Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: India Bringing "Death" to 25 Million Chinese Phones Tomorrow

I hope they recycle their dead phones properly . Thats a lot of hazardous waste to be hitting the landfills .

Sounds like AT&T testing their new 'force you into another 2 yr contract' plan...

Thanks

Explain to us how this is considered terrorism?
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Actually, not all of those Chinese made phones are of bad quality.

A neighbour of mine, having worked in China for many years, showed me his collection of Chinese phones. One that he showed me is really the best quality phone I have ever seen. It is not a smartphone though but an extremely classy, elegant phone with superb materials. He told me that it is a limited edition phone.

So, hardware wise, they know how to make good quality phones if you're willing to pay for it. Also, don't forget all iPhones are made in China.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 11-30-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    ^^They are only terrorists if they jailbreak their phones
    ^^ LMAO! you said it bro
    killall Terminal[]

Just to clarify:
    1) In India all sim cards whether on billing or pay as you go require ID proof before they are activated. You cannot pick them up off the shelf and use them.
    2) IMEI numbers can be used to trace the phones location whenever it is used. That is why phones without IMEI are now banned in India.
    3) Terrorism is rampant in our side of the world. Maybe in the US or Europe you may not see it on a daily basis. However here we have to be constantly alert.
    4) No system is foolproof, however at least the govt has to try and close as many security holes as possible.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of dead phones. It's kind of like our changing from analog TV's here, which was a pain for a lot of ppl, especially when it came down to the last couple days.
    Yes and if you have cable you had to go back about 30 years from a technology standpoint and have a cable box on every TV , including those that were "cable ready". So the great leap in tech dumbs down all the features of my TV to whatever the cable box will support.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    Why does everything always lead back to terrorism?
    It's the best excuse for rapid funding and acting out a mission with little obstacles from political and public general.
    ~0okami

Quote Originally Posted by zedeff View Post
    Just to clarify:
    1) In India all sim cards whether on billing or pay as you go require ID proof before they are activated. You cannot pick them up off the shelf and use them.
    2) IMEI numbers can be used to trace the phones location whenever it is used. That is why phones without IMEI are now banned in India.
    3) Terrorism is rampant in our side of the world. Maybe in the US or Europe you may not see it on a daily basis. However here we have to be constantly alert.
    4) No system is foolproof, however at least the govt has to try and close as many security holes as possible.
    Still, what is to stop someone with the know-how from changing their IMEI? I would think at least some terrrorists would be capable of such a thing if they didn't want to be tracked so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by szr View Post
    Still, what is to stop someone with the know-how from changing their IMEI? I would think at least some terrrorists would be capable of such a thing if they didn't want to be tracked so easily.
    It is illegal to change the IMEI on phones in most countries - not sure about India, but it is not that easy now - with the 2G ican be done but not, AFAIK the 3G.
    Even if it could be done it stops people just buying phones and using them - keep an eye out in your local small adds for 'Terrorist group seeks experienced IMEI changer, no salary but rewards in heaven'
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12