+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Longitude Keeps You Connected to Google Latitude: RealTime GPS Tracking

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
No prob; thanks for the quick turnaround. Hope the update will come in a no-Rock flavor, too.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No prob; thanks for the quick turnaround. Hope the update will come in a no-Rock flavor, too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed this a few days ago and Longitude shows it updates but when I check Latitude it doesn't show my update.

Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Did u add Latitude to your iGoogle page?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    Did u add Latitude to your iGoogle page?
    I did and it shows it hasn't updated my location since yesterday. but Longitude it setup for every 5 minutes and it always shows it does update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Looks like it is working properly now.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Happy New Year everyone!

I'm pleased to announce the release of Longitude 1.5.1. This new version contains many new features and bug fixes:

* International support (sorry about the last version!)
    * Improved battery life and memory footprint
    * Fixed memory leak
    * SBSettings toggle
    * Update Now button
    * Last update result
    * Additional update intervals
    * Latitude no longer displays "Your location is set manually"
    * About screen updated & scrolls
    * New support section with FAQs
    * Support request with built-in diagnostics for quick troubleshooting
    * No more dependency on the iGoogle page

This version is available NOW on both Rock Your Phone AND Cydia! All expired trials in Rock have been reset, so those of you who experienced issues with the first one should be able to try it again and will hopefully be pleased with the result! Also, those who purchased it in Rock in the past should be able to download it on Cydia!

In celebration of the new year, Longitude is ON SALE for $0.99 until midnight of 1/3/2010 EST.

If you encounter any issues with the new version, please note that there is a new "request support" feature built into that will include a diagnostic report so that any issues you experience may be quickly and easily resolved.

Thank you for your support, and we wish you the very best in this new year!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thank you so much I love this app. I just have a question, I have set it up on 4 iPhones now in my family and only 2 are updating regularly. The other 2 are not and I don't know why. Should I reinstall on this iPhone? I will request support but just wanted to ask here first.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kraziebone View Post
    Thank you so much I love this app. I just have a question, I have set it up on 4 iPhones now in my family and only 2 are updating regularly. The other 2 are not and I don't know why. Should I reinstall on this iPhone? I will request support but just wanted to ask here first.
    Reinstall first...then ask for support. A few of us have had to reinstall to get it to work. No problems after that.

Thanks

I wonder if it'd be possible for a 3rd party developer to make their own app... the maps api is there... is there a latitude api out yet?
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Thanks

Seems to have stopped updating my location for me after I bought the license.
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had to reinstall to get it to work after buying it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Download the Trial of Longitude in Cydia a few weeks ago and after a few days I decided to purchase the app!

That is when the problem begain!

I open Cyida and chose Longitude and Tried to purchase but got the 403 error screen Forbiden from ModMyI repo!

So I closed Cyida and open Rock and chose the app and chose to purchase the app! The purchase went perfect and licenes was applied sucessfully, aka no problems so far!

A few days later I noticed a change when I open of Cydia, went to the changeand it showed an update for Longitude and accepted and started the upgrade and got the 403 screen error Forbidden from ModMyI Repo!

I closed Cydia and open Rock and there was a new update for Longitude and I accepted and then the download started and worked great!

I noticed sometime later that there was a change listed in Cydia and it was for Longitude and it was not a new but the same one as before!

Tried everything I new to do which is limited so I pm a mod here about the problem and never got a response!

As time went by I just got tired of looking at Cydia Icon showing a false update! I have contacted others involved with this and no response!

Today I just simply deleted Longitude!

I open Cyida chose Longitude and PURCHASED the app again! All is working now with not false update showing on Cydia!

Its a bummer that I had to purchase the app twice but I like the app and maybe the Dev just needed some more money!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm sorry that you had such trouble with it. Unfortunately, the whole purchasing, payment, and download system is completely out of my control. That's between the host of Cydia Store and ModMyi. That said, I unfortunately also have no way to issue you a refund, but if you contact [email protected], he should be able to. If you have any problems with the app itself, please feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can. Thanks for purchasing!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fergusean View Post
    I'm sorry that you had such trouble with it. Unfortunately, the whole purchasing, payment, and download system is completely out of my control. That's between the host of Cydia Store and ModMyi. That said, I unfortunately also have no way to issue you a refund, but if you contact [email protected], he should be able to. If you have any problems with the app itself, please feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can. Thanks for purchasing!
    Your are correct in there is a problem with Cydia and ModmyI as far as a compadibility problem, bad thing is that is has been going on for months and they are several post about it but NObody seems to care are doesn't want to fix.

I also had a problem with another app, which it was not with the purchasing phaze but support! I could not get it to work as it was suppost to and the dev or the app didn't care! If had not been for a member of Modmyi making her versio of the plugin it would still not be working, my hat is off to her!

Its just got to the point that people just don't want to take care of the little things!

As far as Saurik he has to many things going on all to the time!

And also the first purchase was made from Rock because I kept getting 403 error screen from Modmyi when using Cydia!

Anyway may the dev enjoy his spoils it he or she did infact receive them!

You just live and learn, just sometimes the lesson cost more!

Have a nice day!

Area

Quote Originally Posted by fergusean View Post
    Thanks for purchasing it TWICE
    Last edited by area51crypto; 06-13-2010 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes, that too

you said one of the purchases was through Rock? if you give me your Rock ID, I can get a refund issued for that.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345