Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NoCyfresh Toggle for SBSettings - Disable Cydia Auto-Refresh

Default NoCyfresh Toggle for SBSettings - Disable Cydia Auto-Refresh

UPDATE: At ModMyi's discretion, we have decided that this package is unsafe as it replaces Cydia entirely. We have released an update to the package that allows you to remove this package. This is NOT released by the developer, this update is from ModMyi. You can still use this tweak at your own discretion, however we take no responsibility you run into problems with it.

One of the biggest pet peeves I have with Cydia is the constant refreshing that takes place. Not only does the app want to refresh after opening, it seems to also want to do a full refresh every time you add a source, or install a new app.

On my 3G, I probably spend over a minute just waiting to launch Cydia for the first time. Let alone the additional wait time if I am adding a source or new app.

Now, I'm sure this auto-refreshing is there for a good reason. However, sometimes It's just not necessary to do a full refresh. Until now, I had always wished there was a way to toggle this on and off.

Well now there is. iSpazio has released a toggle for SBSettings that will enable or disable the Auto-Refreshing performed in Cydia. This speeds up Cydia ten fold.

I anticipate lots of these little things will be address in the newest cydia update by @saurik, but in the meantime, those who want a little speed boost will take full advantage of this toggle.

Another win for the Jailbreak community!

UPDATE FROM DEVELOPER: HOLY CRAP!. I didn't realize so many people are interested in it. I will be submitting an update to modmyi repo shortly. I dont know who put it in iSpazio but that was not with my permission.

Ok submitted an update to modmyi this should help people having issues with the refresh still happening even though the toggle is on. Also the icons have been updated to be more clear.
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 12-06-2009 at 07:07 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

96hondaex (11-24-2009), Fallguy (11-22-2009), ifonemaniac (11-22-2009), Kukag (11-22-2009), matthew1111 (11-22-2009), mortopher (11-22-2009), musicguy303 (11-22-2009), reaves205 (11-22-2009), steverae (11-22-2009), therealbenfranklin (12-01-2009), Windmeel (11-22-2009)

There is a slight glitch in the app. When you disable or enable the auto-refresh toggle, there is no green/ red toggle to indicate whether the on or off. I'm sure this will be updated shortly!

Scratch that, seems to work fine for me showing on and off
    Last edited by Nick Hesson; 11-22-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Instaling now... thx

just saw this on cydia just now. i dont mind the refresh. [dont get me wrong, it sucks to wait] i like the idea though that everything is all current.
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    just saw this on cydia just now. i dont mind the refresh. [dont get me wrong, it sucks to wait] i like the idea though that everything is all current.
    hehe, thats why its a toggle and not a permanent removal of the auto-refresh. We all still need to refresh, just sometimes not EVERY time. lol

give it a shot, can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    I like the idea of everything being current also, that's why I will manually refresh cydia once a night myself. I don't need it to be refreshed every single time I use it for anything what so ever. Kudos to saurik, I love cydia as it reigns supreme. However, this little toggle now makes cydia perfect.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow.. this post is what i was exactly thinking.. there has been numerous posts that i have read and said.. gee i was thinking the same thing.

Perfect! bye bye Cydia hello Rock

great idea been using it since this morning i love it.

Thanks

A must download!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

wat cydia theme do u have?

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

One of the simplest add-ons ever yet a dream for me. Sadly I'll have to wait a few minutes while Cydia reloads in order to get it lol.
    Last edited by mortopher; 11-22-2009 at 01:32 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

whereswaldo (11-22-2009)

Great addition. Kudos to Saurik.

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

I LOVE whoever cam up with that!
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Green Apple
    Thanks

beautiful addition! Props! =P

-Kukag

Wohoo! Just what we all needed!

I don't see it

Never mind I found it.
    Last edited by sonyman74; 11-22-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I love my iPhone Cydia style.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anyone else having an issue after installing this with Respringing. My 3GS resprings right into Safe Mode. Still trying to see if the two are related

Thanks for the heads up .
    Last edited by Fallguy; 11-22-2009 at 05:23 PM.

sorry to be a noobie, but how do i get this?

nevermind found it hehe.
    Last edited by hrag525; 11-22-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast