+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Snappy - The Fastest Camera App Available: Take Pictures from Any App

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by edwilk55 And I have the double home button bring up the iPod controls. This app is totally useful! Just not to you...great post. hmm funny because with
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    And I have the double home button bring up the iPod controls. This app is totally useful! Just not to you...great post.
    hmm funny because with the double click home camera option you also get iPod controls which are only Really useful when you are listening to music or when you're at lockscreen. And if you want the cam just pause it after you brought up the iPod controls. And if you want you can also set a triple click...

So yes go ahead and spend your cash while Im using a solution already built in that doesnt take up memory and already has video recording. Totally useful...
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 11-22-2009 at 09:54 AM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alantoo View Post
    anyone tried it on a 3GS? does the focus feature with this app?
    Yes and Yes

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    hmm funny because with the double click home camera option you also get iPod controls which are only Really useful when you are listening to music or when you're at lockscreen. And if you want the cam just pause it after you brought up the iPod controls. And if you want you can also set a triple click...

So yes go ahead and spend your cash while Im using a solution already built in that doesnt take up memory and already has video recording. Totally useful...
    Serious questions: Can you access the camera from the lockscreen as well? I might be willing to adopt your process if so. TY...

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

like it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edwilk55 View Post
    Serious questions: Can you access the camera from the lockscreen as well? I might be willing to adopt your process if so. TY...
    Yes, you can access the camera from the lockscreen.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,576 Times in 277 Posts

Im sorry to say this but this app is useless especially since it costs money. I set my iPhone to bring up the camera with a double home button click. Its just as fast and doesn't run in the background.

Your missing the whole point of this application. The idea is that I dont want to have to **** around pulling up iPod controls, pausing it, then tapping the home button twice again and waiting for the camera to come up, all while hoping the program you had open doesnt crash or close.

Literally in 1 second flat I can take a photo. No pushing extra buttons or pausing music (what if i wanted to keep listening?)

If you have no use for this, than be polite and don't trash talk the app because it costs money. It's cheaper than a damn 2L of pop. Sheesh.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post
    Your missing the whole point of this application. The idea is that I dont want to have to **** around pulling up iPod controls, pausing it, then tapping the home button twice again and waiting for the camera to come up, all while hoping the program you had open doesnt crash or close.

Literally in 1 second flat I can take a photo. No pushing extra buttons or pausing music (what if i wanted to keep listening?)

If you have no use for this, than be polite and don't trash talk the app because it costs money. It's cheaper than a damn 2L of pop. Sheesh.
    Well said!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

^^+1. Nice app.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickhesson View Post

Normally, you would listen to your iPod with your earbuds unless you're an attention wh**e who like it when 10 other people can listen to your music in the bus. With the earbuds you can skip your music and control the volume so I see little point in on screen ipod control and as I said earlier you can use the triple click option. It's pretty funny how iPod controls werent an issue until someone brought it.

But ya enjoy this app. Guess it's made for lazy people who can't click a button twice. Also enjoy the slow downs in your apps(and crashs which are most likely going to happen with snappy since it runs in the background) and no video when you quickly want to take a video.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 11-22-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You cant change albums from your headphone controls

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skiptowncat View Post
    You cant change albums from your headphone controls
    Right cuz you can with the ipod controls

Hint: We're talking about the little window that pops out and quickly gives you skip buttons and volume instead of going in your iPod menu.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 11-22-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    I'm MYAATT DAAAMOOON!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Look this app doesn't suit the way your phone is set up, that's fine. It suits mine, quit bitchin'.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to skiptowncat For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (11-23-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

geting now
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

After it adds video capabilities, I'm in!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sorry for hijacking the thread.

How do you setup an action for triple clicking the home button?

On my lock screen double click doesn't bring up my camera, it brings up the ipod controls, even though camera is configured for double click. Works fine outside the lockscreen.

If I have music playing, double click also doesn't bring up the camera. The ipod controls popup.

So I don't think the built function is as good as Snappy. I'm going to try it out.
    Last edited by Slocko; 11-23-2009 at 08:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rawhog's Avatar
    Thanks

Cannot find it. What repo is it in?

Developer
    Thanks

Hey Guys,

Thanks again for the comments.

1. Snappy is in the BigBoss repo. In Cydia, you can just do a search for Snappy.

2. As Nick pointed out, the idea of Snappy is to get to your camera as fast as you can, while minimally disrupting whatever you are currently doing. With double tap home set to the camera, it still takes 3 seconds to launch the camera, then at least another 3 seconds to exit and relaunch the app you exited. It takes 500ms to 1 second to launch snappy, and 250ms to exit.
    3. Just to clarify, Snappy does not run while it is *not* launched. And when it is launched, it runs inside an application that is *already* and always running (SpringBoard).
    4. I'm trying to deal with support issues and work through a few conflict issues with other apps that use the status bar. After that I will be updating with an alternate way to launch, video support, and visual shutter close notification.

Thanks,
    Marc
    kb1ooo

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kb1ooo For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (11-23-2009), Windmeel (11-23-2009)

Thanks

This looks great! Will buy it right away. Don't listen to the people talking trash, some people are just never satisfied with anything in life.
    Anyways...great job and keep up the good work. =]

21. The Following User Says Thank You to DiPSET08 For This Useful Post:

kb1ooo (11-24-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

kb1ooo,

First of all great idea, just purchased it via cydia. I'm having some issues with it behaving nicely with qtweeter. sbsettings seems fine as the swipe is a different direction just cant get qtweeter to appear with the camera and vice versa.
    Any one else have the same issue? Im wondering if theres any way of changing the action to invoke qtweeter to something else??

Developer
    Thanks

Hi brovers1,

I working through the various launching conflicts with qtweeter and other programs. Please stay tuned for updates.

Best,
    Marc
    kb1ooo

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kb1ooo For This Useful Post:

DiPSET08 (11-25-2009)