Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: USTREAM Broadcaster: Live Video Broadcasting Comes to the iPhone

  1. #21
    ERRR..... USTREAM recorded videos........ doesn't Youtube do this????? Nice marketing tool that will get alot of traffic to their site, but it's nothing more than recorded video theres nothing "LIVE" about this app @.@

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by fmt View Post
    Did you all forgot about Qik?
    The version of Qik on cydia also do live streaming.
    The version on the appstore just record and upload to their site.
    Qik with live streaming does the job very well and is easy to use.

  3. #23
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    well after downloading/agreeing to legal/setting up account w/ email and password/finally being able to experiment. it is extremely limited. enables video for 3G, however you can only upload to twitter facebook and youtube.....oh yeah and ustreams servers.....useless.
    well than i'm glad i didn't download it. I've heard before that it doesn't really record live video.

    However, which did you download? The "viewer" or the "live broadcaster"?

  4. #24
    Retired Moderator stlcaddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks
    140
    Thanked 128 Times in 90 Posts

    I love my qik, I use it at work almost everyday to show my boss problems I come across in the field.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak? triniflavaforya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Caribbean, Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Damn!! I guess nothing for the iphone 2G huh??????

  6. #26
    Qik did all that and better ages ago.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    well than i'm glad i didn't download it. I've heard before that it doesn't really record live video.

    However, which did you download? The "viewer" or the "live broadcaster"?
    live brodcaster. should i have downloaded viewer? doesnt look like the viewer or recorder versions do anything entirely different. they just have fewer star ratings.
    Last edited by rhekt; 12-11-2009 at 01:27 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

  8. #28
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Quailitynoob View Post
    ERRR..... USTREAM recorded videos........ doesn't Youtube do this????? Nice marketing tool that will get alot of traffic to their site, but it's nothing more than recorded video theres nothing "LIVE" about this app @.@
    actually it is live. this isn't ustream viewer this is the broadcaster. i've already tested this out and works great but a lil laggy when ppl are viewing you live.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    live brodcaster. should i have downloaded viewer? doesnt look like the viewer or recorder versions do anything entirely different. they just have fewer star ratings.
    The live broadcaster is the correct one. ive tried it and works!

    Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Qik did all that and better ages ago.
    qik is not live and does not connect to ustream which is the more popular streaming site.

    the interface for ustream broadcaster is great and allows for chat and polling.
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-12-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #29
    I noticed a glitch, where if I use backgrounder to run USTREAM Broadcaster, it starts to stream my springboard and anything i do on it while the app is running in the background.

    Anyone else notice this? I'm on a 3G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •