+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remote Control Your Benz From Your Phone

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Basically for rich people Night Rider is true now. I hope geohot unlocks this for poor people so we can at least have our own Herbie.
    Thanks

Default iHasselhoff
    Basically for rich people Night Rider is true now. I hope geohot unlocks this for poor people so we can at least have our own Herbie.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so this only works in the states??? arrrrghh

iPhone? More like MyPhone romeo_herman's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn I just sold my Benz....
    Last edited by romeo_herman; 11-18-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Now all Mercedes has to do is figure out a way to keep their owners cars out of the shop for the majority of the cars life. Mercedes has gone seriously down hill with quality in the past 5 years, which is why I switched to BMW

coudlnt agree more
    i drive a beema too

adp
    Thanks

Sucks if you stop carrying your Benz key because of the app, your $400 phone is stolen, and your $80,000 car along with it. Then the thieves will figure out a way to disable the GPS.

And all thanks to a FREE app!
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

LMAO- We can start a ModMyBenz chip-in for it
    Done. Lets do it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

My car is paid for, if i need these features ill pick up the viper system...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a MB and was really excited until I was just told you have to pay an annual fee. 280 for the regular mbrace and 560 for the mbrace plus. The only thing the app really lets you do is lock and unlock doors (already have 2 keyfobs), find a dealership (navi does that) and remote find your car using GPS (ill let the cops and insurance deal with that). Damn I wish you could remote start it or something worth while, then i would sign up

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Cool App but MBz suck

Green Apple
    Thanks

Dam gonna try this one on my sis ride..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rcooley617's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash View Post

Mercedes-Benz announced its new telematics platform - called mbrace - on Monday, featuring an improved navigation system that provides directions, access to up-to-date location-based traffic and weather and information about points of interest along your route. The new service also integrates with car owners' iPhones, allowing them to find their Benzes and unlock them with a single tap.

The new Mercedes system replaces its 10-year-old Tele Aid service and comes standard on most models. There is built-in GPS capability and two-way data communications using Verizon in the US. If you're in an accident, the system will detect it by sensing if the airbags have deployed or if the Automatic Tensioning System on the seat-belts is triggered. An alert is sent to the Mercedes-Benz "Emergency Response Center," where an operator will attempt to call your iPhone. If they're unable to get through or if the user requests assistance, emergency services are immediately dispatched.

For normal use, the iPhone app will will lock or unlock a Benz remotely: literally remotely. Because the app sends commands to the car through its the 3G or WiFi connection, even if the phone is on one coast and the Benz on the other, it will still lock your car. The app will also locate your car and tell you how to get to it, and unlike some other apps will pinpoint the vehicle through its GPS transponder, rather than making the user remember to tag the carís location when it's parked.

And of course, if you want to find your nearest Mercedes dealer, the app will help you do that, too.

The iPhone app is free. The Mercedes C-class starts at $33,600 US.

image via Hughes Telematics, Inc.

ok I own a benz, a c350 sport. its an 09' is my car compatible w/ this app. My car includes the full package, which consist of navigation, satellite radio, shades, keyless entry, etc. How can I find out if this is compatible w/ my car
    "R-R"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now all Mercedes has to do is figure out a way to keep their owners cars out of the shop for the majority of the cars life. Mercedes has gone seriously down hill with quality in the past 5 years, which is why I switched to BMW
    Exactly. BMW FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Who needs a benz? I guess none of you have heard about prautogy halo. I am wanting to buy an iphone because I can use it to control the air ride suspension in my bagged minitruck. Well I want an iphone for a lot of reasons but that sold me on it. Check it out.

Prautogy | HALO

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12