Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help GeoHot Find 10 Red Balloons and He'll Make an Untethered JB

Thanks

Oh how I have missed this place...
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    uh.. no he hasn't.
    And you know this for a fact? I think it would make perfect sense to hold a big release like this for something big to happen, whether it be money, fame, or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

geo is a dumb yeah great he can do so much for us jail break people, i mean we couldnt do it without him and the dev's, but seriously? if you ahve something dont hold it back becasue you lost by 2 red balloons that's just sad thanks to him for all he's done, but he needs an attitude change

4. The Following User Says Thank You to santaf For This Useful Post:

Arutoa (12-07-2009)

He never said he had something, just that he would find something. He could start charging for his services if people want to keep ******** and moaning about something the product they bought wasn't even supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by santaf View Post
    geo is a dumb yeah great he can do so much for us jail break people, i mean we couldnt do it without him and the dev's, but seriously? if you ahve something dont hold it back becasue you lost by 2 red balloons that's just sad thanks to him for all he's done, but he needs an attitude change
    1. you're an idiot an people like you are the reason he doesn't release. b!tch and moan until you get what you want for free, then b!tch some more once apple releases another update. you're ignorant of the work it takes, you're a fool, and geohot is brilliant.

2. geohot doesn't have anything yet. it takes hours upon hours of research, trial, error, and development to get the simplest jailbreak to work, and we are out of simple jailbreaks. if you're not prepared to kiss geohot's @ss a little, why should he set his life aside to help you with your phone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I'm not into RED Balloons...
    I only like Purple ones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

GeoHot is a dork.

Thanks

Although people like me who have the new iBoot really really want an untethered jailbreak, I really don't think we would be feeding GH's ego by begging and telling him he is "The Man". Steve Jobs is "The Man" for bringing us such an amazing device - although admittedly not perfect, it is still an amazing device.

People like me who donated - gave there money to support GH and his ONGOING development on the platform.

Either way in 10 years time who is going to remember GH? Noone. EIther do it or don't do. If you don't someone else will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

GH has put in a lot of time to offer up a free jailbreak solution that has been used by thousands of people. Of those that have used blackra1n or one of his other releases, Iím sure only a very small percentage has donated. I didnít hear anyone calling him a jerk, a DH, or an a hole when he released blackra1n. If you have such strong feelings against him, donít use his product.

Either way, GET OVER IT!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I don't think people know just how much work would be involved in making an untethered JB. I'm not even sure George could do it, but he is pretty confident he could.
    He has only recently unlocked BB 05.11.07, like he said, if he does an untethered JB what would people want next? He wanted to win this competition and was willing to put in a lot of hard work to help people if he did. He didn't so he isn't.
    No matter what he does people will always want more. If more people donated for the work he has already done then maybe he would do more, on the other hand, maybe not.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe he owes anyone anything.
    Well said and it is all true. He doesn't owe us anything at all. People need to stop whining about what he hasn't done and keep in mind what he has done. You're simplified jailbreak was created by him. You're simplified unlock (previously stated impoosible) was also, created by him. Deal with it.

**** happens. He got 8/10 thats amazing.

He is not after the money that much is for sure. He likes fame and that is in no way a bad thing. **** I mean if I was offering something that hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people wanted released... I'd want some freakin credit if I was the only one who could offer it. **** I mean I'm not even as nice as Geo. I know I'd want to cash in on it too more than he has. What has he done besides provide everything for free? He deserves to get his name out there IMO.

He hasn't been cashing in at all. The closest hes come to caring about the $ is when he traded his original unlocked iphone for a 350z (who the hell wouldn't???!) and 2 or 3 more 8 gig iphones that I BELIEVE he GAVE (as in for free) to the rest of the dev team.

Lets all stop complaining when he didn't release something you wanted. Hes the reason you are even able to complain and ***** about jailbreak...by making everything possible.

"Geo started this gangsta ****, and this is the mutha-****** thanks he gets?"

all of this discussion about a tetheredless jailbreak gives me hope that new bootrom does not turn the new 3gs into a jailbreak proof device. I guess there is a new exploit otherwise Geo wouldn't of mentioned it. I just hope he changes his mind and makes the community happy once again.

People need to brush up on their reading comprehension if they are mad about this.. lol.. He stated that he would create a untethered JB, not release one that hes sitting on...

He wanted to win this competition, he said he would commit his time to creating said JB if he won... which he didnt...

He doesnt owe anyone anything.. He invests his time for free (optional donations dont count) and people still want to complain.. lol.. too much

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!! *off topic conjecture* RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    "Geo started this gangsta ****, and this is the mutha-****** thanks he gets?"
    Well, we've dated ourselves the under 20 crowd haven't we? It is imperative in attempting to make a point that you do not quote modified rap lyrics to make your paragraph complete if you intend to pass off for anything over tween status.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh well. He'll put it out after the 3.2 update...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I'm indifferent to whole damn thing. I just did my research and bought a 3gs that I knew I could JB. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Well, we've dated ourselves the under 20 crowd haven't we? It is imperative in attempting to make a point that you do not quote modified rap lyrics to make your paragraph complete if you intend to pass off for anything over tween status.
    +1 ^. Sig worthy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Geo's work has been great, and he hasn't asked for anything. But everyone knows he is a prima donna who is starved for attention, I mean come on, the first thing my wife said when she had to rerun blackra1n because she rebooted her phone was and I quote "who the hell is this ugly kid on my phone with that cheesy *** smile". I almost swerved off the road I was laughing so hard.

There are a lot of good points for and against George in this thread, and everyone that is complaining that he should do an untethered jail break, needs to realize he said only if he won he would create one.

I do think that it's a pretty hypocritical move though to try and get the community to help him win $40,000.00 and fame on a national level, for something that he so often preaches about being free, and should always be free.

I too think that he is sitting on an untethered jailbreak, if not already made, then he at least knows that it can be done, or has started on it already. Why else would he even mention it?

Geo, thanks for all the hard work you have put in, but quit preaching about what a saint you are for not taking money one time, then turn around and want help to win $40k but only if you win will you give us what we want.

We understand that you are a very intelligent young man, who's ego is starting to out grow your common sense, so for now I at least will give you the benefit of the doubt, but loyalty is a finicky thing, be careful not to piss off the masses to much.

PS

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    LOL.
    Last edited by memnoch_thedevil; 12-07-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks

why do ppl keep ******** about this? JB and UL werent enough from him, for free i might add. he could easily be charging for his software but only asks for a small donation and half the ppl who use it probably never gave him anything, so stop ********
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast