+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New $99 iPhone to Be Verizon-Only?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Not going to happen, and here's why : • making a cdma phone excludes the 8GB to the rest of the world. Are they really going to make a phone
    Thanks

Not going to happen, and here's why :

• making a cdma phone excludes the 8GB to the rest of the world. Are they really going to make a phone just for the US so they can't reap the rewards of the cheap sales everywhere else.?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

^ Stupid argument, They've already done that for China.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

does it really matter if your iphone is jailbroken and unlocked? who cares if verizon gets it? the point is to rock the iphone and pay for cheap service.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Oh God let this come true...I could finally actually stop giving up the idea of giving up the iPhone, as I'm going to switch back to Verizon soon if AT&T doesn't get their heads out of their asses and provide decent (just decent is all I'm asking for) service.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

this crap has been flying for too long... I wish something would just go through already...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    You should have written that in blue heh.
    Lol, damn i should have
    iLive an iLife

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bernie-Mac For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-16-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    ^ Stupid argument, They've already done that for China.
    Good point, but China does have a population that's a little over 1.5 Billion people, compared to just over 400 million people in the US. That might have had something to do with it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darwina View Post
    Right... I kind of like the island of misfit toys commercial though :P
    This was the post that stuck out most to me, and why I can see Verizon courting Apple in some ways.

During that commercial, the misfit toys admit that the iphone is a really great device, and point out the only letdown is AT&T's network.

They have been sly in attacking AT&T while still showing the iphone in a positive light. It's this type of subtle advertising that makes current AT&T iphone users kick themselves in the *** for using a substandard service. Just look at the people on this message board who would switch if the iphone went to Verizon.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flintTC View Post
    My best friend was going to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, but saw the Droid and decided to renew his Verizon contract cause of the Droid hype. He still likes my jailbroken iPhone more and now regrets his decision and can't do anything about it without paying that crazy EFT.
    Doesn't Verizon have the 30 day buyer's remorse period? Most cell phone companies do where you can return the device and just pay a restocking fee and maybe a small additional fee.

If he's really that unhappy that's what I would recommend.

And yeah, I really have no beef with AT&T either. In my area our network is good (the old AT&T Wireless and then Cingular both spent a lot of money upgrading the network here) and I never drop calls. Ever. The only time I drop calls is when I'm talking to somebody on another network, but even that's rare.

My whole city (Spokane) is actually pretty well covered with towers on every network, even in the more rural areas. I know Verizon actually extends a bit farther out of town, but everywhere I ever go I have ample coverage, even in some rural areas where I thought there was no way I would even get a signal, let alone 3G.

I just wish it was cheaper, or that my work discount would apply towards the data plans. That would drop it quite a bit actually, since I get a good 26% on my minutes plan from my work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Just look at the people on this message board who would switch if the iphone went to Verizon.
    I know right...I'm damn sure one of them. God help AT&T if Verizon gets the iPhone. And the fan boys can sit right here and have that sub-standard network alllll to themselves. And then watch their service go to crap if they ever decide to leave their service area and try to drive around the country.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Som1 plz comfirm this rumor
    i need a iphonz 4 verizon!!!!
    I CONFIRM this is a RUMOR
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This is a good news but not a very good news. I have used Verizon and I know what kind of cheap service I got from it. Verizon just sucks. I am sure people will agree with it.
    mod/edit links removed

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I will stick with my AT&T 3G speeds. I have used Verizon's version of what they consider to be 3G and it is nothing more than a glorified Edge connection.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I will stick with my AT&T 3G speeds. I have used Verizon's version of what they consider to be 3G and it is nothing more than a glorified Edge connection.
    I'll switch so I can actually get and keep a signal when I move 3 feet left or right of an existing signal.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123