+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Lets Hitler Slip Past Radar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ipoong William Shirer's seminal work, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich has a swastika on the cover. Wow. Why should people be allowed to study
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipoong View Post
    William Shirer's seminal work, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich has a swastika on the cover. Wow. Why should people be allowed to study history at all? We should just ignore it and have it go away. No sense in trying to understand the minds of neo-fascists and neo-nazis.

Also, freedom of press and free speech are completely over-rated. We should let Apple control our lives. Heil Steve!

(for those unable to understand, the above is sarcasm - no, I'm not a skinhead or a neo-nazi or a fascist; I think they're pathetic criminals whose mommies probably ignored them as children)
    I'm a Jew but agree. History is history. I think even Jews should read garbage nazi propaganda, especially those born after the holocaust; it's just part of the history lesson.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You guys say this should be banned and no one should read it, but there is an episode of Family Guy on right now featuring Stewie as Hitler and his uniform had a Mcain/Palin button on it. Should comedy featuring this kind of thing be banned as well? Just because it makes fun of a murderous *******? No. Maybe I should write to Fox and tell them I'm offended they would compare a veteran of the Vietnam War as a Hilter supporter?

Personally I wouldn't read it, don't care to ingest that sort of thing. But if I were to read it doesn't mean I would sprout a 'stache and start a skinhead club. Get over yourselves and quit acting like people would go on murderous rampages over reading a book. Jeez.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

This is available through Amazon and Kimble. Those "morons" missed it too. Geez

iPhone? More like MyPhone staterunner180's Avatar
    Thanks

I, personally, don't think it should have been taken down. Some people, such as historians or people interested in what made Hitler do the things he did. He was a military genius, albeit an insane one, but a genius nonetheless. Plus, the Swastika was used before Hitler, he simple adopted it as his symbol and infamousized it.

Also, if mankind doesn't learn about our mistakes, we are bound to repeat them.
    Last edited by staterunner180; 11-09-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats1 View Post
    i will pound you mercilessly with my bacon rod until your your eyes pop out.

Twitter It Up!!

http://twitter.com/staterunner180

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the big deal about this? We can go out and buy the book anytime we want in hundreds of languages. Shelter me more and filter all the bad things from ever getting to me PLEASE...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Apple to me is another hitler in the making with monopolistic and dictatorial tactics

Thanks

so much for equal opportunity? ehh....free world. even the mona lisa is falling apart.
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

History is history. Anyone that takes offense to history already has a problem with it before it becomes a problem within itself so therefore are the people causing the problem. DO NOT censor history or you'll be doomed to repeat it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess using this standard Apple would refuse anything that mentioned the US civil war since it had issues of racism. Apple is just dumb and they are getting heavy handed in their view that they control the world. They are going to be thier own demise, android phones are here so there is an alternative. Google should create the android app store.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Master Theme Creator (aka Bluemetal) Blue's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,158 Times in 3,317 Posts

As im from Germany some background informations for this controversial discussion:

- Remember that the Nazis burned and banned books !
    - the icon itself is distasteful and showing the swastika in public is a criminal act in Germany.
    - The "copyrights" of this book belong to the state of Bavaria. After the war the allied forces confisticated the property of Hitler. As he formal lived in Munich, the allied forces gave everything to the state of Bavaria/Germany, including the copyrights.
    - the copyrights will end until 2015 (after 70 Years)

But the legal postion is very controversial and complex. So selling this book is allowed in the USA and other contries. It is not clear in what country Bavaria holds the coyright or if it even is allowed the confisticat copyrights.

SO, maybe this all ist just a copyright thing, nothing more.
    Last edited by Blue; 11-10-2009 at 04:31 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-10-2009)

Thanks

This Speech in Particular was a very powerful one; though it may have been negative in nature, it was a very important part of history and i see no reason why it should not be documented. There are people who try to forget about the holocaust, but although it was a terrible tragedy; people need to be aware that things like this happen. Stop trying to cushion people's emotions by making such a fuss over something like this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think removing the book from the store bothers me more than the book itself. Sure, it's a book written by a psychopath, but it's still a book. It's freedom of speech.

I'll let this slide, since the Apps store is a private sector, but I don't believe in censorship.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123