Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Qik Submitted to AppStore - Is Apple Relaxing It's AppStore Rules?

Threaded View

Default Qik Submitted to AppStore - Is Apple Relaxing It's AppStore Rules?

The AppStore has been taking some huge steps in improving it's screening process for new Apps, as well as providing developers with up to date news on changes. Now that the AppStore has approved live video-streaming apps like Knocking and USTREAM's Live Broadcaster, it’s only a matter of time before we see more from other companies that provide live-streaming services. A Prime example of this would be Qik’s iPhone app. On the official Qik Blog, we are told that they’ve submitted their updated Qik for iPhone app (My guess is it's a whole new app, not just an update), complete with live-streaming functionality, to Apple for AppStore approval.

Qik is well known as one of the premier live video broadcasting services for smartphones, especially the Nokia. Unfortunately, the iPhone version of the app didn’t allow for live broadcasting – it’s currently limited to recording video and sending the clips to Qik’s website. That will all change once the updated Qik for iPhone app goes live. IF it goes live. I don't see why not with the recent approval of USTREAM and Knocking.

Until then, we have some new Apps to play with, but don't forget, we also have Qik available now, however only jailbroken iPhones can stream live video to the web. Hopefully, all of us can enjoy this soon.

One can only hope that this means we will start to see some previously rejected Apps hit the AppStore that we've all been waiting for. However, I am suspect to the idea that this might only be applicable for video broadcasting. It seems like once Jobs approved the Knocking App, he had to say yes to the rest. Perhaps we might see Sling Mobile back in the AppStore soon. I know that would make lots of people happy

Read the official Qik blog : Qik for iPhone submitted to App Store | Qik Blog

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-10-2009 at 02:28 PM.