+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customers Rate AT&T Worst Carrier in US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
A Consumer Reports survey of wireless users in the US (subscription required) ranked AT&T dead last among major carriers in terms of quality. Most of the 50,000 people surveyed in
    MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Customers Rate AT&T Worst Carrier in US

A Consumer Reports survey of wireless users in the US (subscription required) ranked AT&T dead last among major carriers in terms of quality. Most of the 50,000 people surveyed in 26 cities gave AT&T low ratings in such categories as service availability, circuit capacity, dropped-call frequency, and voice service. Adding insult to injury is the fact that Verizon Wireless - which has been hammering AT&T in its "there's a map for that" ad campaign - came out on top.

The survey results come at a time that industry press is abuzz with reports that AT&T is on the verge of losing its exclusive arrangement to carry the iPhone in the US. Verizon - the #2 carrier in the US in the number of customers - has been widely rumored to be under consideration by Apple, though Verizon's CDMA network is not compatible with the iPhone's current hardware. AppleInsider reported today on speculation by an industry watcher that the iPhone might go to T-Mobile in 2010, which uses GSM technology like AT&T's, though in a different frequency that would require Apple to roll out a slightly modified phone. And even though Qualcomm has announced plans to release a hybrid chip that would enable the iPhone to use both AT&T and Verizon's networks, it's unlikely that it would be available until the end of the year, and would come at a significant cost premium. A phone capable of accessing T-Mobile's UMTS/HSDPA 3G network would presumably be available sooner and at costs comparable to the current line.

A story in the Wall Street Journal's AllThingsDigital detailed Consumer Reports' finding that AT&T had the worst overall consumer satisfaction in 19 of the 26 cities where people were surveyed. Verizon, meanwhile, ranked first in all 26 cities. This is the second time this year that AT&T has gotten slammed in a customer-service survey: in May, the American Customer Satisfaction Index report ranked AT&T third out of the big four U.S. wireless carriers due to "complaints about slow and spotty performance." Verizon won that one, too.

AT&T - perhaps understandably - dismissed the results. When AllThingsDigital contacted the carrier for its response, it had this to say:

We appreciate and value all customer feedback. We learn from it and it helps us serve our customers better. Without question the surest indication of customer satisfaction is churn, or turnover. For the last quarter, our postpaid churn was just 1.17 percent.
    It should be interesting to see if this number changes when AT&T is no longer the exclusive iPhone carrier in the US.

image via Consumer Reports

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

lolz

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

AT&T sucks,...
    iPhone with T-Mobile,...We love it....no need to unlock.......
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 12-01-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks

yea i know.

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

ATT does suck. In New York i use to get about the same reception with t-mobile that i do now with them. And im paying 20 or 30 dollars more.

Thanks

ATT is the bomb fyi. It is definitely the best carrier out there.

EDIT: BRING ON THE FLAME!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

no way my man
    BRINGING ON THE FLAME

haha lol, definately verizon or sprint.
    they just dont have good fones

You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How much more evidence you guys need (those who support AT&T)? AT&T is just not up to snuff to be the exclusive carrier for the iPhone. Of course Verizon and the other carriers have their cons as well, and all that means is that none of these carriers can be the sole carrier for the iPhone, it's just not possible due to the popularity of the phone. The flipside, if Verizon was the sole carrier for the iPhone rather than AT&T, we would hear plenty of complaints and whining, as much as there are today with AT&T.

So, the win-win situation? Lose the exclusivity deal; which looks like will happen in the year or so.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to llescaflownell For This Useful Post:

Boker (12-01-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

I"ve had no problems with AT&T's service...with th exception of 3G, not being available in my area. My boss comes down from houston; and uses my phone to make a call because Verizon doesn't have signal in my area! It's all in where you frequent...and in my area, AT&T is the best as far as cell strength!!

Thanks

And i quote "Verizon - the #2 carrier in the US in the number of customers" NUMBER 2
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

This is really no surprise. ATT is the worse in all Services they provide. I have known this from several experiences. They are the worst and will never improve. All about money to ATT.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ejb5oh View Post
    This is really no surprise. ATT is the worse in all Services they provide. I have known this from several experiences. They are the worst and will never improve. All about money to ATT.
    What are you talking about?!? This is a HUGE surprise.

OK, you're right, it's no surprise. Sorry about that.

Thanks

lol

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I'd choose AT&T over Sprint any day, Sprint is the only phone company I've ever had to call and literally yell at, not just bad phone service but WORST customer service!

What's Jailbreak? 8r00k1yn8411!n's Avatar
    Thanks

is this a surprise to anyone?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    And i quote "Verizon - the #2 carrier in the US in the number of customers" NUMBER 2
    Uh-huh.

Fanboi much?

That's like saying "The F-150 is the best selling truck in America!"

I suppose it's quite easy to overlook the fact that both Ford and AT&T put out a ****** product.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TooSlo For This Useful Post:

dale1v (12-01-2009)

Thanks

I had at&t before the iphone and i will have it after the iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tethering my 3GS to my laptop, while still being able to talk on my phone is what makes ATT worth it to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Uh-huh.

Fanboi much?

I suppose it's quite easy to overlook the fact that both Ford and AT&T put out a ****** product.
    Thats why ford is the only car company that the us people don't have to bailout

22. The Following User Says Thank You to techrider62 For This Useful Post:

Chase817 (12-01-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it's obvious that Verizon would win the battle..the comparison is common knowledge since their coverage map is pretty much the entire US. So comparing them to any other carrier is pointless.

As for my experiences..i was with T-Mobile before and right now my service with AT&T is a whole lot better than it was with T-Mobile. You can say what you want about them but not everyone has bad services with them and do have great reception. It just really depends on your area...which leads to my next question..what were the 26 cities surveyed? and instead of having 26 cities why not survey the entire US? There should be a survey of the entire US for each carrier. That's how we'll see the true customer experiences. What's the point in surveying just a hand full of cities when each carrier has way more customers out there?

i just think doing an overall survey would show the exact numbers for all carriers and make it fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Uh-huh.

Fanboi much?

i guess it's quite easy to overlook the fact that not everybody has ****** service. I can tether with my 3GS with good 3g coverage. Then take my sim card out, go to Canada and get a Rogers sim card and do the same thing.

Can you do that with Verizon or T-Mobile? I think not! (t-mobile's 3g is not compatible with iphone). pfft not even worth it if i can't use 3G.
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-01-2009 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast