Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verizon iPhone "Nano" in 2010?

Thanks

Iphone nano? If it's also thinner then I would be more interested.

This will never happen! I can spot BS when I hear it.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

if you've ever worked on an iPhone, you know the digitizer ribbon to be near the earpiece not the home buton

the iphone on verizon would suck!!! they dont have 'real'3g as their speeds go up to only 3Mbps, unlike att's 7!!! Verizon 3g is not much better then edge (~1Mbps) , remember how slow that was?????

the reason for the new size is a new screen. the new ones will come out OLED. google: "2.8" OLED" and see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by pauldanielash
    Recently, Verizon Wireless announced a policy that would levy a $350 fine on customers who cancel contracts on "advanced devices," which leads some observers to wonder if the report of a future Verizon iPhone will put a drag on Droid, Storm, and Pre sales over the holidays.
    Am I to understand there was no cancellation fee's prior to this? I've heard that AT&T is very flexible on people who inform them that they're moving out of the country (though I don't know since I live in Canada, where cancelling my contract will cost me $600).

Quote Originally Posted by adsn76 View Post
    if you've ever worked on an iPhone, you know the digitizer ribbon to be near the earpiece not the home buton
    IIRC the iPod Touch's ribbon cable for the digitizer is near the home button. In any case, if they're talking about a new phone, what makes you think they can't redesign?
    Last edited by drumstyx; 11-07-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy17 View Post
    first off....is the ban for the whole "first" thing in the thread EVER going to take affect? I'm so tired of seeing that crap. I know there are a million 11 year olds with iphones, but seriously, GIVE IT UP

/rant

to contribute to the thread, i think a small iphone would be great. I don't have a problem with the size of the 3.5, but a smaller one would be a great option. Verizon also seems like a good move, IMO. 3G coverage basically everywhere is kinda nice, unlike the Edge we get everywhere on att
    ****** edge we get everywhere on att? you must be talking about T-Mobile.. cuz i've got 3G :P

Quote Originally Posted by tudtran View Post
    Iphone nano? If it's also thinner then I would be more interested.
    Thinner? geez..you might as well get an iPod Touch! IMO the smaller the form factor the less options and speed you get. It would prob end up being a slower device...if that happens, you can have your smaller device.. i'll keep my 3GS.

I really wish this iPhone NANO crap would cease. It's a myth!
    Last edited by hollow0; 11-07-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm switching to Verizon if they make an iPhone that is compatible. Overseas capability is a nice to have, but not a deal killer. ATT service is hit or miss no matter where I go. My wife's Verizon service never suddenly alerts 11 voicemails with no missed calls that were missed over the weekend because of switching service areas. Yep, definitely switching to Verizon as soon as the iPhone comes out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by helibubba View Post
    I'm switching to Verizon if they make an iPhone that is compatible. Overseas capability is a nice to have, but not a deal killer.

the iphone is a gsm multiband phone, it can already be used world wide. verizon on the other hand uses cdma, which limits them. so when they say it'll be able to be used world wide, thats by verizons standards..

as far as the mini screen goes. the keyboard we have now takes up a good chunk of visual real estate on our standard sized screens. so will this one have a slide out keyboard, or will it just take up the entire screen when you type? or make the keyboard even smaller? none of those even sound feasible just from that one stand point.

my verizon buddies will be stoked! maybe..
    killall Terminal[]

Quote Originally Posted by tw1zt3d View Post
    the iphone is a gsm multiband phone, it can already be used world wide. verizon on the other hand uses cdma, which limits them. so when they say it'll be able to be used world wide, thats by verizons standards..
    Verizon World Wide phones are dual CDMA and GSM so on their network they use CDMA and everyone else's use GSM.

But I still think this story stinks of BS
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i really doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by alek View Post
    Verizon 3g is not much better then edge (~1Mbps) , remember how slow that was?????
    I have T-Mobile, I'm living what you "remember" =[

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12