Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "PhoneBook" Combines Your Phone and a Children's Book

MMi Staff Writer Paul Daniel Ash's Avatar
    Thanks

Default "PhoneBook" Combines Your Phone and a Children's Book
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnZTul_9fWc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - iPhone???????????PhoneBook?[/ame]

In a novel use of mixed electronic and traditional media, Japan's Mobile Art Lab created "PhoneBook," a children's picture book that becomes interactive when you slide your iPhone into it.

Using the phone's touchscreen and a switch that changes the scene when the page is turned, the book - currently just an art concept with no indication of when it may be commercially available - opens up new possibilities for interactive media. The art group's intent was "to create a new parent-child communication through the mobile (phone), and their website (auto-translation here) says that they want to extend the concept into "magazines and books," which could lead to more such experiments and -one hopes - possibly a product that you could bring home to your kid one day.

This thing would be an incredibly popular Christmas present if it were on the market.
    Last edited by Paul Daniel Ash; 11-08-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: video spacing

i like it.. great idea ..

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Just what we need another reason for our kids to take our iPhones

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thats pretty cooL!

i love this book!
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

awww how cute

Interesting... but bbillh77 has got a point lol.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a two year old, this would be awesome :-D
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

I could see my niece playing with this then try to close the book and snap my iphone in half haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    Just what we need another reason for our kids to take our iPhones
    phones are getting so cheap and popular parents are gonna start buying there kids iphones when there born lol remember the cell phone zack morris had on saved by the bell that was cool stuff back then that only the rich people got, or the "bag" phone for cars now everybody and there brother got cell phones.
    Yeah, you'll be the coolest person in the room when you pull one out and show it around, but that gets old fast when three other people have them and one person somehow has one that glows in the dark.
    John C. Dvorak
    The American columnist and broadcaster in article 'Rethinking the iPhone' in PC Magazine.

Funny the comment about "another reason for the kids to want to play with there Iphone"... Thats kinda the problem i think... this product seems to promote actually doing something with your kid rather then just shoving an electronic baby sitter in there hand and going off and doing your own thing.
    wish my kid was still young enough to do stuff like this. i miss it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolasme View Post
    Funny the comment about "another reason for the kids to want to play with there Iphone"... Thats kinda the problem i think... this product seems to promote actually doing something with your kid rather then just shoving an electronic baby sitter in there hand and going off and doing your own thing.
    wish my kid was still young enough to do stuff like this. i miss it

Have some more lol

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

LOL this is a cute idea! What will they think of next? I like this idea myself even though I don't have any young children in my life....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Can you really call that a book? It was more of a frame than anything. They can't seriously call it "Phone Book" though, right? I mean, considering that it already means something entirely different in most places.