+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does South Korea Even Care It's Getting The iPhone This Week?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I also live in South Korea and the phones here are garbage. I've got a Cyon (LG) phone that was about $800 new and it's one of the worst phones
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I also live in South Korea and the phones here are garbage. I've got a Cyon (LG) phone that was about $800 new and it's one of the worst phones I've ever used. You even have to convert video to k3g or some crap to watch video on it (not possible in OSX). Yes, you can watch digital TV in the subways on it (and that's a really big deal for lots of Koreans), but I don't care. The keyboard is horrible, it's not at all customizable, the menus are garbage. There are lots of Samsung (Anycall) Haptic phones that look cool but aren't worth the $700-$1000 you have to pay for them. That said, they do make the Haptic Beam with the DLP projector built into it (freaking awesome but thick, but $800 and on a carrier that won't let whitey on).
    You can always buy the LG Prada 2g for like $1500 or the SKY S.T. Dupont for similar.

As for the iPhone, according to the newspaper I saw the other day, it's going to be about $140 with a 2 year contract. BUUUTT, no wifi.

And residential broadband? I've had sustained 8MB/s (that's 64 Mb/s) on like 5gb files - Almost teared up.

Quote Originally Posted by jamendoza82 View Post
    even though the iPhone may seem advanced to us in the states but in reality the iPhone is a joke in Korea. I went there last summer and Korea/Japan technology in cell phone is like 5 years ahead of us in the states.
    This is one million percent wrong. If only it weren't...
    Last edited by modeststud; 11-27-2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12