+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help GeoHot Find 10 Red Balloons and He'll Make an Untethered JB

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ecd5000 why do ppl keep ******** about this? JB and UL werent enough from him, for free i might add. he could easily be charging for his
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    why do ppl keep ******** about this? JB and UL werent enough from him, for free i might add. he could easily be charging for his software but only asks for a small donation and half the ppl who use it probably never gave him anything, so stop ********
    He would be better of charging for an untethered jail break, then getting the hopes of the community up with false pretensions. By that I mean, he likes to say continuously that jailbreaks and unlocks shouldn't cost anyone anything, and he likes to constantly remind us how he refused money to find an unlock, but then this stunt just puts those efforts and words into a useless and meaningless light.

No he doesn't want your money, but he wants you to do the leg work for him so he can get a free 40 grand and national level fame. That is a double standard my friend.

Green Apple
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Fodd1337;5053898]Tethered is when you have to connect your iDevice to a computer to Jailbreak (The Dev Team's Pwnage Tool is tethered), Untethered is a jailbreak over wi-fi. Someone correct me if I am wrong.[/QUOTE

Tethered means you need to re-jailbreak your device again if you ever turn it off/reboot it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob777 View Post
    your a compete idiot. Comparing Hitler to geohot, forums really make people use their brain. I can't beleive you honestly said that. YOUR AN IDIOT

You sure showed him who the real idiot was. Great work. Stay hot.

Thanks

^Nice work restating what I already said :/
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    ^Nice work restating what I already said :/

Ok, and your point being? I read "his" post, and made a comment. I didn't get to yours, nor do I care if you wrote something similar, since I was remarking on his beautiful irony-laden foot-in-mouth comment. Welcome to the world of a Forum. This is where people comment on one another, and on the ever-changing topics. You may experience similar posts in the future, so bulk-up Buckeroo and enjoy the ride. *sigh*

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    half the ppl who use it probably never gave him anything, so stop ********
    The percentage of people who donate, despite everyone saying they will, is more like 0.1% than 50%
    If 50% of the people who use BlackRa1n actually donated George would be a rich man.

As for the people who say he only did this competition for the $40k - did any of you actually read his web page on the competition? His share of the prize would have been $8k - somewhat less than the $10k he turned down for the latest unlock.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The percentage of people who donate, despite everyone saying they will, is more like 0.1% than 50%
    If 50% of the people who use BlackRa1n actually donated George would be a rich man.

As for the people who say he only did this competition for the $40k - did any of you actually read his web page on the competition? His share of the prize would have been $8k - somewhat less than the $10k he turned down for the latest unlock.
    thats the problem no one ever reads everything in full they qwickly half read somthing and then start their moaning crap and all this loyality crap etc. Geo writes and creates all these complex scripts and programs him self for iphone community's benefit he is not obliged to release anything nor is he legaly contracted to do so. so therfore if geo wishes to realease a unthered jail break then he can if not then no hard done by.

just remember if it wasnt for geohot you would not be using your iphone on 3.1 or 3.2 just now and also no unlock for all use idiots who say help i upgraded my phone by mistake

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Well, we've dated ourselves the under 20 crowd haven't we? It is imperative in attempting to make a point that you do not quote modified rap lyrics to make your paragraph complete if you intend to pass off for anything over tween status.
    Well that's funny. I am absolutely over 20. I am an app Dev as well. I just have a good sense of humor and think that this thread is total ******** just complaining about something we all (myself included) want for free. But under no situation is this something we are OWED.

I HOPE he releases it. If not someone will eventually. I thought I couldn't live without jailbreak till my 3gs had to be replaced under warranty. I use it for work so tethered is not an option and not reliable IMO, though it would be fine for an IPT3.

I feel like this whole thread is way out of hand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's funny how all the Jail-Broken Critics can speak their mind, make slick remarks and slam a Guy who has not only helped in revolutionizing the way the iphone works but allow them to expand on the technology locked down by apple.

My question for all who is pissed at GEOHOTZ!!!
    What if after jailbreaking your damn idevice the **** stopped working with means of repairing (BRICKED)?

I'm sure GH didn't hold a gun to none of ya'll heads and say DOWNLOAD BlackRa1n. It's free (THAT MEANS..."use at your own risk." )and to each his/her own.

I've never posted much in these forums because there will always be some numbMuck sitting infront of his/her PC or MAC surfing the net looking for FREE$hit and once they get it. . . .they'll be looking for more.

BASHERS N SKEPTS ARE BASICALLY A DIFFERENT SPELLING FOR ANAL!
    Sometimes it's better to be silent. . .Than to always be saying sum dumb SHYT!
    So basically try keeping it SYMPLE!

Thanks

i 2nd this. all these keyboard jockeys trying to out intelligence each other make my brain hurt. i been around a long time and people never change online. always b!tching, moaning and making things a pissing contest. *HUGE SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    I just have a good sense of humor and think that this thread is total ******** just complaining about something we all (myself included) want for free. But under no situation is this something we are OWED.

I feel like this whole thread is way out of hand.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blah blah blah.....all the geohotz fanboys and suckers can kiss my bottom. Geohotz was jus a piece of **** like youall untill he unlocked the iPhone....the guy has talent no doubt and CAN make a freakin untethered JB so I believe he should go ahead and make It instead of being an ******* asking for the stupid balloons=money=double standards....I wouldn't mind paying for Untethered JB.
    Peace
    Last edited by stylishguy929; 12-13-2009 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Spellin error

Thanks

Good, intelligent, well reasoned first post....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I'm trying to get you all guys "who's mad, upset, whatever..." on Geohot, but still really couldn't!
    whether it was him, the dev team, or anyone else, they are all putting all their own time and effort into something so very creative and publishing it for FREE to whoever might need it!!!
    got it guys? for freeeeeeeee......
    so if you're upset or mad, get over it and have a life, or try to be creative and keep it for yourself!

that's sick :-/

Thanks

I think most people got over something that happened 6 months ago about 6 months ago

Thanks

I guess he had to prove a 6 month old point lol hope he set them straight with this post now, 6 month grudge is soooo uneasy lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234