+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickWidgets - A Free Alternative to SmartScreen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So this installs apps that need to be paid for? I've now removed it. Smartscreen has a lot more potential and doesn't lie about being free....
    Thanks

So this installs apps that need to be paid for? I've now removed it. Smartscreen has a lot more potential and doesn't lie about being free....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The other apps can be disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotafan View Post
    I wish we could use the valuable clock screen space like in previous locks screens. If we could then I would probably use it because it looks very promising.
    Agreed. If we can use Lockscreen clockhide and use that space, it would be better. At least for those who don't use the dual clock feature
    Last edited by kwan; 11-22-2009 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kwan For This Useful Post:

hrag525 (11-22-2009)

Thanks

Installed it last night. So far so good but will be trying Smart Screen as well!

And like everyone is reporting it installs 3 apps (or so) that come with 14 day trials...

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

trying it out...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    The other apps can be disabled

Anything that installs trial apps without making it clear that it does so without my permission is not an app I want on my phone.
    If you disable these 'trial' apps what are you left with? Aren't they all the quickwidgets?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have it all working but i don't see how to get the camera widget on the screen. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I thought peakas said all the widgets will be free apart from quickcall...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would also like to know how I can have the camera widget. Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do you add mail plugin to the lockscreen? I can't find it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To get the camera, calendar, flashlight and more widgets first press and hold an existing widget until it 'wobbles'.

Up will pop the toolbar from the bottom of the screen, just slide this from right to left to get further 'widgets'

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This app will be excellent if... the events widget was free (ie do not use quickcalendar), has got notifications widget and a facebook status widget. Im sticking with Lockinfo for now coz it has got everything I want atm.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SmartScreen and Quickwidgets...
    Tried SmartScreen on iPhone 3G and it has performance problems like stuttering slide-to-unlock among others. Quickwidgets seems more responsive at this point in time and a bit more intuitive.

If anyone is looking for instructions just slide left on the lock screen and a note is there with some start up tips. You gotta re-springboard first!

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotafan View Post
    I wish we could use the valuable clock screen space like in previous locks screens. If we could then I would probably use it because it looks very promising.
    We thinking on made this configurable.

Quote Originally Posted by jdys_1991 View Post
    Is there any way to save your preference of QuickWidgets?
    I mean, if I have to restore my phone, I just want to install the app again via Cydia but not mess around with setting it up like I have now. It took me ages to get perfect.
    Working on sinchronization in future all settings will sinc via iTunce and return on restore.

Quote Originally Posted by chhay View Post
    hi, just a lil question,
    for the SMS thingy, its only show the number, the name doesnt show up,i have the number saved.
    is that one of the issue too?
    Try to play with 'Phone number lenght' value in QuickSMS settings

Quote Originally Posted by haibane View Post
    Is it just me or is their english site down? I've been wanting to look into prices for the different software.
    Site are back. We will move to the new server in nearest future, so it will work better.

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    UPDATE: The word QuickWidgets might be deceiving. This app is actually a package of QuickBirthday, QuickSMS, QuickCalendar, and QuickBoard. These apps are NOT free. Guess there should be fine print on this one. Sheesh
    Yep. QuickWidget is addon for QuickBoard.

'QuickReply' widget use QuickSMS functionality.

'Events' widget use QuickCalendar when show calendar events, and QuickBirthday when show your contacts birthdays.
    If you have no qCal and qBirthday 'Events' widget will show only email, missed calls and sms.

When QuickWidgets will be ready for release, we will add possibility to work without 'mother' apps. For now, working on this is only time waste.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Anything that installs trial apps without making it clear that it does so without my permission is not an app I want on my phone.
    If you disable these 'trial' apps what are you left with? Aren't they all the quickwidgets?
    Its clear shown to you in dependences when you install it from cydia.

Nope, it is not QuickWidgets. Its full functional apps with their own features and ideas. Try it out.
    Widgets will work even you disable all other apps.

QuickIsoftWidgets is possibility to run QuickWidgets panel over any other app.

Quote Originally Posted by dris View Post
    To get the camera, calendar, flashlight and more widgets first press and hold an existing widget until it 'wobbles'.

Up will pop the toolbar from the bottom of the screen, just slide this from right to left to get further 'widgets'
    Tnx for helping!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    This app will be excellent if... the events widget was free (ie do not use quickcalendar), has got notifications widget and a facebook status widget. Im sticking with Lockinfo for now coz it has got everything I want atm.
    Yep, LockInfo is realy nice app, but our goal is slightly different. We are working on widgets, and have multiple screens.

And widgets will not use QuickCalendar and other apps in future, when it will be ready for release.

We will be glad for your help in design. For now its looking ugly, any ideas how to improve it skins, icons, UI?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It seems like I'm not getting QuickSMS notifications on lock screen or springboard. Am I supposed to get a different notifications from QuickSMS where I can reply directly? Or do I need to read the default notification and summon QuickSMS and reply from there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwan View Post
    It seems like I'm not getting QuickSMS notifications on lock screen or springboard. Am I supposed to get a different notifications from QuickSMS where I can reply directly? Or do I need to read the default notification and summon QuickSMS and reply from there?
    Nice question.

For now it work next way:

your phone in sleep mod.
    you receive sms.
    default notification badge appear on your lockscreen

you can:
    - slide to view it will open QuickSMS in messaging with contact from which latest message come
    - double home (any other hotkey) to unlock same as above
    - double tap on notification badge hide it.

QuickSMS with hotkey configured always in 2-3 taps from read/send. Must be.

Any ideas how to improve it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takkischitt View Post
    anyone find out what the background in the screenshots is...?!?!?
    its available on sciphone.net

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    There is one very big problem that you guys failed to mention. On lockscreen when using bitesms the quickboard keyboard doesn't work in landscape mode, is that something that will be taken care of? To quickwidgets is pretty sweet, however, the problem with the landscape on lockscree kills it for me

Free Image Hosting Free Image Hosting

Thanks

Yep, we know and remember about.

Working on compatibility.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Nice

Thanks

I'm a little confused by the FREE but actually paid app situation...I just wanted to install the widgets and when i selected just that in cydia, all the quick apps were installed too. So does that mean I'm using these under trial and they will end soon? I haven't tried to get them under license but it doesn't say explicitly what's going on when you download...you kind of find out later.

Basically, how do I get rid of the apps and only use the widgets?