+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Hire Gaming Engineer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple to Hire Gaming Engineer

If anyone is concerned that Apple hasn't properly taken a hint that iPhone and iPod users want their beloved devices to develop the potential for advanced gaming that they possess, have no fear. Apple has apparently received the message. And now the folks in Cupertino are acting on it by posting a job opening for a gaming engineer.

According to ChannelWeb:

In the posting for a "game/media software engineer," Apple said it is looking for a skilled software engineer looking to work with a small team on "interactive multimedia experiences on the iPhone and iPod Touch." The potential employee has to
    be flexible and creative.
    The timing couldn't be better for Apple to augment its team by hiring an experienced multimedia engineer for the iPhone and iPod touch, one who is a passionate gamer and has shipped at least one “AAA” game since the iPhone was introduced.

It shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find an applicant who fits the above description. If anything, the hard part - getting Apple to take gaming more seriously - was the hard part. Undeniably, the revenue streams from what's already available - and becoming available - has likely proven sufficient to convince Apple of the financial and branding benefits that come with being considered among the portable gaming giants of the industry.

This weekend, a lot of people (myself included) are considering what a first-party Apple gaming franchise could mean for both mobile gaming and mobile gamers. Then again, it's important not to get too far ahead of ourselves here since Apple, to date, has only developed four apps in-house, one of which is a game.

Apple is looking to hire a game developer for its iPhone and iTouch team, but such a move carries the possibility of alienating some of its huge ecosystem of independent game developers.
    Indeed, it would be a shame to anger developers, since Apple has no history of ever rubbing a developer the wrong way (insert sarcasm here). For sure, it will take some creative energy and diplomatic skill to make everyone happy with whatever plan is in the works. But for the biggest category of people impacted by this potential development - Apple fans and mobile gamers - this weekend's news is a welcome gem of promising information.

Image via The iPhone Blog

Thanks

Looks like my future job.

Though... Didn't Apple state that they don't want the iPod Touch to turn into a gaming platform a while back?
    Let's grow old together...
    ... And die at the same time

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Great News!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Damn!! I wish I would have finished my carrer!!! KIDS !! STAY IN SCHOOL!! LOL

I would be making tons of money

Thanks

Gaming for iPhone and iPod touch? I should take that job once I finish my school years.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,118 Times in 2,707 Posts

This could very well develop into a new "idevice" , iGamer or something between the iPhone and iTablet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone carlbgc's Avatar
    Thanks

LOL. Just last week the big news was that Apple HATED the fact that the iPhone was turning into a gaming device. Nice one MMi!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

interesting.

Thanks

sorry folks...they allready hired me
    killall Terminal[]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Cool offer for a gaming engineer. A professional application developer must come to a deal with it. I would give a try here but still I am studying on this developing subject.
    mod/edit links removed