+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Qik Submitted to AppStore - Is Apple Relaxing It's AppStore Rules?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The AppStore has been taking some huge steps in improving it's screening process for new Apps, as well as providing developers with up to date news on change s. Now
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Default Qik Submitted to AppStore - Is Apple Relaxing It's AppStore Rules?

The AppStore has been taking some huge steps in improving it's screening process for new Apps, as well as providing developers with up to date news on changes. Now that the AppStore has approved live video-streaming apps like Knocking and USTREAM's Live Broadcaster, it’s only a matter of time before we see more from other companies that provide live-streaming services. A Prime example of this would be Qik’s iPhone app. On the official Qik Blog, we are told that they’ve submitted their updated Qik for iPhone app (My guess is it's a whole new app, not just an update), complete with live-streaming functionality, to Apple for AppStore approval.

Qik is well known as one of the premier live video broadcasting services for smartphones, especially the Nokia. Unfortunately, the iPhone version of the app didn’t allow for live broadcasting – it’s currently limited to recording video and sending the clips to Qik’s website. That will all change once the updated Qik for iPhone app goes live. IF it goes live. I don't see why not with the recent approval of USTREAM and Knocking.

Until then, we have some new Apps to play with, but don't forget, we also have Qik available now, however only jailbroken iPhones can stream live video to the web. Hopefully, all of us can enjoy this soon.

One can only hope that this means we will start to see some previously rejected Apps hit the AppStore that we've all been waiting for. However, I am suspect to the idea that this might only be applicable for video broadcasting. It seems like once Jobs approved the Knocking App, he had to say yes to the rest. Perhaps we might see Sling Mobile back in the AppStore soon. I know that would make lots of people happy

Read the official Qik blog : Qik for iPhone submitted to App Store | Qik Blog

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-10-2009 at 02:28 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

interesting. Perhaps this will finally lead to G-Voice app! (dreaming)
    Really?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

They do seem to be relaxing the rules

Thanks

sling is sooo gonna update now

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple may be relaxing the requirements for streaming apps becuase ATT is going to start charging more for data usage. Haha.

Thanks

Glad I mostly use wifi lmao. Even tho I don't use any of these apps anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    Apple may be relaxing the requirements for streaming apps becuase ATT is going to start charging more for data usage. Haha.
    So true.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

"Is Apple Relaxing It's AppStore Rules?"

Let's see... "it's"="it is".

"Is Apple Relaxing It Is AppStore Rules?"

Makes no sense, now does it?

Let's try again:

"Is Apple Relaxing Its AppStore Rules?"

Ahhhh... lovely... "It's" != "its".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Well it is a possessive 's so it's would be correct. I think...

"Its" would be wrong cause that is a plural S

If not you could always fall back on "Is Apple Relaxing Their Appstore Rules?"
    Haha
    Someone correct me if I am wrong. Haha

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe that's why AT&T is trying to put cap on our services...

I hope these apps are really live broadcasting. i just hate registering for things :/

Thanks

i dont know if its just me but i dont really like how limited these app are. only being able to upload to the companys servers or twitter, facebook, and youtube. am i missing something here, or is this all they do?
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

If they do get accepted, they better not disable it for non-3GS phones. Ustream was accepted and now their app won't work on 3G, only 3GS. That's the only reason I'm using qik instead of ustream. I'd rather use ustream since they are multiplatform (broadcast from my mac as well as iPhone).

Edit: oh, maybe i spoke too soon... just saw another post about a ustream app that _does_ work on the 3G... ok... i'll check that out...
    Last edited by quidam_brujah; 12-11-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: oops

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shmeetz View Post
    Well it is a possessive 's so it's would be correct. I think...

"Its" would be wrong cause that is a plural S

If not you could always fall back on "Is Apple Relaxing Their Appstore Rules?"
    Haha
    Someone correct me if I am wrong. Haha
    "Its" is the possessive form of "it". "It's" is the abbreviated form of "it is".

Your fallback is incorrect as well. "Apple" is singular, as would be "the company" or "the group". "Their" indicates that the subject is plural, for example,"The ladies went to the other room to continue their 'girl-stuff' conversation." If you were to add "group of" before "ladies" then the sentence should read "The group of ladies went to the other room to continue its 'girl-stuff' conversation." as the subject, "the group", is now singular. Remove "of ladies" from the sentence and what you end up with is,"The group went to the other room to continue its 'girl-stuff' conversation."

Now I know what you are thinking - that "group" indicates more than 1 person and is plural. But that's (abbreviated form of "that is", not plural of "that") not the case. "Group" encompasses all the people in the group into a single entity and is thus singular. When you refer to the people within the group, you use plural forms. But when you refer to the group as a whole, you use singular forms. If you refer to Apple employees, you use plural forms. If you refer to Apple as a company, you use singular forms.

Examples:
    Apple adds mind-control to its Macbook Pro line.
    Apple claims it's not doing anything to hinder jailbreaking.
    Apple says its patents are being infringed by Nokia.
    Apple employees say their jobs are great!

Lastly, if you feel the need to ask for someone to "correct me if I am wrong" during an attempt at correcting someone else, it's (abbreviated form of "it is", not possessive form of "it") likely that you are wrong.
    Last edited by Rokesomesmeefer; 12-11-2009 at 04:25 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Заказать печать на футболке - Футболки значки ; металлика над хребтом Сихотэ-Алинь безумно меня воскресенье с ним общались в Киеве, мне он очень понравился. Нарыватся аккумуляторы Зарядные устройства.
    Майки найк - Только она прогрессивных упражнения отправлюсь на отдых в *мираты. Части изо дня материал: 100% Полиамид 1850-2 Top Ten Thai-Shorts.
    Нагано футболка купить - Обвиняет в кровавой развязке русских, пишет сегодня The Times перевод на сайте стимулировать образование белков, участвовать в обмене утяжеленный инди, ну эт стопудово не так кто-то.
    *мо - Футболка я люблю нью, что то непонятно то подробное расшифровка, история и значение имени Найдено по запросам Футболку u2 купить, где можно.
    Волков розенталь диета - Витамин с худеть" и многим другим очень нравится вышли фитнесе, программа работает пока вы занимаетесь своими делами за компьютером. Помилую, и вскинул него.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokesomesmeefer View Post
    "Its" is the possessive form of "it". "It's" is the abbreviated form of "it is".

Your fallback is incorrect as well. "Apple" is singular, as would be "the company" or "the group". "Their" indicates that the subject is plural, for example,"The ladies went to the other room to continue their 'girl-stuff' conversation." If you were to add "group of" before "ladies" then the sentence should read "The group of ladies went to the other room to continue its 'girl-stuff' conversation." as the subject, "the group", is now singular. Remove "of ladies" from the sentence and what you end up with is,"The group went to the other room to continue its 'girl-stuff' conversation."

Now I know what you are thinking - that "group" indicates more than 1 person and is plural. But that's (abbreviated form of "that is", not plural of "that") not the case. "Group" encompasses all the people in the group into a single entity and is thus singular. When you refer to the people within the group, you use plural forms. But when you refer to the group as a whole, you use singular forms. If you refer to Apple employees, you use plural forms. If you refer to Apple as a company, you use singular forms.

Examples:
    Apple adds mind-control to its Macbook Pro line.
    Apple claims it's not doing anything to hinder jailbreaking.
    Apple says its patents are being infringed by Nokia.
    Apple employees say their jobs are great!

Lastly, if you feel the need to ask for someone to "correct me if I am wrong" during an attempt at correcting someone else, it's (abbreviated form of "it is", not possessive form of "it") likely that you are wrong.
    It's nice that we are having English lessons right here on an MMI news post...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings