Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orbit vs Overboard - iPhone Expose Wannabe Showdown

Orbit 1.1.4 made my iPhone unstable so I finally gave in and picked up Overboard... man is it faster!

Although Orbit is more Apple-esque, Overboard is much snappier and more stable.

How many more extra springboard pages can you get with Overboard?

Edit: Found a YouTube video where the person shows at least 14 pages and indicated the additional pages are limitless.
    Last edited by Nukie; 12-14-2009 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
    How many more extra springboard pages can you get with Overboard?

Edit: Found a YouTube video where the person shows at least 14 pages and indicated the additional pages are limitless.
    Yep theyre unlimited with overboard. in settings you can chose either 2x2 3x3 or 4x4 display and if you have more pages then that then you can just scroll down. I actually have 16 pages with 5 column springboard, 6 icon dock and illumine theme installed and all of it shows up with overboard (over 350 apps!) which i cannot say the same for orbit

Just stumbled upon Overboard by accident yesterday (been using Orbit). Overboard kicks ***, IMO.

Is there any way to activate Overboard directly from an application?

Instead of pressing the home button and it going to the springboard, then pressing it again to get overboard... is there a way to just have the home button activate overboard regardless of application?

Thanks!

----

I decided to just switch from Overboard to Categories+CategoriesSB. Much happier now.
    Last edited by Dorkington; 12-22-2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Photographer - ASYLUM(nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkington View Post
    Is there any way to activate Overboard directly from an application?

Instead of pressing the home button and it going to the springboard, then pressing it again to get overboard... is there a way to just have the home button activate overboard regardless of application?

Thanks!

----

I decided to just switch from Overboard to Categories+CategoriesSB. Much happier now.

new update of overboard u can activate it anywhere now because it uses lib activater

I got overboard now.

Quote Originally Posted by addictedto3gs View Post
    If you have springsorter, most of the icons you need or use are in the first two pages so there's really no point.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Is this compatible with themes that use springjumps or landscape themes? (Like iNspired)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabo82 View Post
    overboard is da shizznit!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoraznan View Post
    Orbit 1.1 is good.
    Dynamic sizing, genius. It instantly fills out the whole space.
    (No need for options to choose columns, way smarter)
    Finally, my suave icons are showing.
    The boot time has improved, significantly faster.
    there's also search page and home button support.

So guys, if you've already have Orbit, check out the update first before wasting your money on Overboard...
    Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    I first bought Orbit. Found it very useful, but a bit slow at times on my 3Gs. It would also often 'miss' a page when loading up (always the page it was loading from). Then I bought Overboard, and the speed increase is significant. I like the selectable options in Overboard, like showing / hiding its icon on the Springboard, showing the doc, various ways of initiating, etc.
    Orbit 1.1 seems faster than v1.0, but no selectable options (I don't want to see the search screen, and I don't want to use the home button double tap for Orbit)
    So for now Overboard seems better to me in speed & functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by mister4stars View Post
    springjumps work just fine for me... it's not like it's 50 pages or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavisxp View Post
    The big Orbit-killer for me is that obnoxiously large Spotlight icon which can't be hidden and the inabilty to toggle the home button binding. Overboard wins on both counts. According to his twitter feed, Steven feels that adding a prefpane implies that the app is too complicated. Of course, this is likely because Overboard beat him to the punch and he's kinda jealous.
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    I liked Orbit, but Overboard is far far better.

Overboard is faster, lets user choose if we want the spotbright page, has more ways to invoke it, displays the icons more clearly, and most importantly lets user extend the number of springboard pages beyond just 11 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0707P3 View Post
    yeah so did mine, found out it was springsorter and orbit do not play together well. so i uninstalled orbit first but then i used orbit more so i reinstalled and hasnt crashed since.
    Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    I installed it back again just to see. Improved performance, the preferences are a welcome addition. The problem I see is there are so many other mods now that use the "Home" button that maybe Orbit should make use of other means to recall. Maybe "gestures" can activate it. I've docked it in SBSettings to make it available, since I also use mQuickDo and Kirikae.
    Quote Originally Posted by m021478 View Post
    Orbit 1.1.3 kills Overboard!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Orbit 1.1.3 has made improvement in having bigger icons (now seems like it is adopting the size used in Overboard)and itperforms faster than before.

However, it still lags Overboard in visual beauty and functionalities. Overboard can be invoked also by pinching, gives the option of showing the dock, gives the option to extend the number of springboard pages.

I think Orbit has a little uphill battle here. The first version of Overboard got everything right the first time. Orbit is immediately on the defensive, playing the catchup game. It would have to catch up with Overboard's functionalities, and think of something that Overboard does not have. This is going to be tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocrandall View Post
    Using Orbit 1.1.4, it does not support 5 column/5 rows.
    Overboard does.
    Quote Originally Posted by abadchris View Post
    Orbit 1.1.4 made my iPhone unstable so I finally gave in and picked up Overboard... man is it faster!

Although Orbit is more Apple-esque, Overboard is much snappier and more stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Yep theyre unlimited with overboard. in settings you can chose either 2x2 3x3 or 4x4 display and if you have more pages then that then you can just scroll down. I actually have 16 pages with 5 column springboard, 6 icon dock and illumine theme installed and all of it shows up with overboard (over 350 apps!) which i cannot say the same for orbit
    Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Just stumbled upon Overboard by accident yesterday (been using Orbit). Overboard kicks ***, IMO.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    overboard gives me the sad iphone after reboot

just uninstalled overboard and activator and still sad iphone
    Last edited by the_mia_team; 10-11-2010 at 12:09 AM.

Installed Overboard yesterday and crashed me into Safe Boot every time I tried using it. ????
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity

Overboard is now working fine on OS 4.1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345