Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ProSwitcher : A Free and OpenSource Multitasking App for the iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I would like to see an option to blacklist certain apps. Probably the phone and email.

Toggle off "Show Default Apps" in ProSwitcher settings, ipod, phone and mail will be hidden.
    You can blacklist apps in Backgrounder, but don't blacklist phone and mail, they should be running in the background.

I'm not seeing that option in settings?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think he is confused with multiflow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I believe "show default apps" was an option in version .8, no longer available in current version.

Try the ProSwitcher.plist I posted in this trhread.
    ProSwitcher - Hide Default Apps Re-Add?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rashad1's Avatar
    Thanks

No updates?

It's out, and on Cydia?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

YA

Quote Originally Posted by jrlrule View Post
    is this a fail for the 3G/2G?
    Yes and no.

Turn off the 'pretty features' and it's pretty usable.

Would be so much better on the 3Gs tho.

--
    Oh and the "Short Hold Home Button" option is coded very poorly.
    You have to release the home button after 3-4 seconds of holding it, And it doesn't even alert you if you have activated Pro Switcher correctly.

It should be coded like Backgroundr, where it pops up after 1-2 seconds of holding the home/power button.

However, it does give you the option to Double Tap the Status bar to activate the pro switcher. It works well, but on the 3G it is very laggy.

I find myself quadruple tapping the status bar before it shows up.
    Last edited by mofolo; 01-04-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

I have a 3GS and I must say that it is really cool... and thats as far as it goes.

There is "some" lag involved when backgrouding is initially enabled for a program.

It also interferes with SBSettings' RAM cleanup program: SBSettings>Processes>Free Up Memory

Also I don't like how it forces you to view your backgrounded programs when you initially background a program. I would much prefer to go to the Spring Board when I background a program and THEN be given the option to go to backgrounded programs or springboard after launching the program again.

That sounded kinda confusing to me so here are the steps that would be nice:

Launch Program > Press and hold home button to activate backgrounder > Go back to Spring Board

Open backgrounded app > use app > hold home button to open proswitch'ing OR press home button to go back to springboard

^the second one is how proswitcher works already.

I just don't like the little bit of lag when I background an app and how it messes with SBSettings' ability to free up memory. Proswitcher is too cool of a program not to have installed, so I just disable it with SBSettings.

tim

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    I have a 3GS and I must say that it is really cool... and thats as far as it goes.

There is "some" lag involved when backgrouding is initially enabled for a program.

It also interferes with SBSettings' RAM cleanup program: SBSettings>Processes>Free Up Memory

Also I don't like how it forces you to view your backgrounded programs when you initially background a program. I would much prefer to go to the Spring Board when I background a program and THEN be given the option to go to backgrounded programs or springboard after launching the program again.

That sounded kinda confusing to me so here are the steps that would be nice:

Launch Program > Press and hold home button to activate backgrounder > Go back to Spring Board

Open backgrounded app > use app > hold home button to open proswitch'ing OR press home button to go back to springboard

^the second one is how proswitcher works already.

I just don't like the little bit of lag when I background an app and how it messes with SBSettings' ability to free up memory. Proswitcher is too cool of a program not to have installed, so I just disable it with SBSettings.

tim

Hmm, what you're trying to accomplish is exactly what I have. Just to confirm, if you have "Maps" open, you want to hold home to activate the back grounding for the Maps apps, and then you want your phone to send you to Springboard after it backgrounds it? If so, you CAN do that cause that's what I have set up. Please confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Windmeel View Post
    Hmm, what you're trying to accomplish is exactly what I have. Just to confirm, if you have "Maps" open, you want to hold home to activate the back grounding for the Maps apps, and then you want your phone to send you to Springboard after it backgrounds it? If so, you CAN do that cause that's what I have set up. Please confirm.
    Yup that is how I want it. How did you do that? And do you have any lag when you initially background a program?

With ProSwitcher toggled off, there is no lag. I would love to leave the program switched on... but I can't speed around my phone as fast as I would like with it on.

tim

When you use Backgrounder to background an app you will always go back to the springboard.
    Whe you activate ProSwitcher from within an app, ProSwitcher assumes you want to background the app and does so for you.
    But you are really activating the switcher, so it will show you the overview.
    As for the SBSettings mem issue, that's a backgrounder problem and has nothing to do with ProSwitcher.

Thanks

Yup that is how I want it. How did you do that? And do you have any lag when you initially background a program?

With ProSwitcher toggled off, there is no lag. I would love to leave the program switched on... but I can't speed around my phone as fast as I would like with it on.

tim
    I have about 10 apps backgrounded, around 60MB of free memory and no lag whatsoever. What apps do you need to 'speed around' to? Why not background them?
    To live, you have to lie

Quote Originally Posted by wim66 View Post
    When you use Backgrounder to background an app you will always go back to the springboard.
    Whe you activate ProSwitcher from within an app, ProSwitcher assumes you want to background the app and does so for you.
    But you are really activating the switcher, so it will show you the overview.
    As for the SBSettings mem issue, that's a backgrounder problem and has nothing to do with ProSwitcher.
    Yeah... the only time I have probs with "Free Up Memory" is when ProSwitcher is toggled "ON".

I want to background the App AND go back to the Spring Board, even when ProSwitcher is on. I don't want to see my overview every time I background an App. I want to be able to choose when to see my over view - just like the Palm Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I have about 10 apps backgrounded, around 60MB of free memory and no lag whatsoever. What apps do you need to 'speed around' to? Why not background them?
    I don't think you are getting what I'm saying.

The lag only happens when initially backgrounding - maps for example. It forces me to the "Card" page of ProSwitcher when I first background a page.

-------------------------------
    Ok. So for anyone with my complaint - all you have to do is change the activation method.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

tim

I want to background the App AND go back to the Spring Board, even when ProSwitcher is on. I don't want to see my overview every time I background an App.
    Then use the Backgrounder methode to background an app .
    The one that shows you a popup saying "Backgrounding Enabled".
    Go into the Backgrounder app-->Control and use the Home Button to background apps (Press and hold until notification appears).
    In Settings app-->ProSwitcher--Activation Methods don't use Short Hold for the Home Button

I set "activate proswitcher" to double press and everything works like I want it to.

"Free up Space" still conflicts with ProSwitcher... but I am able to over look that.

thanx

tim

Apple better add this function th the next iphone

This is neat. Will dl now. Many thanks.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast