+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New AT&T App 'Mark The Spot' Aims to Find Network Problems

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by imilad hahah,,, kennesaw GA.. i used to live there once,,, how random Still do lol. Coverage is actually pretty good around here
    formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    hahah,,, kennesaw GA.. i used to live there once,,, how random
    Still do lol. Coverage is actually pretty good around here

iPhone? More like MyPhone hancoma's Avatar
    Thanks

Just downloaded it! Definitely will use as I always have 5 bars, but for no reason it drops to nothing and then drops calls inside the house.
    This occurs on both my 3g and the wife's new 3gs, so it is not a defective phone.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Incoming anecdotal evidence:

This morning, I'd noticed for the first time since I'd picked up an ATT phone, I had 3G service in my office. It wasn't 100% reliable, but indeed I had seen something I normally wouldn't until I was in my car and half way home.

Saw the RSS feed for this thread and put two and two together. I'm curious if there is some correlation between an improvement in signal quality and releasing this application. I was in my office on Saturday and didn't have 3G service, but today something had changed.

Update: I have received my text message about my service report. Took just under two hours.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i'm glad to see at&t is trying to improve their services.

Thanks

At least AT&T is actually trying to utilize the software to help improve their service and this is a step. I find it rather strange though that they just released this after...two years of customer complaints about service. So Verizon, thank you for your attack ads. If nothing else it got AT&T to actually open their eyes to their poor network service. Maybe they can move a little quicker than a snail on this, now.

Downloading now...this better not be a fart app disguised as an AT&T app....
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Green Apple
    Thanks

My dad used to work for AT&T and from what he has told me about the company, market ploy. I bet they know where the problems are and will work on them over time, but not because of this app. I've gotten a 3G[S] two months ago and have 3G service everywhere in St. Louis except Ladue (rich person area so they don't want cell towers, don't look nice enough). I never had a dropped call on AT&T (did a lot when it was Cingular though) until I got my iPhone. Now I've had like 10 and five that couldn't go start. Did get 3G in my friends basement with 5 bars; was 0-1 bar on EDGE! Now I kick their rumps with my service (they are T-Mobile, Verizon and Sprint)
    EDIT: Surprised that the texts take so long to be received. I was on the phone with AT&T and was told "We have just sent you a confirmation SMS. Is there anything else I can help you with today?" I got the SMS while I said "Nope, thanks for your help."
    Last edited by youngbrammer; 12-07-2009 at 05:15 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If your phone is out of range of service, how the hell are you supposed to get GPS coordinates to tell them where you are?!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is a great idea. I'm very sure AT&T will use this app to improve their network service. They have to do this in order to at least catch up to the competitor. I have great service for the most part but if this app will help others and help give them a better name than i'm all for it. I hope the bad image AT&T has right now changes in the long run.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Anyone else notice the irony of the warning message to not use the app while driving, yet the map screenshot shows them on the interstate?

Edit: Submitted a note of service, but still haven't received an SMS notifying that it'd been received. I think I'm going to keep track of the time, just to get an idea of what type of delays (if bad) there may be.
    It took me over 4 and a half hours to get the many I reported. Sad considering this is what it was made for, to report ****** service. I just wish AT&T would ******* admit their network is a joke and quit jerking everyone around.

Every day when I go smoke, go to the bathroom, or anything that doesn't require me to have a wrench in my hand I'm sending in a report of some kind. That's actually how often I have problems. If I'm not in broad daylight my phone doesn't work. What's even more funny is I had to step out side, manually locate myself on the map, and wait for the no service to go away. I hate AT&T here, wish I was back where I used to live.

Thanks

I like how I posted this yesterday in the AT&T forum. Link it to my thread or something. jees
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
    I like how I posted this yesterday in the AT&T forum. Link it to my thread or something. jees
    Actually it was this morning, but still first. OP post corrected to reflect credit.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
    Get over yourself. Geez. You really need credit for this? Your ego that fragile?

Quote Originally Posted by warezit View Post
    If your phone is out of range of service, how the hell are you supposed to get GPS coordinates to tell them where you are?!
    Inside the map option you can move the pin around to the area where it occured. This confused me at first and I was laughing because I thought that it was my crappy service that made it think it was two miles or so away from where I actually was.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 12-07-2009 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Maybe AT&T need to get this app. I hate at&t.

Thanks

No I wasnt looking for credit KartRacer I was just asking if there was a way to link the threads, so there werent 2. I though it was about 11 my time when I posted it.
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think theyll make improvments. They read peoples complaints about their coverage all over the internet and they know the iPhone is not gonna stay exclusive to ATT forever not to mention unlocking.The app wood a waist of there time to make if they're not gonna use it as inttended amd besides what do we (the consumers) have to loose? The service cant get any worse.Everything either stays the same or will get better

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianlg's Avatar
    Thanks

I mean, at least theyre making it look like theyre attempting to help.. Nothing wrong with that. It's not like anything worse can come from this. I'm excited to try this out on my drive back to school tonight!

Green Apple
    Thanks

wish tmob made the same app.... would be hysterical...

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

This can be a double-edged sword. Either folks are going to abuse this and bring it to a screeching halt or they will actually contribute to providing useful info. to hopefully improve the network. As with everything in life, it's what we do with it.

Thanks

I'd like to say I get dropped calls while reclining on my chair in my living room while watching football . Fix it .

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ONLY If I Get PAID from ATT to do it
    Great! Now I can run an app that proves what I already know?!
    Bad Reception, dropped calls, etc. Why should I run an app on my time and do what AT&T is supposed to be doing all along?!