highy improved on this type of multitasking technology
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

@jrl it's for every device...
    Can't wait forthis been hearing about it for a while can't wait to actually get it!

Thanks

this app looks great. can't wait till it comes out

wow.. this would come in handy big time!
    Hope it doesnt lag performance

It's gonna be sick. Multifl0w has a lot of memory leak issues... This app should far exceed multifl0w. He has the source code on his site, so if you really wanna play around with it now you can compile it. Or I'm sure there's an already compiled version around somewhere. :P But I'd recommend just waiting until the official release..
    and @warfa
    "looks awesome! will it get approved?"

What do you mean? Do you mean will it get approved by Apple? lol. Because it's going to be a cydia release, not appstore.

This looks epic!

Too heavy for the 3G? It uses a very very low amount of RAM/CPU. Explain? lol. Multifl0w has the memory leak issues and IT wasn't even THAT bad. This is gonna be mucho better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. S0DAPoP View Post
    Naaa, think i'll stay away from this. It's to heavy for the 3g. I would love to here how it works for you guys though.
    err...dec2009 1 post

whos upset? mult****w
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks, guys! I hope everyone's as excited about this as I am, especially with my new 3G S that came in the mail! (but it's at home and I'm at college so it will be a bit =[ )

Quote Originally Posted by n00neimp0rtant View Post
    thanks, guys! I hope everyone's as excited about this as i am, especially with my new 3g s that came in the mail!....

im excited...get..get..excited!
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    err...dec2009 1 post

whos upset? mult****w
    Haha good call!

This looks a lot better than multifl0w. I'll probably use it if I get a 3GS this weekend.
    ================================================

================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Lem View Post
    1st Yahoo!
    Major fail and....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I would love for a multitasking app that look like OverBoard
    It will be the fastest way to switch apps.

Its nice to have free alternatives, but imho this guy just seem to rip off his ideas from another products, first with overboard, now this. What next, free CategoriesSB clone? biteSMS?

Anyway, I like the idea that its free, I always liked the idea of open source and free in jailbreaking, but now its coming more and more commercial.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast