+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Customers Rate AT&T Worst Carrier in US

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by hollow0 Well it's obvious that Verizon would win the battle..the comparison is common knowledge since their coverage map is pretty much the entire US. So comparing them
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Well it's obvious that Verizon would win the battle..the comparison is common knowledge since their coverage map is pretty much the entire US. So comparing them to any other carrier is pointless.

As for my experiences..i was with T-Mobile before and right now my service with AT&T is a whole lot better than it was with T-Mobile. You can say what you want about them but not everyone has bad services with them and do have great reception. It just really depends on your area...which leads to my next question..what were the 26 cities surveyed? and instead of having 26 cities why not survey the entire US? There should be a survey of the entire US for each carrier. That's how we'll see the true customer experiences. What's the point in surveying just a hand full of cities when each carrier has way more customers out there?

i just think doing an overall survey would show the exact numbers for all carriers and make it fair.
    Isn't Verizon only 3G, while AT&T has 3G+EDGE? Mean, to the average idiot who doesn't know how to read the bottom part, thats the conclusion 0.0

No offense to anyone, im concluding we all know this already.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jalexis4192 View Post
    Isn't Verizon only 3G, while AT&T has 3G+EDGE? Mean, to the average idiot who doesn't know how to read the bottom part, thats the conclusion 0.0

No offense to anyone, im concluding we all know this already.
    That's why i said comparing Verizon to any other carrier is pointless because of their coverage map. It's pretty much almost the entire US.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's why i said comparing Verizon to any other carrier is pointless because of their coverage map. It's pretty much almost the entire US.
    Had to read again to get that lol, Sorry, but yeah, average user doesn't know that so they say Verizon is better, today we had a discussion in class about how Verizon has no coverage in some areas, and AT&T has EDGE or 3G. Which is... uhhh dono, i say it proves Verizon isn't as high on the pedestal as people like to put it, because, yeah, if iphone had gone to Verizon first, all the complains would be about how the network sucks and such. Least with AT&T if theres no 3G, you have EDGE and its of some use

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jalexis4192 View Post
    Had to read again to get that lol, Sorry, but yeah, average user doesn't know that so they say Verizon is better, today we had a discussion in class about how Verizon has no coverage in some areas, and AT&T has EDGE or 3G. Which is... uhhh dono, i say it proves Verizon isn't as high on the pedestal as people like to put it, because, yeah, if iphone had gone to Verizon first, all the complains would be about how the network sucks and such. Least with AT&T if theres no 3G, you have EDGE and its of some use
    It's all good lol. i was confused at first though. But, Verizon does have EDGE as their secondary use. In my class i have 2 friends that have T-mobile and Verizon. Both trash talk AT&T and yet at school they have EDGE and i'm the only one with 3G. LMAO. So i sit there and tether when the school network goes down

i told one of them they can borrow my connection if they want lol.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    Thats why ford is the only car company that the us people don't have to bailout
    You mean like BMW, VWAG, Toyota, Subaru, etc?

You might want to remember that all of those companies have production facilities inside the US.

Don't worry, I know it's easy to read what's spoonfed by places such as Faux News.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Uh-huh.

Fanboi much?

That's like saying "The F-150 is the best selling truck in America!"

I suppose it's quite easy to overlook the fact that both Ford and AT&T put out a ****** product.
    if your saying that im a fan of AT&T....then YES. if your also saying that im a boy?...as in male. as in a man....then also yes...NOw let me get this STRAIGHT.... your on verizon right now i take it? YOUr using your iphone on verizons network? so what your saying is that your iphone gets better coverage on your CDMA verizon connection? is this what your saYING? or are you SAYING that you had SUCH A GREAT connection with verizon that you subsequently JUST DECIDED to switch onto AT&T's terrible network. is this what your saying? and DONT tell me you switched because of the iphone...because I DIDNT! and dont try to slip out of the fact that you could have used an unlock for many other networks out there...WHOS the fanboi now?
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i guess it's quite easy to overlook the fact that not everybody has ****** service. I can tether with my 3GS with good 3g coverage. Then take my sim card out, go to Canada and get a Rogers sim card and do the same thing.

Can you do that with Verizon or T-Mobile? I think not! (t-mobile's 3g is not compatible with iphone). pfft not even worth it if i can't use 3G.
    Well, I guess it would be nice if you actually had 3G service where you live/work/play. Since the only place I've seen AT&T service regularly with 3G was in Seattle. If you're trying to get decent service anywhere within the metro area, good luck without walking outside just to get service.

BTW: Verizon has worldphones that are hybrid chips and in fact do have the ability to use SIM cards as well. Sorry to ruin your argument.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have had Sprint and AT&T and they both had great cell service. But what I have found out since I made the move to AT&T is that not only is the cell service great but the customer service is too. Sprint sucked and that is why made the switch. Plus you can't always trust what Consumer Reports says. I have been working at a very big electronic store for almost seven years now and everyone that brings in a Consumer Reports magazine end up finding out that they are usually wrong in their findings on electronics.

Thanks

This is my second go round with ATT and it's better now, but I do miss Tmobile's customer service. They were friendlier and more helpful than ATT. I ported back to ATT just for the 3GS.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    if your saying that im a fan of AT&T....then YES. if your also saying that im a boy?...as in male. as in a man....then also yes...NOw let me get this STRAIGHT.... your on verizon right now i take it? YOUr using your iphone on verizons network? so what your saying is that your iphone gets better coverage on your CDMA verizon connection? is this what your saYING? or are you SAYING that you had SUCH A GREAT connection with verizon that you subsequently JUST DECIDED to switch onto AT&T's terrible network. is this what your saying? and DONT tell me you switched because of the iphone...because I DIDNT! and dont try to slip out of the fact that you could have used an unlock for many other networks out there...WHOS the fanboi now?
    My company pays for my device as part of my work benefits. Since we have a corp plan that I consolidated my phone line with, yes, I did move from a great Verizon connection to a subpar AT&T connection since it saves me well over $100/mo for service.

Do I like my wife's iphone? Sure. She enjoys her toy as well. I sold mine and bought an HTC hero. Native tethering + 3G = everything I wanted out of a phone since I can tether to my laptop when not at home. Sure it's nice when I manage to actually get 3G service, but hey, at least I don't have to pay for it, right?

So.... who's the sucker now?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TooSlo For This Useful Post:

sebgonz (12-02-2009)

Thanks

Well, I guess it would be nice if you actually had 3G service where you live/work/play. Since the only place I've seen AT&T service regularly with 3G was in Seattle. If you're trying to get decent service anywhere within the metro area, good luck without walking outside just to get service.
    Not my experience. I get great 3G service in Tacoma through Olympia. I haven't traveled outside of the South Sound since I've come back to ATT so I can't really say how it is north of Federal Way.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Not my experience. I get great 3G service in Tacoma through Olympia. I haven't traveled outside of the South Sound since I've come back to ATT so I can't really say how it is north of Federal Way.
    I could only wish that were the case for me. Living in Bellevue, I suffer from the congestion of a major MS campus just down the hill from where I live (Redmond campus) and unfortunately I work just next to the Eastgate campus.

Since MS has corp plans that use AT&T as their service provider, as well as one of the major WinMo development centers being in Redmond can cause incredible issues with oversaturation. If I'm out eating, it's safer for me to turn off 3G if I want to make a call because I'll often get a "connection unavailable" type message. It's frustrating to say the least.

Again, I can't speak for south of the Eastside, but this area is terrible.

Thanks

You mean like BMW, VWAG, Toyota, Subaru, etc?

You might want to remember that all of those companies have production facilities inside the US.

Don't worry, I know it's easy to read what's spoonfed by places such as Faux News.
    Us companys not cars made in the us.Not the same thing.

Thanks

Lol, I haven't had a single problem with AT&T ever. 3G service wherever I go, fast internet, and the greatest smartphone on the market. If the iPhone was opened up to every carrier, I would pick AT&T.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have no issue with AT&T either

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

honestly i'd like to know what area(s) of the US they surveyed because I live in the NJ-NY-CT tri-state area and I commute everyday from North-ish NJ to NYC and the AT&T service I experienced when I initially had them with my iphone was GREAT as far as service as it was with the 3G iphone when I had them for that. I now have t-mo =[ and I hate it... the cell phone service rankings in my book go as follows:
    1. Verizon
    2. AT&T
    3. Sprint
    4. T-Mobile

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techrider62 View Post
    Us companys not cars made in the us.Not the same thing.
    You mean like Toyota, as an example, who has several manufacturing plants inside the US?

I'll just go ahead and leave this link which details Toyota manufacturing facilities in Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Texas and West Virginia.

So... are those automobiles not made in the US?

Counterpoint - Does Ford only sell cars inside the US?

Protip: The answer to the above questions is "no."

Thanks

BTW: Verizon has worldphones that are hybrid chips and in fact do have the ability to use SIM cards as well. Sorry to ruin your argument.
    you haven't ruined any argument and i would prefer to use an iPhone over a blackberry world phone or some other phone that i'm not impressed with. I have 3G where i live, work, and play so it's good for me. Because it's not for you doesn't mean they are the worst.

We are all entitled to our own opinions so whatever floats your boat!
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-01-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I love being on T-Mobile with my iPhone, it's cheaper than being on AT&T and having one! I pay 5.99 a month for my media/data plan Sure the network might not be as good as Verizon (who really is everywhere) and I can't use 3G, but Edge speed is good enough for me. Navigon runs really well as I drive around, its not slow or anything. So it really just depends on where you are when it comes to AT&T and T-Mobile.

Thanks

You mean like Toyota, as an example, who has several manufacturing plants inside the US?

I'll just go ahead and leave this link which details Toyota manufacturing facilities in Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Texas and West Virginia.

So... are those automobiles not made in the US?

Counterpoint - Does Ford only sell cars inside the US?

Protip: The answer to the above questions is "no."
    why are we talking about cars? This is about cellular service not automobiles :/

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I love being on T-Mobile with my iPhone, it's cheaper than being on AT&T and having one! I pay 5.99 a month for my media/data plan Sure the network might not be as good as Verizon (who really is everywhere) and I can't use 3G, but Edge speed is good enough for me. Navigon runs really well as I drive around, its not slow or anything. So it really just depends on where you are when it comes to AT&T and T-Mobile.
    you've got to be kidding me! i had the 1st gen iPhone with t-mobile for almost a year and i got so tired of EDGE connection. It's soo freaking slow. and yeah i had that whole t-zones for 5.99 but it was nothing compared to what i have now. i know i pay extra now but it's worth it to me and the speeds i have now make it worth while.

But hey if it works for you then more power to you!

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    lol i like how you put that together!
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-01-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to hollow0 For This Useful Post:

rhekt (12-01-2009)