Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New AT&T App 'Mark The Spot' Aims to Find Network Problems

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope this data gets applied. I havent dropped any calls lately but i have been having a ridiculous amount of data errors ( failed texts mainly ). It is growing very tiresome as most of the time a respring doesnt work, I actually have to reboot. :-(
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    I'd like to say I get dropped calls while reclining on my chair in my living room while watching football . Fix it .
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Great! Now I can run an app that proves what I already know?!
    Bad Reception, dropped calls, etc. Why should I run an app on my time and do what AT&T is supposed to be doing all along?!
    So in order to help AT&T improve yours and everyone else's network coverage you want them to pay your for it? lol FAIL! That is sad to hear and ridiculous. If i had issues like others with service i would gladly offer up my location. Improving service is the goal and it's a win/win situation if it gets fixed. We get the great service or improved service and AT&T gets better credit.

But no you want to be paid to make your service better pfft. You should remain with crappy service if you have any.
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-08-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This is pretty kewl if it actually works and they do something about it. Watch verizon will do the same on the droid next..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psychodave View Post
    This is pretty kewl if it actually works and they do something about it. Watch verizon will do the same on the droid next..
    Might be nice for your friends who have the Droid to be able to tell you exactly where your AT&T service died, eh?

iPhone? More like MyPhone recklesstryg's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt that they will fix every problem. It is a good step to create a database that is user created to find problem areas.

Quote Originally Posted by aqan View Post
    I can already think of some places I'd use this app.
    I can think of several....and already have used it.

Hasn't this been around for a while? Is this a new version of it?

I can see it now....... Verizon's new comercial using AT&T's own app to find bad spots on AT&T's map...... priceless!

"Give Verizon a AT&T 3G coverage map and they will crap on AT&T for days. Teach them how to find all of their weak spots, and they will crap on AT&T for life!"....... again, priceless!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Sooooooooo it took Verizon to make ATT improve their service to it's customers and you think somehow this app is a game changer, eh? More poopieganda, different day.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Response to Hollow0 AKA Hollowhead
    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    lol!

So in order to help at&t improve yours and everyone else's network coverage you want them to pay your for it? Lol fail! That is sad to hear and ridiculous. If i had issues like others with service i would gladly offer up my location. Improving service is the goal and it's a win/win situation if it gets fixed. We get the great service or improved service and at&t gets better credit.

But no you want to be paid to make your service better pfft. You should remain with crappy service if you have any.
    I've already called AT&T numerous times about fixing their poor reception and dropped calls, using my cell time. SO BACKOFF JACKOFF!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually it DOESNT use your cell time to call Att customer care, it registers as your m2m minutes. So why don't you calm yourself down, besides if you call snd yell at them like you do to someone in an Internet forum?? I wouldn't fix your service either.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megum07 View Post
    Actually it DOESNT use your cell time to call Att customer care, it registers as your m2m minutes. So why don't you calm yourself down, besides if you call snd yell at them like you do to someone in an Internet forum?? I wouldn't fix your service either.
    It depends if he had to use his mobile minutes on a Verizon phone to report the service outage with AT&T.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default marks the spot? how deep should they go?
    how about an app that targets their billing problems?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megum07 View Post
    OH Really, Megum07. Why don't you just bend over and take it like a man!

Some of us, who use our cell phones for work 8 hours a day, rightfully expect them to work correctly! You probably think of a phone that does what it is advertised to do as a "concept"!

...or maybe ..."There's an app for that!" (No, there isn't!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. You're an idiot. A Pompous, into himself idiot. Honestly, you think a cell coverage is perfect 100% of all time, cause phone companies are in complete control over their network! sure...in a perfect world....bend over and take it like a man? How pathetic.

Default WiFi and GPS problems immediately after running app
    I decided to D/L and try out this app just to see for kicks. After I submitted a problem spot, I noticed my GPS location on the Inrix Traffic app was totally off. It reported my location a mile away from my actual position. Also, it wasn't updating my GPS position in real-time. There was a long lag time before my position was updated. I tried other apps that pinpoints my location, and those were also all wrong.

At home, my iPhone takes a long time to discover my WiFi network. I'd basically have to stand a few feet from the router and wait for it to discovery my network. Also, the range of a good signal is much shorter than before.

I deleted the app and rebooted the iPhone and the problems persist.

F&*K! SH!T!CR@P! This sucks! The app SUCKS!

Any fixes?

Hey! You live in Kennesaw??

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    I've already called AT&T numerous times about fixing their poor reception and dropped calls, using my cell time. SO BACKOFF JACKOFF!
    Like the other guy said it costs you nothing to call them and if you are so angry then switch providers and quit ******** like a lil school girl. Go find someone else to pay for your ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Like the other guy said it costs you nothing to call them and if you are so angry then switch providers and quit ******** like a lil school girl. Go find someone else to pay for your ignorance.
    People like you are idiots. They have a contract with their customers to provide a service, if they fail to do that they are in breach of said contract and should be accountable for it. Why do you think they created this app and got their panties in a twist when Verizon called them out on their ****** service? Try getting them to release you from that contract without trying to make you pay an early termination fee. Like that's going to happen. How about this idea, pay as much percentage of your bill as much as you have reliable service and see how that goes. Morons like you who think that simply switching providers is like turning off a light make me laugh. You're stupid if you think they won't try and rape you on cancellation fees. Besides, what's wrong with complaining about having ****** service? They won't fix their problems if everyone just went along and got screwed over like you seem to be advocating. I suppose you think that AT&T is in the right for boasting about **** they don't have and raping people that leave because of it. I had great service where I used to live, had to move for employment, and now the service is a joke. Can't cancel my line because AT&T won't allow me out of my contract without paying a huge stupid fee. If I quit paying it my credit goes to ****.

What's your solution there? Got any information the rest of us complainers don't know about?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Riviera's Avatar
    Thanks

You guys are funny

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Riviera; 12-19-2009 at 11:52 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Im prolly am going to be switching soon. But its noy at&t's fault you moved to a area with bad service. Like you said when you signed up you had good service. Im sure none of the cell companies would just say oh since you moved you dont have to pay us anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast