+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Customers Rate AT&T Worst Carrier in US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TooSlo You mean like Toyota, as an example, who has several manufacturing plants inside the US? I'll just go ahead and leave this link which details Toyota
...
  1. #41
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    You mean like Toyota, as an example, who has several manufacturing plants inside the US?

    I'll just go ahead and leave this link which details Toyota manufacturing facilities in Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Texas and West Virginia.

    So... are those automobiles not made in the US?

    Counterpoint - Does Ford only sell cars inside the US?

    Protip: The answer to the above questions is "no."
    dude, Toyota and BMW and all of those other cars you gave as an example are made by COMPANIES BASED in OTHER COUNTRIES, just because a product is made somewhere doesnt mean its from there
    FORD is an AMERICAN BASED company which is what makes it eligible for an AMERICAN bailout which is what techrider was saying
    Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    Thats why ford is the only car company that the us people don't have to bailout
    Toyota and BMW CAN'T be bailed out because they AREN'T AMERICAN
    So they don't really suit your purpose of using them as a counter example.
    Last edited by Ximpostrxx; 12-01-2009 at 10:07 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ximpostrxx For This Useful Post:

    techrider62 (12-01-2009)

  3. #42
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    My company pays for my device as part of my work benefits. Since we have a corp plan that I consolidated my phone line with, yes, I did move from a great Verizon connection to a subpar AT&T connection since it saves me well over $100/mo for service.

    Do I like my wife's iphone? Sure. She enjoys her toy as well. I sold mine and bought an HTC hero. Native tethering + 3G = everything I wanted out of a phone since I can tether to my laptop when not at home. Sure it's nice when I manage to actually get 3G service, but hey, at least I don't have to pay for it, right?

    So.... who's the sucker now?
    NOT ME apparently...as my iphone is a utility NOt a toy...as far as 3G?....yup. everywhere i go...well aside from the other 3% of the time that i dont. native tethering? who needs it?. ive got MYwi and PDAnet as a backup. dont pay any monthly services for those. wether at home, in the office, on a boat, in a bus, a car a truck a train a taxi a coffee shop.....wherever. i cAN get internet.
    killall Terminal[]

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to rhekt For This Useful Post:

    hollow0 (12-02-2009)

  5. #43
    Livin the iPhone Life Chase817's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,463
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts

    lets all be fwends :3








    jk, lets all fight about cell carriers and cars
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

  6. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Boker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    T-Mobile be legit with the iPhone.

  7. #45
    iPhoneaholic southfrisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts

    We appreciate and value all customer feedback. We learn from it and it helps us serve our customers better. Without question the surest indication of customer satisfaction is churn, or turnover. For the last quarter, our postpaid churn was just 1.17 percent.

    Could the reason for low churn be the fact that most of their iPhone customers jumped on with the iPhone 3G and are still six or more months out from their current contracts expiring? Me thinks so...

    Cell companies that just look at churn rates alone to make decisions based on if their customers are satisfied, seriously don't get it. There is more data behind low churn rates than just generalizing the reason they stay is that they are satisfied customers.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

  8. #46
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    438
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    dude, Toyota and BMW and all of those other cars you gave as an example are made by COMPANIES BASED in OTHER COUNTRIES, just because a product is made somewhere doesnt mean its from there
    FORD is an AMERICAN BASED company which is what makes it eligible for an AMERICAN bailout which is what techrider was saying

    Yeah, because no American company would ever ask another country for a bailout...

    ...oops Then there is that whole bit about the American employees, and how these production plants bring money into the US. You could also argue about how car companies which are able to keep afloat are providing a lifeline for the poorer Southern states.

    No worries mate! Just like the wars and atrocities that the US causes overseas. It's not wrong when the US does it, just when everyone else does!



    Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    Toyota and BMW CAN'T be bailed out because they AREN'T AMERICAN
    So they don't really suit your purpose of using them as a counter example.
    You might want to learn a little bit about Toyota in the US. They actually have some interesting information on their website, such as this little gem. I'm sure that the 35,000+ direct Toyota employees would appreciate your thought that they aren't really American employees. Why don't you break the news that all of their hard labor is all for those dirty j***?


    Seriously though, the only reason that the big American companies failed is because of unsustainable payments to former employees for things such as pensions and extended benefits. While this was something a company could offer in the "glory days" of American automobile production, it asphyxiated the companies from the inside. Ford took an incredibly large chance in passing on bailout money. Has it worked for them so far? Well, they won some accolades with the Fusion, but aside that, things are pretty bleak considering they are cutting Jaguar loose as soon as possible.

    The unions are what killed American automobile companies. Other companies such as BMW, VWAG, Toyota, they all pay their employees close to on-par to the union employees if you take into consideration cost of living. The lower long term overhead is what's allowing these companies to stay competitive in a downturned market. Can you argue that the recent Toyota/Lexus recalls have had a very negative impact on brand image and loyalty? Yes. Can you also look on a wider scale and see that VW/Audi has steadily been gaining both North American and Worldwide market share? Absolutely. VWAG is poised to become the largest auto company within the next 3-5 years. This is a company that has production facilities within the United States!

    It's really debating semantics at this point because there truly was no "single" point of failure. The American auto companies became too hard to sustain and in the end they fell. The same has happened with so many other companies over the last several years, it's just up to the current administration to deem which are "too large to fall." They get the best bailouts without even having to make incredible changes. Don't worry. The AIG execs that were bringing in multi-million dollar bonuses can still afford the Escalade for wifey-poo number 5.




    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    NOT ME apparently...as my iphone is a utility NOt a toy...as far as 3G?....yup. everywhere i go...well aside from the other 3% of the time that i dont. native tethering? who needs it?. ive got MYwi and PDAnet as a backup. dont pay any monthly services for those. wether at home, in the office, on a boat, in a bus, a car a truck a train a taxi a coffee shop.....wherever. i cAN get internet.
    So I don't have to hack a device to actually enable tethering? I don't have to pay for an application (unless you want to pirate it) to give me native tethering? It's helpful for me. I also don't pay anything extra to use my tethering. Sweet. I still come out ahead!

    I'm pleased that you can get 3G wherever you go. The area that I work and live in gets spotty coverage to say the least. Again, I only stay with AT&T because it saves me over $100/mo, and I still get all the bells and whistles that I would normally use on a cell line. The only problem is that things take forever to actually send on the EDGE network. Hopefully that will change someday and AT&T will build out their network, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

    I'm not attempting to convince anyone that AT&T is the big bad wolf, but when you hear this much ******** and moaning about constant service issues, there might just be a little weight in those words. Over on HoFo I don't see nearly as many threads bashing Verizon's service in comparison to AT&T.


    Now, off to bed. Need to get my beauty rest for a full day of work with a side of playing devil's advocate on several of my favorite forums.

  9. #47
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    222
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 29 Times in 13 Posts

    I live in Dallas, TX and I get dropped calls all the time. And this is there home base. Plus they took away my wife's upgrade after I merged her account with mine. I can go on and on. I'm switching to Verizon as soon as my contract is up with my unlocked iPhone. Thank you Dev team.

  10. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life mikerlx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,366
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    iPhone is just the best cellphone/smartphone and I would only got to AT&T to avoid unlocking and all the drama waiting for a new fw u lock. Edge is great and 3g is great if your coverage lucky but once the iPhone goes to other carriers in the USA then it will be less desirable as the Droid is really gaining in popularity on verizon.

  11. #49
    What's Jailbreak? vanik08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ********
    some idiot marketers drawed up that bs graph for verizion...idk about Verizion but AT&T is definitly better then T-Mobile and Sprint, i had tmobile, it sux, has no service in critical places, and sprint is total ******** with theire "4G". DONT RELY ON THIS SURVEY, if u do, ur an idiot

  12. #50
    Livin the iPhone Life rhekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,294
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 65 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post






    .......So I don't have to hack a device to actually enable tethering? I don't have to pay for an application (unless you want to pirate it) to give me native tethering? It's helpful for me. I also don't pay anything extra to use my tethering. Sweet. I still come out ahead!

    I'm pleased that you can get 3G wherever you go. The area that I work and live in gets spotty coverage to say the least. Again, I only stay with AT&T because it saves me over $100/mo, and I still get all the bells and whistles that I would normally use on a cell line. The only problem is that things take forever to actually send on the EDGE network. Hopefully that will change someday and AT&T will build out their network, but I'm definitely not holding my breath.

    I'm not attempting to convince anyone that AT&T is the big bad wolf, but when you hear this much ******** and moaning about constant service issues, there might just be a little weight in those words. Over on HoFo I don't see nearly as many threads bashing Verizon's service in comparison to AT&T.


    Now, off to bed. Need to get my beauty rest for a full day of work with a side of playing devil's advocate on several of my favorite forums.
    so let me get this straight...as quickly as possible...seeing as you need your beauty sleep to fully take care of your car analysis buisness......

    you dont like the iphone.....because, as you say, its just a toy.[compared to the HTC] and you dont like AT&T [the soul network carrying the iphone as of currently]...{US} and are only forced to use your iphone [wifes/aka..toy] due to your works forced plan....yet you still get all the bells and whistles as you state. devils advocate you are. no victory here...why did you sign up to this forum?
    killall Terminal[]

  13. #51
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    AT&T's 3G is PATHETIC! I get the same dB on my iPhone over AT&T 3G as I do with T-Mobile EDGE but it still shows 5 bars vs 3 bars with T-Mobile. The kicker, NO DROPPED CALLS on T-Mobile! AT&T = DROPPED CALLS! STATIC!

    Lovely

    Not

  14. #52
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    671
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 49 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    AT&T's 3G is PATHETIC! I get the same dB on my iPhone over AT&T 3G as I do with T-Mobile EDGE but it still shows 5 bars vs 3 bars with T-Mobile. The kicker, NO DROPPED CALLS on T-Mobile! AT&T = DROPPED CALLS! STATIC!
    lol i'm glad i'm not on your end. AT&T 3G speeds are far more higher in speeds than t-mobile's EDGE. I went from boring and slow ***** t-mobile to fast AT&T 3G. And it's quite noticeable! And i really hate walking around hearing radios and speakers buzz because of Edge connections lol so lame..

    Maybe someday if i ever feel the need to save money and not enjoy half the speed i'll choose t-mobile.

  15. #53
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Default AT&T Voted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase817 View Post
    ATT is the bomb fyi. It is definitely the best carrier out there.

    EDIT: BRING ON THE FLAME!
    Jeez Chase817, you must be deaf and dumb! AT&T has been voted the worst by a large group of people...pull your head out of your *** and wake up!

  16. #54
    Livin the iPhone Life tudtran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Foco, Colorado
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts

    LOL. AT&T suck!!!!!

  17. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Well it's obvious that Verizon would win the battle..the comparison is common knowledge since their coverage map is pretty much the entire US. So comparing them to any other carrier is pointless.

    As for my experiences..i was with T-Mobile before and right now my service with AT&T is a whole lot better than it was with T-Mobile. You can say what you want about them but not everyone has bad services with them and do have great reception. It just really depends on your area...which leads to my next question..what were the 26 cities surveyed? and instead of having 26 cities why not survey the entire US? There should be a survey of the entire US for each carrier. That's how we'll see the true customer experiences. What's the point in surveying just a hand full of cities when each carrier has way more customers out there?

    i just think doing an overall survey would show the exact numbers for all carriers and make it fair.



    i guess it's quite easy to overlook the fact that not everybody has ****** service. I can tether with my 3GS with good 3g coverage. Then take my sim card out, go to Canada and get a Rogers sim card and do the same thing.

    Can you do that with Verizon or T-Mobile? I think not! (t-mobile's 3g is not compatible with iphone). pfft not even worth it if i can't use 3G.
    What are you talking about can't use 3G with tmobile? Still using 3G? Move on to the 4G club.

    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    lol i'm glad i'm not on your end. AT&T 3G speeds are far more higher in speeds than t-mobile's EDGE. I went from boring and slow ***** t-mobile to fast AT&T 3G. And it's quite noticeable! And i really hate walking around hearing radios and speakers buzz because of Edge connections lol so lame..

    Maybe someday if i ever feel the need to save money and not enjoy half the speed i'll choose t-mobile.

    In my office, I am surrounded by all 3G iPhones on ATT network. I put my tmobile EDGE to a speed test with all of their phones and my EDGE can load webpages just as fast as their 3G netowkr. This is good for me and embrassing for them becuase of ATT's weak coverage in our area for some reason (Zip code 95054, Santa Clara, Heart of Silicon Valley)
    Last edited by snap1500; 12-02-2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #56
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    In areas with no congestion problems AT&T is just fine, but seriously. Come to Las Vegas and try to use your iPhone on the strip. I have WiFi at my home where I spend the majority of the time and not having 3G is just fine for me. Besides the fact that I get 300-400 down with "5 bars" of 3G in a 3G service area, it's beyond sad.

    I just checked the coverage map for Santa Clara and I can't believe it, why the F is it so spotty? That is a large area, and Apple HQ is located in the same area..
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 12-02-2009 at 01:27 AM.

    Lovely

    Not

  19. #57
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    so let me get this straight...as quickly as possible...seeing as you need your beauty sleep to fully take care of your car analysis buisness......

    you dont like the iphone.....because, as you say, its just a toy.[compared to the HTC] and you dont like AT&T [the soul network carrying the iphone as of currently]...{US} and are only forced to use your iphone [wifes/aka..toy] due to your works forced plan....yet you still get all the bells and whistles as you state. devils advocate you are. no victory here...why did you sign up to this forum?
    read

  20. #58
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    lol i'm glad i'm not on your end. AT&T 3G speeds are far more higher in speeds than t-mobile's EDGE. I went from boring and slow ***** t-mobile to fast AT&T 3G. And it's quite noticeable! And i really hate walking around hearing radios and speakers buzz because of Edge connections lol so lame..

    Maybe someday if i ever feel the need to save money and not enjoy half the speed i'll choose t-mobile.
    YES, Now AT&T isn't really f*****G slow...
    it's just f*****g slow!

  21. #59
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    You mean like Toyota, as an example, who has several manufacturing plants inside the US?

    I'll just go ahead and leave this link which details Toyota manufacturing facilities in Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Texas and West Virginia.

    So... are those automobiles not made in the US?

    Counterpoint - Does Ford only sell cars inside the US?

    Protip: The answer to the above questions is "no."
    Dont forget california, which recently closed.....sad day.

  22. #60
    Green Apple jabregousmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    97
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    everyone keeps talking about what cities were surveyed, which i agree with. but also, what phones are the customers using, how old are their phones, what condition were their phones in? and again, it all depends on your area too. some providers have better and/or worse coverage in different areas of cities. How do they measure messaging? just price? or the amount of messages they didnt receive or that didnt send? just a lot of variables. oh, and btw consumer reports sucks. i have also worked at a large electronics store for a few years and every time a customer brought one in or mentioned it, i told them to look at the model #'s and they were a few months old. most of CR's surveys are biased and mainly based on price, not quality. MY 2 CENTS

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts