Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Make Video Calls on your iPhone with Fring

I got my first phone capable of making video calls over 6 years ago. Since then I think I have made 2, maybe 3 video calls. It really isn't something that appeals to me.

But if you are in the UK and most other countries I would assume, VOIP on your phone will almost certainly be specifically excluded from your data plan. They don't seem very sophisticated in the USA but in the UK using VOIP more than very ocasionally (in which case you might get away with it) will almost certainly be picked up and if you get either a very large bill or have your phone cut off and a very large bill then you really don't have much of a leg to stand on.

I would be very careful using 3GUnrestrictor for this - just because it can be done doesn't mean you should do it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

This will be cool with the next iPhone. For now it's pretty much useless. It's almost like taking a video and then posting sending it in an MMS... its only one way and there is no front facing cam anyway.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

doesnt work for me, displays a no video sign.

Default Not working
    Not working Skype to my 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomi View Post
    Not working Skype to my 3G.
    If you mean on 3G, you need to install 3G Unrestrictor from Cydia.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    This will be cool with the next iPhone. For now it's pretty much useless. It's almost like taking a video and then posting sending it in an MMS... its only one way and there is no front facing cam anyway.
    You would think these things would be a no-brainer.

I am not sure if what I am going to post is illegal or wrong, but, I must share it, in Cydia, just look for VoIPOver3G, install it and let you use the 3G network in skype, as well the fring, sooo, you can test it

I just test it using the 3g network, my 3gs 32 gb Iphone, accepts video, but I am still not able to send, does it is supposed to send video as well to receive???
    Last edited by famleon69; 12-15-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: more data

Not illegal or wrong, we all use it. You can also use 3GUnrestrictor

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

VoIP is specifically prohibited by my data plan so I certainly won't use it. But I'm on T-Mobile.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ddfilms View Post
    Heres what it looks like in Action!!

actually pretty cool. Works well with 3G unrestrictor.
    What device is sending the video to your iphone/or ipod touch in the attached pic?...is it a webcam or nokia phone etc?

Quote Originally Posted by modmyiguy View Post
    What device is sending the video to your iphone/or ipod touch in the attached pic?...is it a webcam or nokia phone etc?
    That is his iPhones screen, the video coming from the camera on his iphone and the screen shot taken with this method:

How to Take a Screenshot of your iPhone

1.Push down on the Home Button and Power button simultaneously and release. You will hear a snapshot sound.

2. Browse your Photos app to browse your screenshot.

Default Thanks
    Thanks for good info

Fring Video Call only works if your friend Successfully Registered with Fring ,Now Fring no longer Supporting Skype Video Call
    Last edited by msmanikandan; 07-15-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

But u can still video call a fring user direct instead of Skype...just add their fring username instead...but this is an old thread my friend

It maybe an old thread but reviving old threads is a well known way of getting people to visit the links in your sig which no one would visit otherwise....

I have links on my Sig?

Not you - but you didn't revive this thread!

Aaaah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12