Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Launches RSS Feed For Developers

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Apple Launches RSS Feed For Developers

Sensing growing dissent among plenty of frustrated developers at every turn, Apple is continuing to put forward efforts in good faith to make the app approval process as transparent and "open" as possible - at least for a fiercely private company like Apple.

This week Apple is busy notifying developers that there is a new tool available to help achieve that stated goal. Thanks to a new iPhone developer RSS feed on Apple's site, developers can stay on top of news and announcements pertinent to their work and the at large iphone developer community.

From this morning's Washington Post:

We all know the App Store is broken. But we also all know that Apple is trying to fix it. Last night, Apple sent out notifications to iPhone developers letting them know that they had a new tool to share that will hopefully further open communications with developers.
    Although news of Apple starting an RSS isn't overtly exciting and largely went unnoticed across the newswire when word of its existence was unveiled, Apple is trying to convince developers that an RSS feed will prove enormously helpful in maintaining a flow of communication.

Perhaps the biggest beef developers have with Apple today is the often-lengthy approval time involved in the application approval process. When the "accepted timeframe" of two weeks passes and there's still no word on the approval or rejection of an application, developers get irritated. If anything, Apple's RSS feed can help pacify developers with regular updates and information about any and all delays, glitches, or other concerns that could be slowing the approval process for every developer patiently awaiting their turn from Apple.

In terms of the App Store overall, we remain of the mindset that it's ultimately an untenable model. Eventually, as the App Store keeps growing, Apple is going to have to open it up more (maybe with "trusted" developers) or it will have to hire an absurd number of people just to check applications. Yes, Apple's trusted ecosystem is important, but it's not like they check every website in the world, which the iPhone can access.
    Image via Apple

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

All you had to say was first? Geez..great input there. No wonder you don't know what jailbreak is..

Anyway, hopefully these RSS feeds actually help the developers. I would assume the review process takes time because of the thousands of apps submitted. Developers should keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    All you had to say was first? Geez..great input there. No wonder you don't know what jailbreak is..

Anyway, hopefully these RSS feeds actually help the developers. I would assume the review process takes time because of the thousands of apps submitted. Developers should keep that in mind.
    haha well every time i see a post i always see first or something around those lines... and i am a iphone newbie but i do know what jailbreak is lol

Link to feed?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I may not be a smart man but, I KNOW what jailbreak is. (read in a southern half retarded male accent)
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by az1z View Post
    haha well every time i see a post i always see first or something around those lines... and i am a iphone newbie but i do know what jailbreak is lol
    i felt the same way lol. That's why i had to quickly make my status change.

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    I may not be a smart man but, I KNOW what jailbreak is. (read in a southern half retarded male accent)
    lol so wrong..
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-09-2009 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wonder if this is just a bandaid to the laceration
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone who posts First! deserves a ban.