Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone "3,1" Suggests Significant Hardware Change?

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    It would be cool if apple put one of those new mobile i7's in the iPhone and iTouch.
    With a high end laptop battery the mobile core i7 gets about 2-3 hrs of usage tops. Yes the performance is great but its for laptops not mobile devices. With the iPhone battery you would be dead right after booting the phone and launching 1 app. Though it would launch very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    The Pre uses a Tegra chip and hasn't exactly done much to show it off...

The Zune Hd uses a Tegra chip and once again...nothing spectacular.
    The Pre uses a TI CPU. I think it's the same as the 3GS...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'll update every year until I can't afford it. Paid $500 for my 3GS and ditched my 3G. Already saving up another $500 for the next iPhone.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds interesting despite apple saying new models would be defined by software not hardware
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I'll update every year until I can't afford it. Paid $500 for my 3GS and ditched my 3G. Already saving up another $500 for the next iPhone.
    Lol'd

Thanks

I don't know about a significant hardware change. I wanna see a Verizon iPhone.

Maybe a better battery, 64GB.
    Last edited by tudtran; 11-29-2009 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    WOW.. $500? how come you paid so much for yours? Did you buy it off contract? i paid only about 338 for my 32gb 3G[S]. No point in using it with T-mobile as their network sucks. and they have more dead 3g spots than at&t..so i'm with at&t.

Quote Originally Posted by rwin84 View Post
    sounds interesting despite apple saying new models would be defined by software not hardware
    is this true? because it would prob make sense since the current iPhone is still quite fast.
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-29-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey ROTA, why would you even consider ANDROID...they hardly have any APPS?!
    And as we all know, jailbreaking, APPS availability (Itunes or CYDIA), and the functionality of the iphone are why we buy it!

An Apple Exec stated that their plans are to release a new model once a year so the fact that they are testing a new model shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
    Is the model number significant? It suggests a major hardware change (snapdragon?) but the iPhone seems to evolve rather than revolutionise.
    The 3GS was a great upgrade for 2G owners but probably not worth 3G owners upgrading (especially those on 2 year contracts). I expect the next one to be tempting enough for 3G users to stay with the iPhone but not so good that 3GS owners are p!ssed off.
    Now we have another 7 months of people saying what they want from the new iPhone (maybe we should just cut and paste from the 3GS speculation)only for most of the rumours to prove unfounded.
    Unless something changes dramatically between then and now though, the 4th Gen will probably be my next phone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Hollow0 that's the early upgrade price. $499 plus tax. Unsubbed tax. Mine was $560. Had all the iPhones and I'll get this one too. Good thing about buying them as soon as they come out. Is last year AT&T let the early adoptors from the year before buy them at the subsidized price. So this year I made sure I bought it before sept 30. They will offer the same thing for this phone. And I will get it for the subsidized price. Even
    though my 3G[S] will only be a year old.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let's just hope they don't make it impossible to jailbreak. I'll wait to buy one until I know that it can be jailbroken. If it takes too long to jailbreak, I'll probably switch to Android. I love how they make it so easy to install custom apps and they don't fight open source development.

I still love my iPhone, but I'm getting tired of Apple and their Nazi-esque chokehold on what the phone can "officially" do. In my opinion, without SBSettings, QuickReply and Winterboard the iPhone is only "okay". It's the Cydia and Rock apps that make it so great, and if they take those away then I'm switching to Android and giving Apple the middle finger as I walk away.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The iPhone can't support a faster processor with the current state that the battery is in. Double the thickness of the phone and put a real battery in it.

I am sticking with the 3GS as it is already jailbroken and is very fast. The only way I am upgrading is if they make a dramatic change in the OS that is only supported on the new phone(this is where they will get us).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Def waiting to upgrade till this summer. Hopefully a multi-core processor with more ram for multi tasking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    An Apple Exec stated that their plans are to release a new model once a year so the fact that they are testing a new model shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.
    Is the model number significant? It suggests a major hardware change (snapdragon?) but the iPhone seems to evolve rather than revolutionise.
    The 3GS was a great upgrade for 2G owners but probably not worth 3G owners upgrading (especially those on 2 year contracts). I expect the next one to be tempting enough for 3G users to stay with the iPhone but not so good that 3GS owners are p!ssed off.
    Now we have another 7 months of people saying what they want from the new iPhone (maybe we should just cut and paste from the 3GS speculation)only for most of the rumours to prove unfounded.
    Unless something changes dramatically between then and now though, the 4th Gen will probably be my next phone.
    As an iPhone 3G[S] owner, i'm not even the slightest bit pissed off. I think the 3G[S] works fine the way it is. The only thing i'm concerned about or looking forward to is the OS itself. What will they improve upon or add? The demand is loud and clear and the competition voices it proudly. Apple has to step it up in the next firmware to stay ahead of the game.

Android is nice but there's no way i can downgrade to an Android OS after using the iPhone lol. Like one user said we have jailbreak and that works just fine with all the different enhancements. It's just not the same on Android despite all the craze of their little widgets screens...which they need cuz they max out at 3 pages.. and multitasking..which is offered with jailbreak..so what is it in Android? Open developement? I've seen nothing improve with their OS.. only people downloading ROMS. Yeah that's fun... >.>

ehh just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
    Hollow0 that's the early upgrade price. $499 plus tax. Unsubbed tax. Mine was $560. Had all the iPhones and I'll get this one too. Good thing about buying them as soon as they come out. Is last year AT&T let the early adoptors from the year before buy them at the subsidized price. So this year I made sure I bought it before sept 30. They will offer the same thing for this phone. And I will get it for the subsidized price. Even
    though my 3G[S] will only be a year old.
    ahh yess i remember that now. But that was only offered to those customers that pay $100+ in bills with them per month. If the phone is that great next year maybe i'll upgrade...
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-30-2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

well i get a 15% discount through work so its not all bad and my contract runs out next november just in time for the iphone hype to die down and possibly a jailbreak to be released, was gonna buy the 3gs but figured why?, when in a year there should be something better out and hopefully this is it!
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    yeah i'm deff looking at upgrading this come around. Despite loss of jailbreak for a little while.
    Because of the loss of jailbreak at first, I'll be screwed on the price (I always buy off craigslist, but if I wait till after 4g is released, I'll get way less for my 3GS than if I sold proactively). But it also keeps me happy because even though I'll be jealous, I'll know that mine's better with it's jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by k2snowboards88 View Post
    I'm hoping for a higher resolution screen first and foremost. Then native multitasking. If it doesn't get the wvga screen, then I will probably be going to android. wm7 maybe?
    Higher resolution screen would end up creating 2 appstores, essentially instantly making all previous iphones completely obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    I'll probably upgrade once a jailbreak appears, or I'll get an Android phone. Time will tell.
    I'm thinking the same, minus the android part, I'm just too used to my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Now I regret buying the 3GS, should have just stuck with my iPhone 2G
    Always happens like this, don't worry about it, just wait for the next gen like I might have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiserai View Post
    Let's just hope they don't make it impossible to jailbreak. I'll wait to buy one until I know that it can be jailbroken. If it takes too long to jailbreak, I'll probably switch to Android. I love how they make it so easy to install custom apps and they don't fight open source development.

I still love my iPhone, but I'm getting tired of Apple and their Nazi-esque chokehold on what the phone can "officially" do. In my opinion, without SBSettings, QuickReply and Winterboard the iPhone is only "okay". It's the Cydia and Rock apps that make it so great, and if they take those away then I'm switching to Android and giving Apple the middle finger as I walk away.

AMEN!!!! Preach on!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecd5000 View Post
    well i get a 15% discount through work so its not all bad and my contract runs out next november just in time for the iphone hype to die down and possibly a jailbreak to be released, was gonna buy the 3gs but figured why?, when in a year there should be something better out and hopefully this is it!
    You could wait but i came from a 2g iPhone and skipped the 3G. The 3G just didn't do it for me. The 3G[S] is great but like always there will be another model. So even when you get yours next summer there will be another better model the year after to which the new 3G[S] owners will update too. It's a vicious cycle..but i love it!

Thanks

I hope the next iPhone will have a size screen of a htc HD2 that's a nice size screen..more ram/front cam/flash..you got a winner

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I would not even consider upgrading to a new generation iphone unless a jailbreak comes out for it (if a jailbreak comes out for it that is). Apple is too restrictive with how they let there software is used. Just being able to run programs in the background is a must for me! And tethering? Love tethering especially when i am on an 8 Hour watch at work with nothing better to do than answer an emegency phone! Plus i just bought a 3gs 2 months ago. So no UPGRADE for me either way!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast