+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Qualcomm in Talks with Apple for 2010 iPhone?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by politicalslug What's up with the title. You clearly state in the article that there isn't even the slightest possibility that this hybrid chip will be released in
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politicalslug View Post
    What's up with the title. You clearly state in the article that there isn't even the slightest possibility that this hybrid chip will be released in the next iteration of the iPhone. Clearly 2011 is the earliest reasonable target, as you state yourself. Why then call the article "Qualcomm in Talks with Apple for 2010 iPhone?". Why not change the 2010 to 2011?
    "in talks" moron. The title doesn't mention that it was going to come out in 2010. It only mentions of "talks" quit being such a jacka$$!

Quote Originally Posted by THEINFAMOUS View Post
    there's a summer 2010 iphone release???
    uhhh....yeahh..??? Surely you must have known this!
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-30-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    "in talks" moron. The title doesn't mention that it was going to come out in 2010.
    Uhh, yes it does.

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

The chip will not be released this summer. Hopefull (if this rumor is even true) it will be released the summer of '11. But still, imagine the possibilities of this technology and what it would do for the iPhone. And if this chip was installed, and say Apple only let AT&T and Verizon have the iPhone, you could unlock it to virtually ANY carrier out there. Pretty fancy stuff huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Do you want to freak out some more?....geez! What happened to politely asking about something. Instead you jump straight to criticizing and slamming his post. He's doing you a service by searching this stuff out and posting on the site, maybe show a little gratitude.

Anyway! This sounds pretty cool, one phone fits all kind of thing.
    I wasn't freaking out. This site does me a service, but he's just doing his job. Forgive me if I don't kiss his feet for writing a brief article with an inaccurate title. This was posted days ago on Engadget so it's nothing new. If it makes you feel good to needlessly kiss the asses of those who are getting paid to write occasional meager articles, then by all means, do so. I won't. I'll just point out the faults in their work when I feel the need to. Get over yourself. The writer hasn't done much, if anything, for the community. If I give praise, it'll be to those in the community that deserve it: Geohot, dev-team, saurik, etc.

"in talks" moron. The title doesn't mention that it was going to come out in 2010. It only mentions of "talks" quit being such a jacka$$!

The content of the article is accurate. The title is not: "Qualcomm in Talks with Apple for 2010 iPhone?" The title implicitly states the possibility of a 2010 iPhone with this chip, which the article itself explicitly contradicts, hence why the title is inaccurate. Between the title and the body are only a couple hundred words, and yet I'm the moron? This is all confusing you, isn't it?
    Last edited by politicalslug; 12-01-2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I wasn't freaking out. This site does me a service, but he's just doing his job. Forgive me if I don't kiss his feet for writing a brief article with an inaccurate title. This was posted days ago on Engadget so it's nothing new. If it makes you feel good to needlessly kiss the asses of those who are getting paid to write occasional meager articles, then by all means, do so. I won't. I'll just point out the faults in their work when I feel the need to. Get over yourself. The writer hasn't done much, if anything, for the community. If I give praise, it'll be to those in the community that deserve it: Geohot, dev-team, saurik, etc.

The content of the article is accurate. The title is not: "Qualcomm in Talks with Apple for 2010 iPhone?" The title implicitly states the possibility of a 2010 iPhone with this chip, which the article itself explicitly contradicts, hence why the title is inaccurate. Between the title and the body are only a couple hundred words, and yet I'm the moron? This is all confusing you, isn't it?
    I think you're confusing yourself. Again the title states "in talks" it does not state specifically that there is a model coming out in 2010. It's not that hard to figure out. And yes you are still a moron.

Thanks

"Qualcomm in Talks with Apple for 2010 iPhone?"

i do believe this is exactly hows its written. [notice the question mark at the end^] which means, maybe? maybe not? more than likely NOT for 2010. but then again maybe.
    killall Terminal[]

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you're confusing yourself. Again the title states "in talks" it does not state specifically that there is a model coming out in 2010. It's not that hard to figure out. And yes you are still a moron.
    I guess you are that stupid. I said the title IMPLICITLY states its a possibility for 2010. I also said the article EXPLICITLY negates that.

That's the title of the article, right? And the article EXPLICITLY states there are no talks for 2010, because the this chip couldn't be ready for sale until at least the end of 2010 - early 2011 at the earliest. Do you understand? There are no talks for 2010, because there is no product to talk about in that time frame. Its not remotely a possibility, which the article explicitly states. Browse on over to dictionary.com and learn the difference between "implicit" and "explicit".

Where is the confusion?

Thanks

What details do u know about this release

Thanks

I guess you are that stupid. I said the title IMPLICITLY states its a possibility for 2010. I also said the article EXPLICITLY negates that.

That's the title of the article, right? And the article EXPLICITLY states there are no talks for 2010, because the this chip couldn't be ready for sale until at least the end of 2010 - early 2011 at the earliest. Do you understand? There are no talks for 2010, because there is no product to talk about in that time frame. Its not remotely a possibility, which the article explicitly states. Browse on over to dictionary.com and learn the difference between "implicit" and "explicit".

Where is the confusion?
    Using common sense after reading the title one would assume that their might not be a possibility. The title states it and so does the article within the first or so paragraph. That Is all to be said. You can continue on with your little nerd rage but I'm done with you. I'm going to continue living my life.

Quote Originally Posted by THEINFAMOUS View Post
    What details do u know about this release
    We don't know any specific details about what the phone will have yet, but from past releases apple has released new versions of it's iPhone every June/July. That is the annual quarter release for that product.
    Last edited by hollow0; 12-02-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12