+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New $99 iPhone to Be Verizon-Only?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Well, I wish they would go to Tmobile too! I could then just extend my contract 2 more years with tmobile. Regardless,I am going to ATT next year either as
    Thanks

Well, I wish they would go to Tmobile too! I could then just extend my contract 2 more years with tmobile. Regardless,I am going to ATT next year either as a Prepay to take advantage of the new unlimited talk/text prepay package with my iphone of course. My tmobile ends next year so I am happy. The fact my iphone is unlocked and jailbroken I am all smiles whatever the new model is.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    I had the best service with tmobile. I lived in the dorms on nob hill and always had service even in the basement.
    You've also had the best edge connection and lack of speed with T-Mobile. Don't forget that one!

Quote Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
    cant wait im sick and tired of all these dropped calls .. and sh!tty coverage!!
    maybe ****** coverage (for you..My connection is great! ) but they are #2 in the country as far as networks.
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-12-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sounds good until everyone moves to verizon and they have capacity problems.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to psychodave For This Useful Post:

Kiserai (11-14-2009)

Thanks

Thanks for the info... I miss my Verizon and hate AT&T and hope Verizon sucks all the money out of AT&T... If this comes to Verizon I am switching on the spot... breaking contract and all!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    You do know that, ohh, since a couple of years ago, Verizon stopped touching smartphone OS's....Right?

I'm guessing that you still think that PC's have blue screens....
    Wait ... are you saying that PC's don't blue screen anymore? If you are, you're an idiot and you have no idea what your talking about.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dunlapface View Post
    Wait ... are you saying that PC's don't blue screen anymore? If you are, you're an idiot and you have no idea what your talking about.
    maybe he means PCs that come with the 3.1 OS. (Windows 3.1) ....idk.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

On many levels it can make sense. Verizon needed to make a splash and cut a window of opportunity to get "a player" into the "app store" frenzy, revenue-wise. Looking at most recent reviews we can already see Droid has potential and excels in several areas but much is still unpolished. They KNEW that but had to cast a player, not because of the player but because of the market share. So if they do bring an iPhone into the foray, they have the best of both worlds. It's not about a company against another, it's more like just "playing the game, business".

Verizon Droid iDoesn’t Beat iPhone on Browser, Apps, Multi-touch or User Interface

"Did Verizon and Motorola forget to include a few things in their iDon’t attack ads, like iDon’t render web pages as slowly or badly, iDon’t arbitrarily restrict the amount of apps users can install to 256MB, iDon’t fail to implement multi-touch, and iDon’t have a worse user experience.
    We can’t blame them, of course. They were focusing on the iPhone’s weaknesses, as the geekier among us (nitpickers included!) would have to admit, and not the Droid’s. It was their ad, and fair enough.
    However, for those considering the Droid vs. an iPhone, we should lay all the cards on the table. Sure the iPhone lacks a physical keyboard (that irks some users, pleases others), doesn’t have Google Maps Navigation (yet), doesn’t match all the specs, and has issues with App Store approvals (though that doesn’t effect most users). But what about the Droid?
    (And no, we don’t mean that horrible devil-red eye graphic that’s kind of the opposite of “not evil” and makes that incessant “DRRROOOOOOIIDDD” chime pretty much indistinguishable from “REDRUM!”)
    First, in the perfunctory Browser Battles, it turns out the almost two month old iPhone 3.1 Safari is still king of the mobile mountain, according to MobileCrunch:
    On the popular web-standards test known as Acid3, the iPhone scores a 100/100 while the Droid caps out at 93/100. [...] Once you’ve grown accustomed to pinch-zooming, the level of accuracy provided by tap-zooming alone simply doesn’t cut it. [...] The iPhone browser is also considerably faster, with page loads completing anywhere from 15-30% more quickly with both handsets on WiFi.
    Second, we all know the Android Market doesn’t have as many apps as the App Store, but maybe that’s a good thing since Android 2.0 still doesn’t fix its app space limitation, leaving Droid with a paltry 256MB for apps according to AndroidandMe.com:
    Google does not support installing apps to the SD card (and likely never will), so developers are limited in what they can create. [...] For most applications, we want a small file size to limit the download times. When it comes to 3D games though, we need a ton of space for all the high-res textures, audio, and video. [...] Have you seen all the awesome iPhone and iPod Touch games? Hardly any of them would fit on an Android phone.
    This problem, of course, also plagues the Palm webOS and BlackBerry platforms. NokiaExpert and ZDNet’s Matt Miller’s been told it’s a security issue, but does that matter to end users when iPhone’s can go up to (almost) 32GB?
    Third, if you’re a fan of the iPhone and iPod touch’s (and Magic Mouse’s!) multi-touch, don’t think the Droid will have your fingers covered. According to Engadget:
    As you have probably heard (or guessed), there’s no multitouch on this device. That’s clearly an issue with Android 2.0 and choices that Google is making about user interface
    Fourth, the user interface, while definitely an improvement — and maybe even a refreshing change for some — still doesn’t rise to level of usability as the iPhone. Like MobileCrunch (and every other review we’ve seen), we’ve given our iPhones to toddlers and they’ve been able to use them well.
    That’s still Apple’s killer app. And that’s likely why, even after going all in on Droid and throwing BlackBerry under the bus (even canceling their BOGO!), Verizon still wants the iPhone…"

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil18 View Post
    You do know that, ohh, since a couple of years ago, Verizon stopped touching smartphone OS's....Right?

I'm guessing that you still think that PC's have blue screens....
    They do.
    iLive an iLife

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

You should have written that in blue heh.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

Bernie-Mac (11-13-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

verizon = cheap phone.. = ridiculous monthly payments...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hollow0 View Post
    You've also had the best edge connection and lack of speed with T-Mobile. Don't forget that one!
    that may be, I didnt have to worry about dropped calls or bad service. was just making a comment in regards to someone living in the bay area as well.

Thanks

About time. At&T is SUCK

Thanks

apple goes to verizon im done im staying with att because i get a 15% medical discount and **** ill just keep JB and UL my iphone, phuck verizon, this is unreal, so dont believe this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ??????
    Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

highly highly doubt that iphone will ever be for verizon.
    especially judging by the recent commercials, "iDont" and the iPhone being in their winter commercial.

It just wont happen
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxygrrl View Post
    Oh, Goodness, I hope so. ATT is so horrible in San Francisco. I've been thinking about givening up my iphone.
    how much for shipped to india

Thanks

verizon sucks! i had them for about 6 years. coverage absolutely sucks! thats why i finally switched to at&T. which was the first time i EVER received 3G. NEVER on verizon did i EVER receive anything over E or * . verizon=fail
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbond007 View Post
    I hope THEY NEVER make the iPhone for Verizon, NEVER. EVER!! I HOPE APPLE NEVER make products that could be even hacked for use by those blood suckin fu@kers. I HATE VERIZON.. UCK'em.. arrogant bastards.

yes, its personal.
    Tell us how you really feel .

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Verizon Sucks for me
    The age old AT&T and Verizon debate. Which is better, at&t sucks oh no verizon sucks. I had Cingular for 5 years with great service, then I switched to Verizon just cause a relative got me a great deal on a familiy plan. The switch was the biggest mistake I ever made, my service was bad and the phones were worse. I decided to switched to AT&T and I have no complaints what so ever. Apple and Verizon together for the next gen iPhone, I don't think so and I hope not. For me AT&T is way better then Verizon ever was. My 2 cents.

My best friend was going to switch to AT&T for the iPhone, but saw the Droid and decided to renew his Verizon contract cause of the Droid hype. He still likes my jailbroken iPhone more and now regrets his decision and can't do anything about it without paying that crazy EFT.
    Last edited by flintTC; 11-13-2009 at 12:15 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone madczech's Avatar
    Thanks

in my opinion its just a question of time before apple has to free the iphone for all carriers, it's just a hassle for the carrier who sells the iphone and for apple themselves... and would't apple make more profit freeing the iphone from their chains??? I mean look at china! It lived and still lives off the grey market for kailbreaked and unlocked iphones... and what does the official carrier learn from it? The dont sell the iPhones because their ust to expensive with the contract! hello apple, arent you the company who just behind the profit? My opinion their going the wrong wrong way

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    It's just business, and Apple knows that. The "Droid does" ad campaign will not affect Apple's decision to go to Verizon. When they're ready, they will.
    Yes, but I doubt verizon would pump so much money into marketing the droid onto their network as being better than the iphone if they are jumping to grab the iphone themselves... THAT is bad business...

In any case I hope it is true so hundreds of thousands of people jump onto verizon's network and overload it so that people can see that it isn't so much ATT is crappy but rather it is overloaded. Verizon WILL get overloaded too, guaranteed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings