Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SmartScreen - Productivity, Customization & Style Finally Comes to Your Lockscreen

Default SmartScreen - Productivity, Customization & Style Finally Comes to Your Lockscreen

Imagine if you will for a moment, the thought of accessibility, customization, and ease of use, that the iPhone lockscreen could potentially have. Its probably the most looked at screen simply due to the fact that the damn thing locks so quickly.

Now stop imagining. This is no longer a fantasy. By now I'm sure a good handful of you guys are using LockInfo, Intelliscreen, or some other variation of a lockscreen replacement. These have all given us a taste of the productivity we can achieve from our lockscreens, but each one has fallen short in some way. Whether it be long load times, or mind boggling customization which requires you to edit some code, we all crave that perfect lockscreen.

Today all jailbroken users can rejoice. The time has come for SmartScreen to show us some real power. SmartScreen is a lockscreen replacement for your iPhone/iPod Touch with incredible power. All of the great UI features in the iPhone OS have been brought into this amazing new app. It behaves just as if it were a native part of the iPhone. For any Mac users, you know how widgets should work and feel. SmartScreen widgets are very similar to those we see on our Mac OS X.

By simply swiping through the widgets we get a feel similar to the springboard, in that we have pages rather than just what the lockscreen real-estate has to offer. Not only can you swipe through these widgets, you can rearrange them just like app icons! I **** you not! Tap and hold, drag and move. It's that simple!

The Full version also comes with iPod Control, toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Edge and 3G, and even a shake to shuffle function, along with an updates page. To top it all off you can even hide widgets or show and preview the widgets. The Lite version has everything but theses controls screens and the iPod Shake to shuffle.

Now not only do we have the most incredibly smart… SmartScreen… Media Phone has released an SmartScreen SDK for 3rd party developers to create their own unique widgets. A quick glance in the Widgets Gallery on their website shows there are some great widgets already available, such as animated clocks, various weather feeds, twitter feeds, calendar, events lists, pi address, traffic, blogs, and so on. Have a look for yourself here: Widget Gallery : SmartScreen Widget Gallery - MediaPhone

Note: There are currently only 4 widgets actually available for download. DevTeam Updates, Clock, Notes, Calculator. You must download these in addition to lockscree, as none come pre-installed.

This release brings us a lot of potential, and we should see a lot of widgets coming down the pipeline soon! If you want to try out SmartScreen the LITE version is FREE! (Yes free and not that limited) and the FULL version is $5.00.

To download SmartScreen add this repository to your sources in Cydia: http://apt.media-phone.ch
    Widgets are also available in this repo.

What are your thoughts on the new SmartScreen! Share your comments below!

If you want to grab the SDK:
    SmartScreen SDK - MediaPhone

Official Site:
    MediaPhone

Last edited by Nick Hesson; 11-20-2009 at 11:26 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Hesson For This Useful Post:

addster3606 (11-21-2009), bishopazrael (11-27-2009), kirkie1 (11-21-2009), lilazznthomas123 (11-21-2009)

I would have to say this looks interesting. I'm going to go get it right now.

been dying for this!

This probably eats memory like a SOB too. Is it just me or does the only thing in there that looks promising is the ability to change your connection alongside the iPod control? We already get the iPod control by default from Apple.

But it is nice that it is open and other devs can add to it. For now though I will keep Lockinfo, and the little memory that it takes up. I want all my info on one screen, I don't want another springboard on my lockscreen.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

GOOD thing i got a 3GS i don't think ill have a memory problem =D

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This is a decent initial release. It's priced a LOT better than itelliscreen so that's a plus. When some of the more useful media widgets come out that are on the gallery this will be a must have.

Got 3G with Sbsetting.WB and many other things running..ant still got 38Mb free IDLE....

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive been following this for a bit... Im stoked... Facebook widget, Twitter, along with quick reply you almost wont even need to unlock your phone LOL
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

I can't figure out how to get my lock screen background to show up behind the widgets. In the clock widget I toggled show background ON and still nothing... anyone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone djgunner's Avatar
    Thanks

trying to DL now.. I think their site is a little slammed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I can't figure out how to get my lock screen background to show up behind the widgets. In the clock widget I toggled show background ON and still nothing... anyone?

mine was showing right after i installed. i never had to change anything

Poseidon what does your backround look like behind the widgets? Have you tried going into var/mobile/library and deleting your lockbackround.jpg? and then re set a wallpaper
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 11-21-2009 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Thanks

It's just black. Tried re-applying the theme in WB.. still no luck.

i can see my wallpaper perfectly without doing anything. maybe its a theme u have activated?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    It's just black. Tried re-applying the theme in WB.. still no luck.
    Have you tried sshing into var/mobile/library and deleting your lockbackround.jpg and then re appling a lockbackround? or maybe it is your theme?

Thanks

Weird... all my animated lock screens show up... but anytime I go to a regular lockscreen it's just black... ugh!

Thanks

Poseidon so this didn't work? sshing into var/mobile/library and deleting your lockbackround.jpg and then re appling a lockbackround?

Also that backround in the clock widget is for a black like border to show up around the clock info on the lock screen.
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 11-21-2009 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine wont show the date on the clock
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Honestly i think this looks flashy and all, but thats all it can ever be, a flashy addition to springboard.

Personally Cycript and Cygets seem to pose a much more realistic lock screen alternative. they will run faster and smoother, and require much less memory, and you can customize them to only show what you need.

Thanks

i have a four widgets on and im using a 3gs and i notice no drop in memory at all!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast