Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProSwitcher : A Free and OpenSource Multitasking App for the iPhone

Don't like the new Activator, it's separate from ProSwitcher now.
    Guess its going to be a stand-alone app to launch anything.

BTW, if your theme wont work after updating LibActivator, respring twice.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't get it? What that an attempt at a snide remark?

I admit I was bit curt, and I apologize, but I don't understand your retort.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    We can either do that, or you can be a big boy and work it out for yourself.

Or maybe you should just ask mommy?

Today I had an odd experience in the settings of OverBoard and ProSwitcher. Both offered the possibility to be activated via swipe up from the left, right and the middle (from beneath the Dock). Unfortunately, I had to wipe my iPhone because of too many crashes from other sources. But now, after a fresh installation these two options disappeared. Any suggestions, how I got the applications to offer me the additional options and how to reactivate them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hastamala View Post
    Today I had an odd experience in the settings of OverBoard and ProSwitcher. Both offered the possibility to be activated via swipe up from the left, right and the middle (from beneath the Dock). Unfortunately, I had to wipe my iPhone because of too many crashes from other sources. But now, after a fresh installation these two options disappeared. Any suggestions, how I got the applications to offer me the additional options and how to reactivate them?
    Did you originally download it from the Petrich source?

Well I missed to add the source for the beta-version of the apps

Double tapping the home button does not invoke proswitcher anymore, removed and replaced LibActivator and proswitcher. Still no go...ideas?

Ahhh nevermind, you always figure it out after asking the question. Doh!
    Last edited by corax; 01-22-2010 at 11:46 PM.

new update version 1.1

Many bug fixed
    Lock SpringBoard card
    better LA support
    Improved settings
    Return of a few settings
    Check git commit logs for more!
    no spam

I jsut got a 32gb 3gs with proswitcher, winterboard, and a palm pre theme my battery drain is horrid at 67% with an hour of useage about 100mb of data pull in that useage or is this normal? i really love proswitcher and came back to iphone for this and multitasking

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is the battery time for Internet use:
    Up to 5 hours on 3G
    Up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi

When you charge your phone does the power percentage increase? if so you might want to try recalibrating the battery.

Turn off Push, then let the battery completely drain untill the phone shuts off then let charge to 100%. Hope this helps.

I am experiencing heavy battery drain as well. No apps are backgrounded and the new update did not solve it.

I drop about 1%/min with the phone in sleep. I did notice the battery jump from 30% to 50% as soon as I docked it.

I will try your suggestion of exercising the battery.

Thanx

It's most likely not your battery. ProSwitcher/LibActivator causes significant battery drain. It has since the day I installed it and for many others as well. It's not that big of a deal to me since I am either at home or the office and can keep it docked.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

So I finally removed Proswitcher today and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, proswitcher is a great app, but it has some major memory leaks. On average my 3GS would get down to about 61mb when surfing the web or checking mail. My keyboard would also lag like crazy. After uninstalling my memory has gone back up to 162mb free on average.

Until ProSwitcher gets the fixes it needs I will be staying away from it. Sucks but I would rather enjoy my iPhone as a 3GS and not another 3G...

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    So I finally removed Proswitcher today and couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, proswitcher is a great app, but it has some major memory leaks. On average my 3GS would get down to about 61mb when surfing the web or checking mail. My keyboard would also lag like crazy. After uninstalling my memory has gone back up to 162mb free on average.

Until ProSwitcher gets the fixes it needs I will be staying away from it. Sucks but I would rather enjoy my iPhone as a 3GS and not another 3G...
    +1

I have had serious RAM leakage, noticable slow down, a few sad mac's, and battery drain out the wazoo. I used SBSettings to toggle ProSwitcher and Activator off and wow! What a difference!

For now, I am happy with just backgrounder. ProSwitcher (for me) is a luxury more than anything - something that I rarely use, but is quite nice when I need it. Backgrounder on the other hand is now an essential part of my software.

just for the record - I love ProSwitcher, but for now... I will wait for it to be patched up. I think it should cost $0.99 at least so that the dev can be rewarded for his work and be given the incentive to constantly update it.

I would pay for this program if it worked flawlessly

tim

I actually love this app, but I've discovered that it not only drains my memory, it also interferes with Copilot which I use for navigation, constantly switching it off!
    After uninstalling nearly everything and still no joy, I uninstalled proswitcher and copilot now works as it should...I've reinstalled my other apps and haven't had any issues with copilot....shame as I really like the app, but will stick to backgrounder unless a solution is found.

I have uninstalled pro-switcher and my memory has been rock solid. Will just use backgrounder until an update comes out.

Yeah. I have also just disabled proswitcher and activator as my battery use was off the charts.

I have a Mophie Juice Pack Air and I would be running out of battery mid afternoon during normal use!

The difference is instantly noticable after disabling. I hope Ryan fixes this, I love proswitcher.

Does anyone know if proswitcher is the culprit or activator?

Pro switcher seems to be the cause of the memory leaks, whereas Lib Activator is the cause of the battery leak.

I definitely do not recommend ProSwitcher for the iPhone 3G/2G.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

After much reading, I'm deciding to remove ProSwitcher as well. It's a battery sucker, and for real, it sucks it dry.

Any updates on if there is going to be an update for the memory leak issues?
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast