Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Orbit vs Overboard - iPhone Expose Wannabe Showdown

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default waste of money IMHO
    If you have springsorter, most of the icons you need or use are in the first two pages so there's really no point.

Is this compatible with themes that use springjumps or landscape themes? (Like iNspired)

overboard is da shizznit!!!!!!

havnt had orbit. only because of its initial shortcomings. overboard works great. with features most spoke about and desired by myself included, that are not on orbit.

the only minor complaint is the pinch gesture. slightly hard to initiate. say VS. an expand gesture or slide gesture. just my opinion. whatya all think?

Quote Originally Posted by shwnwlkns View Post
    You guys paid for something that is a complete ripoff of someone elses work. Not even coded from scratch, but stolen and added features. Good job on being behind the curve, guys.
    should do your research:

steven stole this from ocean engineering> you tube. check it out son.
    Last edited by rhekt; 11-21-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    killall Terminal[]

iPhone? More like MyPhone matthew1111's Avatar
    Thanks

Overboard? Nice. I hope it has a trial version, though probably not...
    That Thanks button is there for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    havnt had orbit. only because of its initial shortcomings. overboard works great. with features most spoke about and desired by myself included, that are not on orbit.

the only minor complaint is the pinch gesture. slightly hard to initiate. say VS. an expand gesture or slide gesture. just my opinion. whatya all think?

should do your research:

steven stole this from ocean engineering> you tube. check it out son.
    Sigh. How ignorant can people be? Ocean Engineering asked Steven if he could do this and he took the challenge. Ryan on the other hand stole Orbit, by code, and adding things. Good job, I guess.

Also, you look foolish when you call someone son and you're, what? Maybe 15.

I'd love to update this post to compate Orbit 1.1 but the developer won't get back to me. Will do when I can get my hands on it. This should be interesting.

Is there proof that the coding was stolen for this?

[QUOTE=shwnwlkns;5039146]Sigh. How ignorant can people be? Ocean Engineering asked Steven if he could do this and he took the challenge. Ryan on the other hand stole Orbit, by code, and adding things. Good job, I guess.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    please now.....not only had they allready done it...they had done it better. better yet...all the features ilustrated in their app [that werent in orbit] are in overboard....

who are you really shwnwlkns?...hiding behind 3 post acting like a forum guru.
    Last edited by rhekt; 11-22-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    killall Terminal[]

Had Orbit. Like it. Got Overboard. Like it way better.

How can I be hiding? They didn't do anything. Please read what stolen means, and then you should be able to speak wisely, at least I hope. If I steal a burger from McDonalds and put bacon on it, it doesn't make me a great creator,

Just installed Orbit 1.1 from Cydia. Much improved!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

How can I be hiding? They didn't do anything. Please read what stolen means, and then you should be able to speak wisely, at least I hope. If I steal a burger from McDonalds and put bacon on it, it doesn't make me a great creator,
    i don't know what that guy meant by hiding.....but you sure are annoying......sorry, but overboard currently performs better than orbit....so you're not going to convince anyone here.....regardless of your claims....the fact that there are two apps doing the same thing means that the devs will be forced to keep improving otherwise lose out on sales.....thats good for all of us.......mere claims of theft won't fly.....show some proof if you want to sway people.....otherwise, stop whining.

I'm not out to sway. Hell, I don;t need to. Orbit made 3000 dollars so far, and Overboard hasn't made 100. Orbit 1.1 was released, much improved, more features, quicker boot times. Weird, Orbit seems to be better, but Overboard is still behind.

Also, it seems the stereotype of people from southern states having bad punctuation and grammar is true with your constant use of ellipsis's. Now THATS annoying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Overboard. By far. A bigger question for me though, is the lock screen war...so many options now, but which is best? And which will be best after a bit more development?

You guys, are pretty slow. orbit 1.1 has been submitted as has 5 more features than Overboard, which isn't even new, but a complete rip of Orbit with added features that were already shown by Steven.

Twitter / Steve Troughton-Sm?: Am really happy; have some ...
    Whatever. Steve is a childish liar with the attention span of a toddler - first it was 'home button support next week!' over a month ago, then it was 'still working on it - coming soon' followed by 'if you keep on asking about it I'll skip 1.1 and make you wait for 2.0!' (highly mature, this guy) which was followed by 'waiting on artwork now, out of my control' and then today 'I was waiting to see how much better Overboard was, but they'll have exactly the same features. Orbit 1.1 submitted' ... Seriously, WTF? Did this moron go to the Acme school of customer relations or what? He lies to customers regularly and in an apparent effort to stall for time has a habit of blaming others for his lack of focus. My two-year-old takes more responsibilty for his actions actions than this chump.

I bought both Orbit and Overboard, and HIGHLY recommend the latter. Steven Troughton-Smith will never get another red ****ing cent from me and I sincerely hope his immaturity and inability to finish what he starts makes an impression on others.
    Last edited by mavisxp; 11-22-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Orbit 1.1 is good.
    Dynamic sizing, genius. It instantly fills out the whole space.
    (No need for options to choose columns, way smarter)
    Finally, my suave icons are showing.
    The boot time has improved, significantly faster.
    there's also search page and home button support.

So guys, if you've already have Orbit, check out the update first before wasting your money on Overboard...

What's with the Spotlight page in Orbit now? Overboard gives you the option to show/hide it, but Orbit doesn't.

Kinda lame.

edit: Again with the lying and misrepresentation. I've attached a screenshot of the follow-up to the tweet posted above, in which Steven Troughton-Smith proclaims that Orbit and Overboard have the "same features" ... Now, unless I'm blind, there's no way to change Orbit's settings. By settings I mean the double-tap home button binding, and the Spotlight page showing in Orbit. Overboard allows you to control both of these. It also allows you to hide the app icon, invoke with a pinch gesture, and theme the app. Orbit doesn't seem to allow any of these things.

Very lame. Not so much stroughtonsmith's apparent inability to figure out how to add this stuff, but the fact that he flat-out LIES about it. Not cool at all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  
    Last edited by mavisxp; 11-22-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    Is this compatible with themes that use springjumps or landscape themes? (Like iNspired)
    It's compatible with SpringJumps, but I can't be sure it's compatible with landscape themes. If landscape themes are just regular themes with sideways graphics then yes; otherwise maybe. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Is there proof that the coding was stolen for this?
    No, there is no proof; why would I steal code when I've proven that I am capable of building my own? Anyone suggesting that my app was stolen or is based on Orbit is flat out wrong.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rpetrich For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (11-23-2009), rhekt (11-22-2009), Windmeel (11-22-2009)

I first bought Orbit. Found it very useful, but a bit slow at times on my 3Gs. It would also often 'miss' a page when loading up (always the page it was loading from). Then I bought Overboard, and the speed increase is significant. I like the selectable options in Overboard, like showing / hiding its icon on the Springboard, showing the doc, various ways of initiating, etc.
    Orbit 1.1 seems faster than v1.0, but no selectable options (I don't want to see the search screen, and I don't want to use the home button double tap for Orbit)
    So for now Overboard seems better to me in speed & functionality.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Default you have nothing to prove
    Quote Originally Posted by rpetrich View Post
    It's compatible with SpringJumps, but I can't be sure it's compatible with landscape themes. If landscape themes are just regular themes with sideways graphics then yes; otherwise maybe. Link?

No, there is no proof; why would I steal code when I've proven that I am capable of building my own? Anyone suggesting that my app was stolen or is based on Orbit is flat out wrong.

You are both incredibly talented coders. You both are well aware of this fact. Those who are calling you a thief are nothing short of untalented losers, who see one program and assume everything else is a copy. You have nothing to prove to them. I thank BOTH of you for contributing to the iPhone platform. Without people like BOTH of you, I'd still be stuck on a motorola RAZR. Thanks for making the iPhone great!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast