+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snappy - The Fastest Camera App Available: Take Pictures from Any App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi All, If you haven't already, please try the latest version 2.1 that came out yesterday. Many bug fixes including freeze fixes. Integrated with Activator so more activation methods with
    Developer
    Thanks

Hi All,

If you haven't already, please try the latest version 2.1 that came out yesterday. Many bug fixes including freeze fixes. Integrated with Activator so more activation methods with fewer conflicts. Details Twitlonger: Snappy 2.1 update live. Integration w/ libactivator, separate activation for default to cam / defaul

Location spoofer dev should have pushed a new version that fixes the conflict with Snappy.

Best,
    kb1ooo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi kb1ooo,
    Not trying to flame, be rude or dissuade people from buying your app, but since you mentioned Activator integration, what makes Snappy different from installing Activator (free from Cydia) to activate the iPhone built-in Camera app by creating an "Anytime" event for "Hold" under "Status Bar"?

I just tried setting up my Activator (it was installed when I installed another app) to do so, and it seems to do exactly what Snappy claims to do in about the same amount of time, short of being able to take photos with the volume keys (I already bought SnapTap to do that). Now that I am able to replicate what Snappy was supposed to do with a free app, what other features will "Sell" Snappy to me?

FYI, I am comparing from a consumer point-of-view, I have already purchased Snappy and SnapTap via Cydia shop.
    Last edited by melvinchia; 02-07-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melvinchia View Post
    Hi kb1ooo,
    Not trying to flame, be rude or dissuade people from buying your app, but since you mentioned Activator integration, what makes Snappy different from installing Activator (free from Cydia) to activate the iPhone built-in Camera app by creating an "Anytime" event for "Hold" under "Status Bar"?

I just tried setting up my Activator (it was installed when I installed another app) to do so, and it seems to do exactly what Snappy claims to do in about the same amount of time, short of being able to take photos with the volume keys (I already bought SnapTap to do that). Now that I am able to replicate what Snappy was supposed to do with a free app, what other features will "Sell" Snappy to me?
    1. Snappy runs without having to exit your currently running application.
    2. It's available from the lock screen.
    3. It's faster, especially if you consider the time it takes to exit a currently running application and then relaunch when you are finished.

Marc,
    kb1ooo

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Being able to run it from within an app makes it worth it to me

Green Apple
    Thanks

the new one does video. I don't see what the use current location does though

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andyharp View Post
    the new one does video. I don't see what the use current location does though
    Same as the native app. If you have it on, then it will geo tag your photo with the location where it was taken.

kb1ooo

Green Apple
    Thanks

kb100, yeah I thought it should, but where is the gps info tagged at. I don't see this extra info. is mine mucked up somehow?

Developer
    Thanks

AFAIK, you can't see the info from your phone. Once you sync it onto your computer, use a photo browser capable of show GPS and EXIF info. E.g. preview or iphoto.

kb1ooo

Green Apple
    Thanks

kb1ooo, thanks. I fired up picass3 and under picture tab then properties I can see gps info.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So...little problem here. yesterday, i opened up cydia..and there is an update to the API. so i tap on 'complete upgrade'..then baam. iphone 3gs 3.1.2 w/ new bootrom resprings in safe mode.

had a real hard time with that. ended up removing a lot of different apps from cydia trying to figure out what is causing this problem.

finally, i remove snappy (one of my favorites, btw)..and baamm...it resprings back normally. well, come to find out..when snappy uninstalled, it also removed 'activator 1.2'. i tried reinstalling just activator and it turns out..activator is the problem.
    however, i really like snappy. is there any kind of work around for this? i would preferably like to keep activator as well (very useful app)..i don't know where the actual root of the problem is.

little help? anyone?

ok..little more information. when i have activator installed, it boots up in safe mode. if i tap 'restart', it just freezes there. if i let it sit for about 2 minutes, it will respring...but right back into safe mode. if i tap 'ok', it will allow me to operate in safe mode.
    Last edited by kkwon83; 03-06-2010 at 02:48 PM. Reason: more info

Developer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkwon83 View Post
    So...little problem here. yesterday, i opened up cydia..and there is an update to the API. so i tap on 'complete upgrade'..then baam. iphone 3gs 3.1.2 w/ new bootrom resprings in safe mode.

had a real hard time with that. ended up removing a lot of different apps from cydia trying to figure out what is causing this problem.

finally, i remove snappy (one of my favorites, btw)..and baamm...it resprings back normally. well, come to find out..when snappy uninstalled, it also removed 'activator 1.2'. i tried reinstalling just activator and it turns out..activator is the problem.
    however, i really like snappy. is there any kind of work around for this? i would preferably like to keep activator as well (very useful app)..i don't know where the actual root of the problem is.

little help? anyone?

ok..little more information. when i have activator installed, it boots up in safe mode. if i tap 'restart', it just freezes there. if i let it sit for about 2 minutes, it will respring...but right back into safe mode. if i tap 'ok', it will allow me to operate in safe mode.
    Hmm, perhaps it's the libactivator package renaming issue. Please see FAQ #7 Snappy FAQ

Let me know. You can also email me directly.

Best,
    kb1ooo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love the Snappy app BUT why can't I email a photo after taking it with Snappy? The only options are MMS, Assign to Contact and Use as Wallpaper. Also, it seems like those options only come up in landscape mode, not when the phone is vertical? The options still come up when vertical, but are sideways.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kb1ooo View Post
    Hmm, perhaps it's the libactivator package renaming issue. Please see FAQ #7 Snappy FAQ

Let me know. You can also email me directly.

Best,
    kb1ooo
    Hi there

I also am getting springboard booting into safe mode. This happens as soon as I click to take photo. Also when snappy has started there is no image as a preview of what is to be taken.

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

At some point in the last few months, Snappy started crashing on me every other time I try to use it. I use it to snap one picture, it works; I try to use it to snap a second picture, and my springboard crashes to safe mode. It happens whether I open it from the icon or any activator action, it's always the same.

I'm on iPhone 4S running 5.1.1. I've tried permissions repairs, reinstalling, name it. Any ideas? Any chance of a fix?

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234