+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Exclusivity to End in June: Report

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I would not want the iphone on verizon... CDMA SUCKS!
    iPhone? More like MyPhone imilad's Avatar
    Thanks

I would not want the iphone on verizon... CDMA SUCKS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darwina View Post
    Yeah... I hope so. I'd like to see a phone bill under $80. I don't use the minutes I have, mostly text and data because I have no real friends :P I could only hope there'd be some competitive packages out there.
    Me too. I have almost 4,000 roll over minutes that I haven't touched.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good for them. Get some of these people off my AT&T towers. I could use a speed burst.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree no problems with AT&T. I had Verizon, switched to AT&T and I saved $25 per month thats freakin' $300 per year savings for me. After the iPhone I save $15 per month now. Plus after 2 years with Verizon my customer service experience was HORRIBLE. I am in the Nations Capitol and the coverage is the same. I don't experience any more dropped calls or dead zones either. Verizon's commercials are just silly. The grass isn't greener on the other side. Beside,s no carrier is "perfect" no matter how many pretty red maps they show you..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

Its not about which company is better, because Verizon is just little less expensive then AT&T, but if you have coverage in your area. For example, I have NO AT&T coverage in my area. At all. My dad has an iPhone (for work) and never gets any more then 3 bars and is constantly on Edge at home. But Verizon has 3G for miles around. And there are some places where AT&T has 3G everywhere, and Verizon no service at all. It just depends on where you live. So stop squabbling over which company is better, and just decide for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't Verizon's 4G going to be GSM? Not sure where I heard this, or if I dreamed it, but if that is true it IS possible that we would have a universal worldwide 4g service.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

What about the reports about VZW putting in LTE? Once they have LTE in won't that take care of the compatibility issues at least with a 4G iPhone?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JHoffy1 View Post

That being said, I'm not sure switching to Verizon when the iPhone is available will necessarily solve the drop calls or slow data service problem. I think this stems from the massive amount of data and calls that are made on AT&T because they have so many members, because of the iPhone.
    Congrats. You are literally one in tens of thousands of people that actually UNDERSTANDS this. IF Verizon gets an iphone I expect massive amounts of people swapping over to them and massive failures on their networks as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by eremeya View Post
    What about the reports about VZW putting in LTE? Once they have LTE in won't that take care of the compatibility issues at least with a 4G iPhone?
    Not sure what LTE is but I am thinking it is exactly what I was referring to
    Last edited by sziklassy; 11-23-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry the way I see this working, and also there's more incentives for Apple not to have multiple iPhones. Production costs. You see how the iphone did so well in Europe was everything is standardize. What one phone would work here would work with another. Their frequencies are the same. The FCC needs to stop regulation the frequencies or standardize them. So cellphone manufacturers don't have to make different phones to match carriers. It will ultimately kill "exclusive" deals. You could buy the handset out right and go to the carrier of your choice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

T-Mobile is the worst network ever!!! Switching to AT&T has been the best choice. I have no had dropped call problems or any of that stuff.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I see all of your AT&T complaints, and I can't understand them.

If you ever cross down the border to Mexico, use an iPhone with Telcel (which, btw, is the only official carrier)..

AT&T will never ever be ****** to you again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

Not sure what LTE is but I am thinking it is exactly what I was referring to

LTE is Long Term Evolution see [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution]3GPP Long Term Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    It looks like Verizon will be using band XII - which is in the 700Mhz range so another new one.

The ckue here, I think, is in the name Long Term Evolution. The Wiki article says somthing is due to be ratified in January 2009 so it looks like it hasn't been updated for a while - probably because nothing has happened.

Once all standards have been ratified (yes, I know there has been limited testing) I believe it will take many years before all the current UMTS towers can be updated - Verizon will need new towers so it is likely that the 4G coverage map could look very different.

While it is looking increasingly likely that LTE is the way forward to 4G I do not expect 4G to be widely available by next year - unless anyone in the know can tell us that existing towers are already 4G capable, in which case it is possible. If they are not and need to be updated then does anyone seriously think that this will happen by next year? And if it's not available then Apple are very unlikely to release a 4G iPhone by next year.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

the universal phone won't be ready until the end of next year according to reports..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sphangman View Post
    the universal phone won't be ready until the end of next year according to reports..
    What reports?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i just switched from a iPhone on T-Mobile to a iPhone 3GS on AT&T and I'm pretty happy with my service. only been getting dropped calls from my blackra1n jailbreak but other than that everything is working fine. I get full bars and my 3G speeds are 1.8 Mbps for download .34 Mbps for upload. and of course i like the fact that i can be on a call and use the internet at the same time.
    Last edited by SuperVee3; 11-24-2009 at 06:26 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    I wouldn't switch to Verizon if they had the iPhone. But I really hope it happens so it brings more competition. Maybe someday I'll switch my iPhone from unlimited T-mobile data ($10/month) to AT&T - granted they lower their data service price.
    You can get the data package for $10 on AT&T for the iPhone with a little work around.

As far as coverage goes it will always vary by your location. For those that get great coverage AT&T is great, but for those that don't get good AT&T coverage it would be a huge plus to be able to move over to another carrier with the iPhone.

I am in a position to where AT&T works best for my needs. Everywhere I travel so Verizon is most definitely not in my future.

Green Apple
    Thanks

This will not happen while Verizon is on CDMA. iPhone will not be on Verizon until LTE is ready. We have been talking about the iPhone on the Verizon network for 3 years. It's not gonna happen!!!

Because Verizon cannot do voice/data simultaneously the iPhone will not work well on their network. This is a major issue for the iPhone and I believe that it is "one" of the reasons Verizon did not get the iPhone and AT&T did.

Thanks

I love AT&T in my area I get good 3G but there plan price iSuck =\ text/mins..it's all good I use my iPhone mostly for data use.. Will wait on the news on 4G iPhone see if that will make me switch..supposedly that sprint has the 4G nextwork going on now..only time will tell..

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingDan View Post
    Kraziebone,
    I have t mobile and use the iPhone with no complaits

Why would you be happy on t-mobile when 3G doesnt work? EDGE only would be very slow and annoying.

Thanks

If Verizon gets the iphone U.S.A is going to be controlled by apps!!!!

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123