+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $99 8GB iPhone 3GS for Christmas?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by thatcoralguy People, Why are you guys still chasing a company like Apple who are against you modding your phone and are against everything written in this blog?
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoralguy View Post
    People,

Why are you guys still chasing a company like Apple who are against you modding your phone and are against everything written in this blog? The android can do everything that the iphone can do. Plus it has a higher resolution camera, plus it has a removable battery, plus you can unlock the phone without having to hack it each time a software update comes out, plus you can upgrade from 8 to 16 gigs without having to sell the phone.

I was on the tmobile site today and it provides instructions on how to jailbreak your andriod,commonly referred to in the android community as rooting, plus tmobile even gives you the unlock code to PERMANENTLY unlock the phone.

It's like chasing after the star chearleader in high school who keeps telling you that she wants nothing to do with you but you continue to chase after her on a daily basis.

Just sell your iphones on ebay and move to a platform that embraces individuality, supports your needs (you can tether on the andriod and tmobile supports this), and not have to sit up at 3:00am on blog.iphone.dev and wait for Musclenerd to release his latest version of Pwnage.

I am currently running 2 andriods on tmobile with unlimited minutes, unlimited text messaging, and unlimited internet for $139.

Try and get that from AT&T. For this price, it is not even worth the time to stay with my iphone and continually have to keep hacks running to get my alerts to work with google voice so that I have free text messsaging. Not to mention that google voice is integrated into the andriod phone and the andriod widgets are much better then the iphone widgets. So are the themes.
    Hey floyd, you're on an iPHONE ENTHUSIAST SITE. FYI.........
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

The only thing Android needs, is the Droid at Sprint/T-Mobile within 6 months. The current stuff they have is just not going to cut it for me power wise.. the 3G is killing me softly right now with how slow it is.

June 2010: iPhone's free with a 2 Year contract. Everybody and their mother will have one exactly the same as the other since Apple is against customization and all..

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

People are trying to compare the android OTB to the Jailbroken Iphone. When you buy the android, you need to "Root" the phone which is android jailbreaking and then install one of many custom "roms" which are customized versions of the OTB OS. This is where you will find the many custom themes, the ability to add many custom themes without a third party app like winterboard, tethering is already part of the cyanogen mod (custom os) so no need for any "hack" to enable tethering.

Today, most developers take the stock android OS and modify it like we are doing today with cydia. Then they deploy the custom os for download so there are not "25 custom icons on your springboard to get you phone to look and act the way you want to. It's all imbeded as part of the OS and managed through setting.

Oh, did I mention that you can download the custom roms through google and or through the android market which is the google equivalent of the appstore? Imagine that, phone makers and carriers supporing third party downloads which customizes not only the look but the functionality of the phone. Well, it has arrived on the android. Not to mention that the themes are much nicer looking then on the iphone and I don't have to feel like I am breaking the law by downloading a theme from the android marke because my cell phone carrier allows it.

Why people still even own an iphone I will never understand. The earier post about the paperweight, that was the g1. The new mytouch is extremely light. My lighter then the iphone not to mention sleaker.

Also the andriod has customized "widegets" that go with themes that are awesome. You guys have that sorry excuse for a weather widget called IBNWeather while we have one much more elaborate with a "flip click" that automatically recognizes your location and displays the weather. No having to adjust .cs files. Who really wants to spend the time manipulating code to have your phone display the weather properly on your theme. Just download and go I say.

All this is on the android market folks. No need for cydia. I bet Saurik is shaking that his beloved cydia will be nothing more than a fond memory like the atari 2600 was in about 9 months time. Sorry for all your hard work Saurik but you have no one to blame but yourself for developing on a platform that is owned by someone who does not embrace what you are doing where on the android platform, you'd be celebrated by people like google, tmobile, htc, etc. Probably is the form of loads of $$$.

But, chase after that cheerleader who you'll never go out with and wants nothing to do with you and see who ultimately prevails? Not to mention all the headaches and stress that go along with chasing.

Android Rules!

Thanks

ughhh? 8gb? what can you do with that?
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks

seems like good news

Thanks

so its christmas time and i havnt heard anything yet on this
    killall Terminal[]

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Not happening