Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th-Gen iPhone in Summer 2010?

How on earth did a design concept originally released back in Feb as the upcoming replacement for the 3G and recently re-released as the 4G in the members news section ever make it to the news section?
    Apple have said that they aim to release a new phone every year, this is a concept picture and nothing to do with Apple themselves so what on earth makes this newsworthy?
    Last edited by confucious; 12-11-2009 at 08:13 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    How on earth did a design concept originally released back in Feb as the upcoming replacement for the 3G and recently re-released as the 4G in the members news section ever make it to the news section?
    Apple have said that they aim to release a new phone every year, this is a concept picture and nothing to do with Apple themselves so what on earth makes this newsworthy?
    I guess someone really wants that design to succeed lol. There is no way that phone will be released. Imagine the horrible battery life we have now getting even worse...that phone is too thin. The 3GS is too thin. We need a real battery.

I hope this happens I will def be getting one of these!!!!!!!!!!

I actually like the idea of a physical keyboard...however, I'd like it as an option, with the ability to dynamically switch between it and the touchscreen. THAT would be cool. Redundant, but cool nonetheless.

Last but not least, a lot more RAM, beefier processor, and a slimmer AND longer lasting battery.

Get these things into the next generation iphone and it'll dominate, period.(assuming it can be jailbroken)

Is that too much to ask for?

Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    whoa if this happens I'm deft updating
    I hope it stays exclusive to ATT
    hell no, some of us are tired of ATT

Quote Originally Posted by xxfr0stbytexx View Post
    why would you want it to look like that pic? its ugly no phone expecially the iphone would look like that. That pic is what the 3gs would "look" like.. and i really doubt a physical keyboard as ty22 said it would ruin it.
    Obviously, you have no sense of style.

Quote Originally Posted by crizzle1321 View Post
    iHope they switch over to verizon, especially if were going to start getting charged for our "unlimited" data plan just because at&t can't keep up with the trends!
    Does anybody that wants the iPhone to go to verizon have ANY IDEA how much they charge you up the butt for EVERYTHING!!! "Unlimited" Data plans are $45 plus $15 on top of that for tethering. Now a $360 ETF for "Advanced Devices". Verizon is the worst, most greedy wireless provider out there and CDMA uses a crapload more battery than gsm. Not to mention EVDO Rev A compared to UMTS or HSDPA 3G. You guys posting should really do some research before wishing for the big V-JayJay to get the iPhone.

BTW-I worked for Verizon so I have done my research.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I will say, I would use an iChat function weekly if not nearly daily talking to my family back home. Would be a great tool for vlogging too Not sure if a feature like this is actually something that would be a decision maker for many people, but that feature alone would have me wanting to upgrade for sure. As always, more battery would be great, but I get through the day with 25-45% left and I really have n aversion to charging nightly. I honestly think we play way more with our iPhones than we ever did, thus using more juice per day. I would rather keep the phone as thin as it is than have it be beffier with a larger battery. IMO that is what addon battery packs are for. There is somewhat of a limit on how much juice can be packed into such a small device.

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    hopefully Apple will not make MAJOR updates to the phone's ability to run games on an annual basis. Most customers are not able to buy new iterations of the iPhone every year.... Most of us can only afford to upgrade every two years - per AT&T's upgrade/contract renew option.

While I do agree with not wanting huge hardware changed for gaming yearly, it is really not at all hard to "get around" getting a new phone. Pay the cancellation fee (about $125), sell your 3GS on eBay for ~$400, sign a new contract. Yes it is a hassle, but you end up making a couple bucks in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hydro psyche View Post
    I actually like the idea of a physical keyboard...however, I'd like it as an option, with the ability to dynamically switch between it and the touchscreen. THAT would be cool. Redundant, but cool nonetheless.

Last but not least, a lot more RAM, beefier processor, and a slimmer AND longer lasting battery.

Get these things into the next generation iphone and it'll dominate, period.(assuming it can be jailbroken)

It is dominating NOW without those things... LOL
    Last edited by sziklassy; 12-12-2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    This picture is OLD! It's from the pre-3GS release. There have been many posts about this in the member-written section. Not sure how it ended up in the front page.
    if this pic is old, y do they have the "new claimed" feature of ichat on the iphone. if they do that mean its gonna have a dual camera, if not tey should. plus up the fps on the camcorder plus more RAM
    "R-R"

For anyone who still thinks this is anything but a re-hash, the orriginal, dated 10/2/09 can be found here.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydro psyche View Post

It's almost too much to ask for. You want more memory and a beefier processor with a slimmer battery that lasts longer..

The beefier processor alone will kill the battery but making the battery thinner provides less cells...which wont make it hold charge for as long as the reg sized battery.

Now i could be wrong about what i said so dont' hold it against me. Correct me if i'm wrong anyone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't have a problem with the iPhones shape, matter of fact if it changes I would have to replace all my accessories, they could change the backing and add iChat, and a more customizable os.

that is the way to do it!!!

i agree with you man...

hey how did you make your profile pic in a moving ant or what ever it is thanks in advance...

WOW...this is it...

wow....
    that is a great news...
    bt what ll be the special features of that????

The main feature is that it will stop all the pointless speculation...

If you want to know what people think will be in it just read all the speculation before the 3GS was released. 95% of which didn't prove true and will be repeated in the run up to the next iPhone.

Wow, Video iChat, GPS and maps running at the same time.

Battery Life = Null.

iPhone 4G Fail.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

They need to increase the battery life/power and it would be the perfect phone.

already saving up $ for this one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast