+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4th-Gen iPhone in Summer 2010?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by tarekkkkk thats y im still at 2g knowing that way when i upgrade from 2g to 4g its gonna be good upgrade not like those guyz from
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarekkkkk View Post
    thats y im still at 2g knowing that way when i upgrade from 2g to 4g its gonna be good upgrade not like those guyz from 3gs to 4g .... (get a life)
    If you are still on 2G, YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE!
    I have a faster processor,more ram,GPS,compass,3G,MMS,better camera and can run more programs and run them faster and i am sure i will upgrade to the next iPhone also so i already have a life.
    Last edited by JAG2621; 12-10-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Happy with my 3g and 3gs and it currently does everything I need it to do...I don't foresee upgrading for at least 2 years.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarekkkkk View Post
    thats y im still at 2g knowing that way when i upgrade from 2g to 4g its gonna be good upgrade not like those guyz from 3gs to 4g .... (get a life)
    I upgraded from 2g to 3GS and will remain with 3GS because the hardware is good enough. If the 4G is that much of a difference then maybe just maybe i would upgrade. Doesn't take much..just ebay or craigslist, get the money, and purchase a new phone. Everyone does it like that. Get a life? lol get a better phone..2g..haha weak..

Thanks

looks horrible to thin and home button looks messed up

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default well..
    well they will have to upgrade the phone... aint that the point of evolution
    No Spam - ajl917

Green Apple
    Thanks

Iím still with my 3G as I didnít see the improvements with the 3Gs worth it; worth it to me that is. I doubt the new iPhone will have the front facing camera for video calls. AT&T is whining like a bunch of cry babies about how iPhone users are bogging down the network and trying to think of ways to get people to use less. Could you imagine if the new iPhone did have video calling, it would crash AT&Tís network. Iím not a heavy user, I typically send maybe 100mbís a month and receive about 500mbís a month so the rumors of them possibly changing the billing probably wonít affect me. The thing that bugs me the most is AT&T has made so much money off the iPhone with all the required contracts, mandatory data, nickel and diming us with text messages being an additional package yet it doesnít appear that they have invested any of this money into their network to improve it. If they donít pull their head out of their butts soon they may start losing customersÖ especially if Apple releases the iPhone with other carriers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I hope they go to t-mobile or verizon..
    If I was any help, please hit the thanks button...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    looks super cool its prolly guna be super exspensive

Thanks

I have been with iPhone since the 2G. Each upgrade I sell my previous phone for the new one. All the opinions I have read here about why bother upgrading from 3G to 3GS because there isn't much difference, or why bother upgrading from 2G to 3GS and to get a life if one does so etc etc.... All very interesting, some comments childish and ignorant (the get a life comment), all in all opinions are simply that - opinions.

I will always upgrade to the newer phone because I for one love new technology. Especially new apple iPhone technology. Let's face it Apple has revolutionized the smartphone business because there are a lot of copycats now lol. T-Mobile G1, MyTouch3G, Blacberry Storm and Storm2, PALM Pre, MOTO Droid and that's just to name a few and all are in some way copying Apple haha.

I upgraded to the 3GS because I felt it was what the iPhone 3G was meant to be (faster processor, double the memory, and of course more flash drive space). I am actually quite happy with the 3GS. I jailbreak all my iPhones so I get the experience that PALM Pre, MOTO Droid and G1 & MyTouch3G users get. That being mainly multitasking. It's funny multitasking seems to be the major gripe most iPhone users have against apple. Meanwhile apple actually does background a few apps by default and maybe most people don't realize what they are. Phone, iPod, Mail, Safari all get backgrounded by default on all devices non-JB or JB. However, on the 3GS it works better and the RAM doesn't get maxed out and the phone itself doesn't slow down as badly compared to the 3G. I won't even mention the 2G. I used to have one so I KNOW how much it struggles with ANY backgrounding or multitasking (ppl that say get a life that own a 2G really need to evaluate the life they currently have lmao).

I might not get the 4G unless there are some really groundbreaking new technology and software in it that make me want to sell this 3GS and take that plunge. Because honestly my 3GS is perfect in everyway. At least in my "opinion" it is. I don't need a moto droid, I don't need a palm pre, I don't need a mytouch3g or whatever else is out there. I will wait to see if Apple can convince me that I need an iPhone 4G. If they come off with advertising that make it seem like the new phone will be doing things that my current JAILBROKEN phone can already do I will think twice. However, I will be looking at things like processor power, RAM upgrades, and battery. Those are my main concerns. I don't really care about anything else. Thanks for reading. I know that was a bit much lol. ^^

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    looks super cool its prolly guna be super exspensive
    The 4G will be 199 for a 32gb and 299 for a 64gb via AT&T. Mark it

Thanks

AT&T is really pissing me off. They whine, ***** and moan about the iPhone killing their network traffic yet they want to keep it exclusive with their network so they can keep making their money. What an oxymoron!

It's like this. You have the most popular smartphone on the market on your very poor network. 3 years have pretty much gone by and you have made promises about certain features coming (MMS) LIED about release dates then finally get it up and running, still haven't given customers tethering (maybe because you fear it will perma-crash your already poor network), over charge customers to use the exclusive iPhone contract then threaten to start some weird new billing practices to make iPhone users chillout with the usage.

Well, sounds to me like YOU (AT&T) don't deserve to be the exclusive carrier. AT&T made out lucky as I read a long time ago that Verizon turned down Apple's proposal for exclusivity. I was a Cingular customer that is until AT&T bought Cingular. My plan is considered by AT&T to be a grandfather plan because it is so old. I only pay $39.99 for 1000 mins per month. I was blessed when I was allowed to keep my supposed grandfather plan when I got the 2G iPhone and yet again when I got the 3G and yet again when I got the 3GS lol. So I don't pay as much as most iPhone users. Not bragging but I am making a point that regardless I DO NOT like AT&T practices with their monopoly on the iPhone here in the USA. If and when they lose the exclusive contract with Apple here you can BET they will change their tune when customers leave in droves lol. I just may be one of them.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kiddoko For This Useful Post:

hollow0 (12-10-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiddoko View Post
    I have been with iPhone since the 2G. Each upgrade I sell my previous phone for the new one. All the opinions I have read here about why bother upgrading from 3G to 3GS because there isn't much difference, or why bother upgrading from 2G to 3GS and to get a life if one does so etc etc.... All very interesting, some comments childish and ignorant (the get a life comment), all in all opinions are simply that - opinions.

I will always upgrade to the newer phone because I for one love new technology. Especially new apple iPhone technology. Let's face it Apple has revolutionized the smartphone business because there are a lot of copycats now lol. T-Mobile G1, MyTouch3G, Blacberry Storm and Storm2, PALM Pre, MOTO Droid and that's just to name a few and all are in some way copying Apple haha.

I upgraded to the 3GS because I felt it was what the iPhone 3G was meant to be (faster processor, double the memory, and of course more flash drive space). I am actually quite happy with the 3GS. I jailbreak all my iPhones so I get the experience that PALM Pre, MOTO Droid and G1 & MyTouch3G users get. That being mainly multitasking. It's funny multitasking seems to be the major gripe most iPhone users have against apple. Meanwhile apple actually does background a few apps by default and maybe most people don't realize what they are. Phone, iPod, Mail, Safari all get backgrounded by default on all devices non-JB or JB. However, on the 3GS it works better and the RAM doesn't get maxed out and the phone itself doesn't slow down as badly compared to the 3G. I won't even mention the 2G. I used to have one so I KNOW how much it struggles with ANY backgrounding or multitasking (ppl that say get a life that own a 2G really need to evaluate the life they currently have lmao).

I might not get the 4G unless there are some really groundbreaking new technology and software in it that make me want to sell this 3GS and take that plunge. Because honestly my 3GS is perfect in everyway. At least in my "opinion" it is. I don't need a moto droid, I don't need a palm pre, I don't need a mytouch3g or whatever else is out there. I will wait to see if Apple can convince me that I need an iPhone 4G. If they come off with advertising that make it seem like the new phone will be doing things that my current JAILBROKEN phone can already do I will think twice. However, I will be looking at things like processor power, RAM upgrades, and battery. Those are my main concerns. I don't really care about anything else. Thanks for reading. I know that was a bit much lol. ^^
    yes it is a bit much but i feel the exact same way!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Perfect timing, I have to renew my contract in July!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The 4G will be 199 for a 32gb and 299 for a 64gb via AT&T. Mark it
    I believe it! Marked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brianlg View Post
    I just hope that they dont make it impossible to jailbreak.
    But somehow these 17 year old kids find a way around what these professionals do.
    Why do you hope that u should be able to do what you want to your phone cause you paid for it I mean $500 why not

Green Apple
    Thanks

no way the camera is gonna be this stunning

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    If you are still on 2G, YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE!
    I have a faster processor,more ram,GPS,compass,3G,MMS,better camera and can run more programs and run them faster and i am sure i will upgrade to the next iPhone also so i already have a life.
    i lold yo i didnt say im agaisnt the 3g i said those who have 3gs its well for my openion stupid to buy the 4g
    and finally u didnt say "i have less brain" plz edit ur post xd

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

cant wait!!!
    im gonna stick with my 3g till then a nd save up for this

Thanks

I wanna touch it.
    EDM

Thanks

the pic is ugly but a bigger OLED screen would be very nice, front cam, dont really care about but would learn to love it and its the same ever year with releases and everyone also doubts its true, the next iphone will be out june/july as always but what comes with is the mystery but im totally psyched for it anyhow. whatever it will be it will be better than the 3gs and the droid and also have a bunch of bugs to work out and im sure a month or so after its release a jailbreak will be out, no matter what phone or how many FW updates apple can do someone will always be able to jb/ul it, nothing is impossible especially for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.