+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RedEye Makes iPhone a Universal Remote

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's seems like most of you do not understand what Redeye is. Why does it have to be WiFi?? Because thats the only way the iPod Touch or the iPhone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Seriously??
    It's seems like most of you do not understand what Redeye is. Why does it have to be WiFi?? Because thats the only way the iPod Touch or the iPhone can communicate. They do not have IR capabilities. The redeye software on the iPod sends out a command to the tv/dvd player/stereo/etc. VIA WIFI to the base station. The Base station then CONVERTS the command from wifi to INFRARED and then sends the signal to the component.

You need a base station in each room where you have components you want to control. The cool thing is, (WHICH NO OTHER INFRARED UNIVERSAL REMOTE CAN DO) you can control the stereo that is playing music outside in the backyard from the comfort of your lawn chair. Conveniently, because the iPod touch or the iPhone is WIFI, you DON'T NEED LINE OF SIGHT, like you would with ANY OTHER UNIVERSAL REMOTE.

So, basically, NO ,you CANNOT do twice as much with any other universal remote. Not even close.

Imagine it's Sunday afternoon and you're flipping between football games on your outdoor TV and the kids want to listen to music by the pool. Show me a universal remote that can control my entire home theater system (while I'm outside cooking burgers) for $180.00

Banned
    Thanks
    Cool! As other apps as will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

RedEye is coming out with a new verion that plugs into the headphone jack called the Red Eye Mini due out in the spring??

if you look @ any of the logitech remotes they are all around 100+ for them and thats just the basic entry level model which does IR only and requires battaries etc etc... this device looks pretty cool and doubles as a charging dock (those are $30 minimum for an absolute basic dock) so there is value..

and if your still not satisfied they are offering 15% off and free shipping if you use the following link!

ThinkFlood

still a pretty cool concept if i didnt already own a Logitech harmony remote this would certainly be a viable solution!
    Last edited by Stargaze; 03-04-2010 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12