Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Malware Allows Access to Jailbroken iPhones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anyway to stop OpenSSH from starting by default?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhekt View Post
    how many times do we all have to re-explain how to change root password? OK ONE MORE TIME:

mobile terminal
    su
    alpine
    paswd
    new password
    new password

You need to change both the root and mobile passwords. If you've only put your new password twice (new password and confirmation), you're not done. To have both root and mobile passwords changed you need to enter your new password FOUR SEPARATE times... i.e. 1- new root password, 2- confirm new root password, 3- new mobile password, 4- confirm new mobile password. And yes, the command is "passwd" not paswd.
    Last edited by The Digital Alchemist; 11-12-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think someone hacked into my iPhone. I just finished installing a theme through Diskaid and after I restarted the phone in the lockscreen it had a message saying "Nothing will happen yet, but just know this came from the web server. I know right Pretty awesome" something like that. Then the message would not go away so I restored my phone and after I'm done re-jailbreaking it and putting all my apps back in I go to my Phone book and all the words are mad big and all out of place. So I rebooted the phone and when it rebooted I could only see and access one application which was Aim. I couldnt see any other icons.

Has this happen to anyone else? I don't even use SSH and I don't have it installed.

I think I'm gonna have to sell it and get another one. It's a 3GS 16GB by the way. This has me so frustrated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
    I think i've been breached...I can't change the password it won't let me type in alpine
    Nothing appeared while i was typing in "apline", but when i pushed return, after i had typed it, it accepted the password.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBossA View Post
    I think someone hacked into my iPhone. I just finished installing a theme through Diskaid and after I restarted the phone in the lockscreen it had a message saying "Nothing will happen yet, but just know this came from the web server. I know right Pretty awesome" something like that. Then the message would not go away so I restored my phone and after I'm done re-jailbreaking it and putting all my apps back in I go to my Phone book and all the words are mad big and all out of place. So I rebooted the phone and when it rebooted I could only see and access one application which was Aim. I couldnt see any other icons.

Has this happen to anyone else? I don't even use SSH and I don't have it installed.

I think I'm gonna have to sell it and get another one. It's a 3GS 16GB by the way. This has me so frustrated right now.
    Try booting it into dfu mode then doing a full restore and setting it up as a new phone. Before you sync stuff back to it, see if it works.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 11-13-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unfaced View Post
    Is there a USB file transfer method available for PC since iPhone browser doesn't work anymore?
    Total Commander is still working on my Wife's phone as well as my 2G ipt. Both are running 3.1.2.

I generally just uninstall openSSH after I've re-enabled USB.

Quote Originally Posted by TooSlo View Post
    Total Commander is still working on my Wife's phone as well as my 2G ipt. Both are running 3.1.2.

I generally just uninstall openSSH after I've re-enabled USB.
    How do you enable USB???
    The only thing that threatens my humanity... is, none other than, reality.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234