+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook for iPhone App Developer Quits, Blaming Apple

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
It's so funny that little kids are too ignorant to see what this man is doing could greatly improve the entire iPhone experiece by attempting to sway the public opinion
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's so funny that little kids are too ignorant to see what this man is doing could greatly improve the entire iPhone experiece by attempting to sway the public opinion against apple's tyranic policies.

LOLOL ITS APPLZ APP STOR, THEY KEN DO WATEVR DEY WANT ~_~_~ idiots

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luppin For This Useful Post:

aekhamsouk (11-13-2009), chevcam91 (11-13-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, s4mb4, for now Apple is still successful. However, if they keep pushing good developers away, they soon won't be.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lutz2041 For This Useful Post:

chevcam91 (11-13-2009), derekthered (11-13-2009), raggyboy (11-13-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thatskanyon's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple is so full of it. I love their products but they do abuse their power. There are a lot of great apps and stuff out there that Apple either takes forever to approve or they still take forever before they deny it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thatskanyon For This Useful Post:

raggyboy (11-13-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Comparing the internet to actual software that a company is distributing is somewhat ridiculous in my eyes. The problem here is not with the appstore, but that Apple allows us with no alternative TO the appstore. They can be strict with whatever they want and however they want it if they are distributing it, but greed is what "forces" them to feel like they are the only ones who should/can distribute anything. This guy should develope for cydia store. We would see thousands of new jailbreakers overnight.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

chevcam91 (11-13-2009), raggyboy (11-13-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I lost faith in Apple a long time ago. Woz, Oh Woz... where are you?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I like how the day he complains, the next update to Facebook is released in the AppStore.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    I like how the day he complains, the next update to Facebook is released in the AppStore.
    Actually he made those statements earlier this week, none the less that was a quick update, but who knows how long that update has been in the approval process lol.

Thanks

Apple's draconian and fascist policies are the source of criticism and scorn in the tech industry.

I've never heard of such an allegation being leveled at the benevolent Apple Computer before.

film at 11, I hope.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

good riddance......maybe now we'll get some push notifications.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iN2K View Post
    Someone tell that guy about Cydia!
    Haha forreal!

I'm glad though he quit for something he believes in though. I pretty much agree with him but also it is Apple's App Store they have to have rules on what can be allowed and shouldn't but I also agree they need to release some shackles on the developers.

Allow Good stuff in, keep the bad (viruses, dumb apps) out!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post
    It's so funny that little kids are too ignorant to see what this man is doing could greatly improve the entire iPhone experiece by attempting to sway the public opinion against apple's tyranic policies.

thanks for saying that!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Bring back the Woz
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luppin View Post

What egos on some of these people. One developer is not going to sway a big company like Apple. Individual devs might revolt away from Apple but the big time money grabbing companies like EA, Gameloft, LucasArts and even Rockstar are jumping on the Apple App bandwagon. Even John Carmack who is huge in the game community has managed to make it work with the Apple review process as far as porting games over. All this proves Apple won't give a "f" if some individual developers don't believe in the process. Too many others are playing ball for Apple to care.

Also the guy would have more integrity to me if he never went down the Apple App Store path and went to Cydia. Fact is he did try to make it work and now has decided it isn't worth it to him. Fine by me.

What will change Apple? When Cydia starts to make millions for devs who start supporting the jailbreak community. Then Apple will notice and start to care.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Thanks

Also the guy would have more integrity to me if he never went down the Apple App Store path and went to Cydia. Fact is he did try to make it work and now has decided it isn't worth it to him. Fine by me.

What will change Apple? When Cydia starts to make millions for devs who start supporting the jailbreak community. Then Apple will notice and start to care.[/QUOTE]

I agree the only way apple will care is if something like Cydia starts to take money away from their greedy little hands. Think about it, it's only been a few years since the app store and look at the millions that apple has made from it. It would be nice to see something else build up and within a few short years drive apple back to reality. Don't see that happening in reality with apple set on stopping jailbreaking. With the advent of the droid and others to come with a more open platform for development maybe we will see apple back off some of their ridiculous rules. I think the only thing that will change their views is if someone makes a phone that cuts into their profit margin.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Apple won't care
    Apple are just like Micro$oft in this sense. They both don't care about their users. All they want is money.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Guys u can get push on fb. Download textfree on app store and get ur email address. Go to fb and change ur email to ur textfree and the turn push on. Then ull get push

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I absolutely love the fact that people are saying things such as this don't matter.

If you slowly push developers away that are working on projects such as fb, you risk allowing the cult-like following to move to another platform.

Liken this to video gaming platforms. If you have a firm grasp on a market, you have to nurture that relationship. Nintendo treated Square-Enix like ****, putting out platforms that just didn't allow S-E to build the games they wanted to. What happened? They went to Sony to publish the next several games in the series. I can count more friends than I have fingers that no longer bought Nintendo products, as they didn't provide the gateway to a series that people had fallen in love with.

Mix that with teen angst and tens of millions of end users, and you have a recipe for the "next great fb app" to be published on another system. I'm personally hoping that it's an Android app, but I won't be holding my breath.

I'm not spouting doom and gloom for Apple, but I believe that they are on a slippery slope. The developer community watches examples such as this and are often as fickle as the iphone users they are publishing apps for.
    Last edited by wife2tooslo; 11-13-2009 at 06:23 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wife2tooslo View Post
    I absolutely love the fact that people are saying things such as this don't matter.

If you slowly push developers away that are working on projects such as fb, you risk allowing the cult-like following to move to another platform.

Liken this to video gaming platforms. If you have a firm grasp on a market, you have to nurture that relationship. Nintendo treated Square-Enix like ****, putting out platforms that just didn't allow S-E to build the games they wanted to. What happened? They went to Sony to publish the next several games in the series. I can count more friends than I have fingers that no longer bought Nintendo products, as they didn't provide the gateway to a series that people had fallen in love with.

Mix that with teen angst and tens of millions of end users, and you have a recipe for the "next great fb app" to be published on another system. I'm personally hoping that it's an Android app, but I won't be holding my breath.

I'm not spouting doom and gloom for Apple, but I believe that they are on a slippery slope. The developer community watches examples such as this and are often as fickle as the iphone users they are publishing apps for.
    i have seen people on here actally compare apple to nintendo i hope they dont go down that pat bc nintendo is now an after thought to playstation and xbox who have been in the gaming industry a lot shorter than nintendo ... what did nintendo do anyway does anyone know??

Thanks

I would have done the same thing. Their policies are pushing good developers away and limiting their freedom in mapplications.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s4mb4 View Post
    he seems like a bit of a cry baby imo.
    its apples app store, not his. he should take his app back home to play by himself if he does not like it.
    Apple is one the most succesful US companies around. there is a reason for that.
    he's not taking it back. he's taking his amazing talents elsewhere. it'll be a loss for the iphone and a gain for whatever platform he codes for.

and you're saying facebook isn't successful? hmm.